Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
i guess this kind of explains why i always wanted to be gandalf in the lotr playstation games, lol

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,074 Posts
I googled these two and saw in a couple of places that they were ENFJ. I am stumped now. Where are all the ENFJ fictional characters? and why couldn't Elizabeth Bennett be ENFJ? :sad:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I googled these two and saw in a couple of places that they were ENFJ. I am stumped now. Where are all the ENFJ fictional characters? and why couldn't Elizabeth Bennett be ENFJ? :sad:
Heh, the opinions of the internet. I've seen some really wacky ones.

I suppose if you look at them from a certain perspective, those characters could be ENFJs. INFJs and ENFJs are a lot alike when well developed, and ENFJs have a lot of ESTP traits, especially when well developed. We all have the Ni, Fe, Se, and Ti elements.

I see Amidala as an INFJ because she's not expressive enough to be an ENFJ. She keeps things to herself and only speaks when necessary in most cases. Sure, she has our compassion and insight, but she's more of a think then react person.

Kirk has such an obvious ESTP it's not funny. In almost every instance when the two are in question, Kirk chooses Se over Fe. He cares about the ship, the mission, his crew, but he's a man of action first (Se), a man who thinks in terms of how things work second (Ti), and then one who is concerned with everyone else's feelings and expectations (Fe). Think about how often Kirk disregarded alien customs and even Star Fleet regulations. Lastly, Kirk had that insightful leap of logic (Ni) as a back seat driver that let's him somewhat follow Spock's INTJ-ness when he's having an Ni moment. And of course, since Kirk is an 'ideal' man, he's got well developed functions across the board.

But again, keep in mind that In all of these traits, you'll be seeing a lot of yourself, because as ENFJs, we have them too. We just have different preferences, and in times of stress it's not difficult for us to switch into an ESTP mode.

As for Elizabeth Bennett... I can't see her as anything other than an Fi user (though I've only seen the movies and haven't read the books). She wanted what she wanted and almost couldn't care less about social norms, and had no trouble sticking to her guns when everyone and everything she cared about said no. I kind of see her and Mr. Darcy as ESFP and INTJ, actually, especially after reading Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies, hehehe.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely!

I was going to add Lana from Smallville! She is a quintessential ENFJ!

And yeah, Bella is definitely another one!

I could definitely see Alfie, and I'd often thought that Hillary Swank was one of us, but now that I've met her I have no doubt.

As for Catwoman? Dunno... she's too self serving. Maybe the Halle Berry version? Megan Fox's character in Transformers? Yeah, I could see that, but definitely not in real life. Haven't seen the Hercules cartoon, so I can't comment there.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Oh no no no no Lana is NOT an ENFJ *Smallville expert*
Maybe in the first two-three seasons, though.

Belle though, I agree. My username used to be Belle (because of the Disney Princess lol) on an old forum, nice coincidence.

Any of Jude Law's characters can be invited into the ENFJ club because he's hot. : p I'll take his blue eyes any day of the week! And he has a great jawline. *daydreams*

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no no no no Lana is NOT an ENFJ *Smallville expert*
Maybe in the first two-three seasons, though.
I'm also quite a *Smallville expert*

Lana is without a doubt an ENFJ, through and through. The first five seasons were nothing but ENFJ, when the original creative team had such a clear vision of the character.

Even in season 6 and 7, everything she ever did was to protect others - especially Clark - even when it was something that seemed really bad (except that one time she ran off to paris, but come on, who wouldn't run off to Paris after high school when their boyfriend wouldn't stop being shady?).

Granted, I don't much hold any stock in the crazy tangents that happened on Smallville because of the writer's strike between season 7 and 8. As far as I'm concerned, seasons 8, 9 and 10 are a completely different spin off show with some of the same actors and characters - and the same name.

though this makes me want to derail and type the whole Smallville cast. :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm also quite a *Smallville expert*

Lana is without a doubt an ENFJ, through and through. The first five seasons were nothing but ENFJ, when the original creative team had such a clear vision of the character.

Even in season 6 and 7, everything she ever did was to protect others - especially Clark - even when it was something that seemed really bad (except that one time she ran off to paris, but come on, who wouldn't run off to Paris after high school when their boyfriend wouldn't stop being shady?).

Granted, I don't much hold any stock in the crazy tangents that happened on Smallville because of the writer's strike between season 7 and 8. As far as I'm concerned, seasons 8, 9 and 10 are a completely different spin off show with some of the same actors and characters - and the same name.

though this makes me want to derail and type the whole Smallville cast. :)

I HATE LANA. I really don't think she's an ENFJ, she's very manipulative and secretive, goes behind people's backs and cheated on Clark. Not a very ENFJ behavior. Or a very very unhealthy one. Oh no, a Clana fan on Personalitycafe *runs away holding "PRO LOIS" signs*
LOL

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I HATE LANA. I really don't think she's an ENFJ, she's very manipulative and secretive, goes behind people's backs and cheated on Clark. Not a very ENFJ behavior. Or a very very unhealthy one. Oh no, a Clana fan on Personalitycafe *runs away holding "PRO LOIS" signs*
LOL
Lana made a few mistakes, yes, but Clana was good for each other. A little forgiveness and it would be ideal. And you are aware of everything that Lana has been through on that show, right? I think we can afford her being a little 'unhealthy' from time to time. And the fact that she acts like an unhealthy ENFJ when she is unhealthy is even more proof that they wrote her well. Sorry that you don't want her in our camp, but she's one of us. I certainly don't want Jude Law in our camp, but I can see it more than a few roles.

Lois on the other hand is a nightmare of a human being (and I can't decide if it's the way Erica Durance plays her or the way the writers wrote her... probably both), and the thought that poor Clark might end up having to endure her for the rest of his life actually gives me anxiety. I can't imagine a worse fate, and the lack of on screen chemistry between the two of them honestly makes me uncomfortable to watch.

Strangely, based on the interviews and such that I've seen of Tom Welling, I've got my suspicions that he's an ENFJ in real life, even though Clark seems much more INFJ, possibly even ISFJ on that show (I guess an ENFJ playing an ISFJ character would come out INFJ-ish... hmm).

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Let's agree to disagree. Clark and Lana's relationship was immature and angsty, they just couldn't be happy for more than a minute. Oh well.. Who cares, because Lois and Clark are together now and they're not gonna break up a gazillion times like Clark and Lana did! If you like boring or manipulative characters, then fine, Lana is your gal (I still very much doubt she's an ENFJ). Personally, I think Lois kicks ass and is absolutely awesome.

Edited to add: I don't wanna engage in those stupid "shipper" wars because honestly, I enjoy the show the way it is, and I don't really care enough to defend myself.. eventually in the comics and all mythos, we know who Clark ends up with. If you're unsatisfied, don't watch the show. Some liked the early years, some the last ones, to each their own.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gandalf? :/
Clearly an extrovert led by his feelings, clearly an intuitive, and definitely a J. If you want to break it down, Gandalf knew pretty much everyone and was able to get along in any given group, quickly adapting to their cultural norms - so long as they did not offend his clear sense of "shoulds" or "us vs. them". He had that classic ENFJ chameleon ability. He was also a profoundly strong willed leader (Fe dominant + Se tertiary). Furthermore, Gandalf clearly had Ni (as opposed to Si) as his secondary. A flaming bad ass when it came down to the actual fighting part (tertiary Fe), and fascinated with how things work (inferior Ti) but there were plenty of instances where he chose Fe, Ni, or even Se ("it smells better this way") over Ti.

Contrary to popular belief, MBTI has little bearing on the potential for intelligence - only the manner in which it is prone to manifest. Yes, the smart character of a story can in fact be an ENFJ, as MBTI type is only an indication of how one's cognition manifests. I mean, how many times has an action hero been an INTJ since the Batman archetype was invented?

Sorry. Gandalf is ours.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let's agree to disagree. Clark and Lana's relationship was immature and angsty, they just couldn't be happy for more than a minute. Oh well.. Who cares, because Lois and Clark are together now and they're not gonna break up a gazillion times like Clark and Lana did! If you like boring or manipulative characters, then fine, Lana is your gal (I still very much doubt she's an ENFJ). Personally, I think Lois kicks ass and is absolutely awesome.

Edited to add: I don't wanna engage in those stupid "shipper" wars because honestly, I enjoy the show the way it is, and I don't really care enough to defend myself.. eventually in the comics and all mythos, we know who Clark ends up with. If you're unsatisfied, don't watch the show. Some liked the early years, some the last ones, to each their own.
Awww... you don't have to agree with me. :laughing: I still heart you! :laughing:

Besides, this way *I* get to date Lana, which is cool because I need a woman with powers like my own that rival those of a Kryptonian.
/superflex
/supersnicker

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Awww... you don't have to agree with me. :laughing: I still heart you! :laughing:

Besides, this way *I* get to date Lana, which is cool because I need a woman with powers like my own that rival those of a Kryptonian.
/superflex
/supersnicker
Aww here is the ENFJ spirit. I was expecting you to be upset at me, but I forgot that if I never hold grudges, you probably don't either! : )

I'll date Clark ;) Seriously I have the biggest crush on Tom Welling/Clark Kent. He's so... big! And romantic and his hair is soft looking. And his hands are huge. Mmmh. I'll stop now. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lana from Smallville is not an ENFJ. I'd say in the beginning she was an ISFP.

I don't really care what she became because really, it's her ridiculousness and the pedestal that Al/Miles put their Mary Sue that made this comics fan give up on Smallville. Come onto scans_daily and hear about the comic fans opinions of Smallville Lana. Hate does not quite hit it. But please, she's not an ENFJ.

1 - 20 of 382 Posts