Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone in life wants to be successful. Undeniably.
Whether success be in terms of monetary value or spiritual value or whatever else is subjectively important, I'd say that most American's shoot for monetary success above all else.

Why?
Because if a man makes money, he feels as if he can provide for his family. He feels as if by making the money, he is proving to the world that he made it. That he is not a loser. If he were a loser, he'd be part of the 90% of people who try but ultimately fail.

He is trying to mask his insecurity. I see this in almost every single human I encounter. Oblivious to it, of course.

So, my point of the thread. What is the most successful mbti type out there?
Hands down, the ENTJ. We really are THE SHIT. :laughing:

So, when people take MBTI tests, do you think that they have a clear image of themselves? FUCK NO!
A while back, I decided to test this theory by telling some people on AIM to take the test. Not the real one of course, but that shitty online one 82 questions or something that does get the job done IF THE TESTTAKER HAS A GOOD OPINION OF HIM/HERSELF.

I am very good at reading people so defining their MBTI type comes pretty easily to me. Knowing damn well what their result SHOULD have been, I was not in the last bit surprised to find that people were mistakingly scoring ENTJ. 2/3 people that are not ENTJ scored ENTJ on the test. And what's worse, when they read the description of the badass Executive that they are with their utmost confidence they believed it and started thanking me. "OMG THIS TEST IS SO COOL AND RIGHT I ALWAYS KNEW IT!!"

What does this tell me?
That insecure people want to be ENTJ's in our society that respects success. People have an obscure vision of themselves. This not only sickens, but depresses me. Why can't people accept themselves for who they are? Is it fair that I must live in a world with people who are fake? Fuck no. Which begs the question - Who is really worth liking? Fact of the matter is that it is reality.

How many people live their lives not even knowing who they truly are? What the FUCK is going on in their heads and what type of LIES are they feeding themselves? Sickening shit.

Reading some of the posts, I'd wager that not everyone here is truly an ENTJ for this reason, but simply people passing themselves off as such. Fake ENTJ's. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Whatchu talkin' 'bout? I ain't no fake ENTJ.

Most successful? Obviously every SP type. Y'all ain't got shit on us!

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Everyone in life wants to be successful. Undeniably.
Whether success be in terms of monetary value or spiritual value or whatever else is subjectively important, I'd say that most American's shoot for monetary success above all else.

Why?
Because if a man makes money, he feels as if he can provide for his family. He feels as if by making the money, he is proving to the world that he made it. That he is not a loser. If he were a loser, he'd be part of the 90% of people who try but ultimately fail.

He is trying to mask his insecurity. I see this in almost every single human I encounter. Oblivious to it, of course.

So, my point of the thread. What is the most successful mbti type out there?
Hands down, the ENTJ. We really are THE SHIT. :laughing:

So, when people take MBTI tests, do you think that they have a clear image of themselves? FUCK NO!
A while back, I decided to test this theory by telling some people on AIM to take the test. Not the real one of course, but that shitty online one 82 questions or something that does get the job done IF THE TESTTAKER HAS A GOOD OPINION OF HIM/HERSELF.

I am very good at reading people so defining their MBTI type comes pretty easily to me. Knowing damn well what their result SHOULD have been, I was not in the last bit surprised to find that people were mistakingly scoring ENTJ. 2/3 people that are not ENTJ scored ENTJ on the test. And what's worse, when they read the description of the badass Executive that they are with their utmost confidence they believed it and started thanking me. "OMG THIS TEST IS SO COOL AND RIGHT I ALWAYS KNEW IT!!"

What does this tell me?
That insecure people want to be ENTJ's in our society that respects success. People have an obscure vision of themselves. This not only sickens, but depresses me. Why can't people accept themselves for who they are? Is it fair that I must live in a world with people who are fake? Fuck no. Which begs the question - Who is really worth liking? Fact of the matter is that it is reality.

How many people live their lives not even knowing who they truly are? What the FUCK is going on in their heads and what type of LIES are they feeding themselves? Sickening shit.

Reading some of the posts, I'd wager that not everyone here is truly an ENTJ for this reason, but simply people passing themselves off as such. Fake ENTJ's. What do you guys think?

Yes.... I hate to say this... but I see it most often with sensors. ..... just saying what I notice.... even more often with SF's but that's just my experience.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.... I hate to say this... but I see it most often with sensors. ..... just saying what I notice.... even more often with SF's but that's just my experience.
Sensors, I've noticed, are almost universally insecure about their inability to be N's.
They try to "speak up" to me by using big words, insightful thoughts, etc.
And, as an N, I see right through it. And it pains me because I LIKE THE GODDAMN PERSON AS A SENSOR! I would much rather be with a sensor who is comfortable with being a sensor than a sensor feigning intuitive. I like the person for who they are, but start to dislike them when they start acting out who they aren't. Makes life hard for me, oblivous to them of course cause I nod my head and smile back saying YEAH MAN!

GAH!

·
Registered
675 Posts
What do you guys think?
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck. FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!

Seriously though, I agree with you totally-- sometimes it is difficult to see where the NT nerdiness and social awkwardness kicks in for a lot of the advertised ENTJs.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Sensors, I've noticed, are almost universally insecure about their inability to be N's.
They try to "speak up" to me by using big words, insightful thoughts, etc.
And, as an N, I see right through it. And it pains me because I LIKE THE GODDAMN PERSON AS A SENSOR! I would much rather be with a sensor who is comfortable with being a sensor than a sensor feigning intuitive. I like the person for who they are, but start to dislike them when they start acting out who they aren't. Makes life hard for me, oblivous to them of course cause I nod my head and smile back saying YEAH MAN!

