Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After the Joshua vs. Klitschko fight, unusually for an INTJ I have become interested in boxing. The sport has produced a few interesting characters to say the least. Anybody want to try and type some of its old and new faces? I've made a preliminary list of some I have watched interviews with and had a go myself:

Muhammed Ali: ENFJ
George Foreman: ESFP
Mike Tyson: ESFP
Evander Holyfield: ISTP
Lennox Lewis: INTJ
Wladimir Klitschko: ENTJ
Tyson Fury: ESTP
Anthony Joshua: ESFJ
Manny Pacquiao: ISFP
Floyd Mayweather Jnr: ESTP

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love that you see Lewis as an INTJ. He's always correcting people in interviews for poor grammar and pronunciation lol, and he was a very cerebral boxer. Guillermo Rigondeaux could be another INTJ.
I mostly agree with your list, although I think Ali was an Fi user, so I'd maybe put him as an ENTJ.

Here are some picks I'm confident about:
Canelo Alvarez ISXP
Gennady Golovkin ISTJ
Miguel Cotto XSFP
Andre Ward INFP

123 Posts
No way is Joshua a sensor after watching a few interviews of him
INFJ, IEI in socionics most likely
Fury : either ISTP or ENTP
I would've thought Lewis would be XNFP but INTJ makes sense

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Muhammed Ali: ESFP
Mike Tyson: ESXP
Roberto Durán: ESTP
Rocky Marciano: ESFP
Evander Holyfield: ISTJ
Lennox Lewis: XSFP
Wladimir Klitschko: INTJ
Tyson Fury: ESTP
Anthony Joshua: XSFX
Manny Pacquiao: ISFP or ESTP
Floyd Mayweather Jnr: ESFP
Joe Frazier: ESFJ
Roy Jones Jr: ENFJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boxers with dominant intuition... Haha. Seriously...
LOL Anybody here actually fight?? I'm an upcoming amatuer boxer, 3-1 record. Intuition is of great importance, and it is a must have in fighting. No professional fighter will ever say they are driven by emotion when fighting. That's how you get ktfo. So if any of you listed a fighter as an emotion- based personality type, you're most likely way off the mark. Intuition is needed for reading your opponents movement, almost like predicting their most probable movements, strategies, and for seeking out weaknesses, as well as strengths. Fighters use intuition everytime they step in the ring. Hell, everytime they train.

-Sincerely, an Intj

·
Registered
INTJ
421 Posts
The fact that you guys are giving Mike Tyson Se dominant is very confusing. The guy is a reclusive pigeon collector who got into boxing because he was bullied as far as I understand.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
ali and frazier were the only boxers i ever paid attention to. i watched a lot of interviews with both of them and i noticed began to irritate me the same way entps irritate me: too trolly to waste any mental time on.

frazier idk. i really liked frazier, but the only type-based resonance i noticed was he held a hurt-feelings grudge in the same kind of way i've seen isfps holding grudges. could be other types i don't have much exposure to who do the same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts