Personality Cafe banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
She definitely shows off Si-Ne perceiving, she is a strong tertiary Ne user though... Not to mention she is a very down-to-earth woman, she dismissed her ENFP husbands meditation practice as something crazy people do just to paint a picture for you what I mean. But maybe you have seen more of her than I have...
I think I read an interview where she said she actually started practicing meditation because of Russell and found it incredible in making her calmer. So I think that shows off an enfj trait. we say we don't like something initially, but are easy to change our minds and embrace it completely.
However, I got her movie to try to confirm her enfjness and was disappointed that she rarely got to speak as much as I thought she would. She shared a lot, but I still feel she was holding back. haha. I guess that is an enfj thing too. I did see her Ti come out when she got super stressed and she was in the plane whining about "I thought I was supposed to have my day off"...something like that where she sounded rude which was unlike her. And I become uncharacteristically rude and critical too when super stressed, so I guess I see that in Katy as well.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Nelson Mandela
King David
Martin Luther King
Barrack Obama
Joe Biden
Tony Blair
Ralph Nader

Oprah
Morgan Freeman
Kate Winslet
Matt Leblanc
Tommy Lee Jones
Denzel Washington
Bono
Gene Hackman
Charlie Rose
Matthew McConaughey
Ben Stiller
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Dennis Hopper
Jeff Bridges
Cuba Gooding Jr
Louis CK
John Cusack

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think Dean Kamen is one. He's a real inspiration to me. In the sense that it's not enough to care, but one must also act. When I think "giver" he's the first one that comes to mind. He's probably best known for the Segway. What's probably less known is that the Segway was a means to an end. He saw someone having a really difficult time navigating the shopping isles, the transaction at the register and the street curb using a wheelchair. He felt for that person. He cared, and he cared about the problem, empathizing, understanding, and then invested a decade into solving it. And that's how the iBOT was born.

The problem was that after a decade of R & D, judging the size of the market, to get cost back, they would have to price the units along the lines of 100.000 dollars. But if you could make a lot of them, then the price of the individual parts would go down, and you could sell it cheaper. That's how the Segway came to be. It uses the technology they developed for the iBOT, uses it's parts, and because they managed to include another market that they hadn't originally planned for they are now able to sell one of these wheelchairs for closer to 20.000 dollars.

And that wasn't the only project he worked on in that time. There are his third world projects, but ... 20 years back now or more he started something called FIRST which has since grown to a ridiculous size. It's a bit like robot wars. Or as Bush senior called it, "Wow, it's like WWF,... but for smart people".

He saw the education crisis not as a problem with structure, an institutional problem that you could fix with money, but as a culture problem. "In a culture you get what you celebrate, and we're not celebrating the right role models." FIRST give kids a chance to meet role models and mentors that aren't movie or sport stars, but people who were passionate about what they learned in school, mentors from NASA, IMB, Lookhead, ect, and working with these people that have this genuine passion the kids find their own means for self respect, and learn that they can make real things with their own two hands that do things, that all it takes is a will. I don't have the numbers in my head, but I remember them being a dramatic improvement in terms of studying hard, going on to college, and especially for minorities and even more especially for girls who never thought that they had it in them to do science, or use power tools, because the culture says they're not good in it, or aren't supposed to.

And that's still not the coolest thing. Ok, it might be the coolest thing, but the next one is pretty darn cool, too :)

Now, usually a presentation like the link below is very technology and fact focused, but his never are. He's a very capable scientist and engineer, but what really seems to drive him are the concerns of people, not the technology. The technology is only a means to an end. The means through which he gives.

Maybe you could check it out and tell me if I'm way off base? :)

He doesn't seem very charismatic. His voice almost makes me want to sleep because he sounds almost bored, and I would think that if I didn't see his face lit with a smile every now and then.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I see none mention ex-frontman of My Chemical Romance, Gerard Way? At first i thought he was an INFP, but after watching some of his interviews, and reading stuffs, i got the vibe he's an ENFJ. Why? First, once he mentioned he and Mikey are similar except one being the introverted person, and he said he's the goofy one (so i assume he's an extroverted dominant). And somehow he got a composed gesture, and sassy and confident ( i think he's actually like this ever since he was a little boy?). And he started the band because he thought the impact to the world is bigger or something like that, i dun remember exactly what he said. Ughh i can only explain this for now :blushed:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Gerard way is awesome.

He stopped to use dark themes in his music because a girl or a guy I don't remember committed suicide so he changed everything :/

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I meant, explain how he's an ENFJ... you clearly just found this out from a website, without much careful thought.
I know what you meant, I was just making fun of you. To answer you're question when you listen to his interviews you can tell he has strong Fe and a lack of Se because of his lack of directness in his answers. Sensors oversimplify things and Initiatives over complicate things, they often ask him questions expecting a direct answer he gives a long and complicated answer. Ni is theoretical and over complicates things.

·
Registered
182 Posts
image.jpg [HR][/HR]I don't know if this person was mentioned previously in this thread ,
Seth Meyer obviously is ENFJ, I really love this adorable eye look, it's so cute :proud:

Attachments

61 - 78 of 78 Posts