GAH!
Yep. They often answer what they think they should be. And yea I did notice a guy who ended up being ENTJ. Probably because ENTJ/ESTJ is the typical manly thing to do. Are you extroverted?.... well extroversion seems more admirable... so yes ill put that. Are you intuitive? .... oh yea I day dream sometimes (i can't stand that answer)...... do you make judgements based on feelings or logic? .... well it's better to be logical that emotional in our society so yea logical. perceiving or judging?.... well no one wants to be labeled as judgemental.

Problem with this is that sensors are much more aware of societies values/rules... or whatever rules that are presented to them. When asked about who they are, they are more likely to go along with the group that they associate themselves with.

Reactions: Promethea

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck. FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!

Seriously though, I agree with you totally-- sometimes it is difficult to see where the NT nerdiness and social awkwardness kicks in for a lot of the advertised ENTJs.
Elaborate on that

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. They often answer what they think they should be. And yea I did notice a guy who ended up being ENTJ. Probably because ENTJ/ESTJ is the typical manly thing to do. Are you extroverted?.... well extroversion seems more admirable... so yes ill put that. Are you intuitive? .... oh yea I day dream sometimes (i can't stand that answer)...... do you make judgements based on feelings or logic? .... well it's better to be logical that emotional in our society so yea logical. perceiving or judging?.... well no one wants to be labeled as judgemental.

Problem with this is that sensors are much more aware of societies values/rules... or whatever rules that are presented to them. When asked about who they are, they are more likely to go along with the group that they associate themselves with.
Yep! And isn't it just lolworthy that 80% of us are sensors???
Plus points for being INFP too :happy: You guys legitimately confuse me but are tight as hell

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Yep! And isn't it just lolworthy that 80% of us are sensors???
Plus points for being INFP too :happy: You guys legitimately confuse me but are tight as hell
Yea i know lol. And thanks points to you too. You guys actually help me make sense xD

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I see this a lot. I have seen a metric fuckton of people not just wrongly score entj, but intj as well. Then there are other types that they score for various reasons. I should write a wrong mbti type profile for each type, and why people get that score instead. Its about what part of themselves they like, and don't like. For some reason, isfps are the type most likely to score something other than isfp. I once asked if isfps exist.. do they -ever- score isfp. I see a few healthy ones here that give me hope. Lol.

But yes.. many times its an istp or isfp who wants to be something that they perceive as more deep, more intelligent, more powerful, or just more unique. I have also noticed that its easier for isfps to convince themselves that they are something other than what they are. Why, I don't know. But, they end up taking the test, with their idealized self in mind, and the score comes out all wrong.

They also have these misconceptions about how ooooooo sexy, it must be, to be the big ol powerful NT. If they realized what sort of weight actually came with it, they would be very turned off. Its a -burden- to have these thoughts. It isn't a fucking image that we have fun with. Lucky for them, they get the novelty, and often the recognition from people who don't know any better, with none of the burden of actually being an NT. Heh.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a demonstrative with various uses-- usually pronoun and adjective, though sometimes it can be used as an adverb or conjunction.
The second part :tongue:
"Seriously though, I agree with you totally-- sometimes it is difficult to see where the NT nerdiness and social awkwardness kicks in for a lot of the advertised ENTJs."

The thought in itself was starting to interest me but I am not exactly sure what you meant just yet.

·
mafia mod
13,312 Posts
I think the test should be given to a person who knows you well. they could give an objective opinion. It would be interesting to see the differences in responses.
Others told me I was an ENTJ before I took the test, and challenged me to do so.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the test should be given to a person who knows you well. they could give an objective opinion. It would be interesting to see the differences in responses.
Others told me I was an ENTJ before I took the test, and challenged me to do so.
I get definite sensor vibes from you, or an intuitor whose first language is one other than english.

·
mafia mod
13,312 Posts
First language is English, but a speak a smattering of a few other languages. I am a poor writer though, good public speaker, but lousy writer.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
I am ENFJ, I'm too honest to lie on a test just to get something which sounds better to some...cuz honestly, I don't see why I'd want to be an ENTJ...then I'd lose all my cool points with people by being a completely logical and unfeeling jerk to them...least that's what I'm sure would happen with me if i was one of you guys...the power of logic is too great, so I'm going to keep being an irrational feeler, if you don't mind.

Keep up your evil good work plants thing....I'm sure that taking over the world thing will happen when the corporations start buying and selling people as commodities.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have noticed a few members of this board changing there type to entj, to fit there self conceived notions of being a leader. In the long run it is not worth the effort to try to correct these people, as I am still learning about MBTI myself, and prefer to spend my energy on furthering my pursuits then to correct those that have mislabeled themselves for whatever reason they may have.

·
Registered
675 Posts
J'Accuse...!

I'm always up for a good witchhunt. I accuse Overthinker of being a perceiver, fn0rd of being an introvert, and Vanitas of being a sensor.

:crazy:

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
I am up to making everyone (part from the true few) of those INFP's see their real type. I don't see many ENTJ's around... to be honest.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I'm always up for a good witchhunt. I accuse Overthinker of being a perceiver, fn0rd of being an introvert, and Vanitas of being a sensor.

:crazy:
Hm. You seem more sensor-like than any of them. Hee hee jk!1

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.