Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know there is already a famous INFP thread but that one is very unorganised and I lost my patience reading through the arguments. So I created this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnLUye_zGCIrdHVlOEp4Mm5DSGpER3VrbWViZ2hvSnc

Now You can all add people to that list and argue on this thread and it will be all organised and pretty. I have made the document with Name, then argument type 1, 2 & 3 (The argument types are just other types people think that person could be... Example:

You might think Johnny Depp in an INFP. Add him on the list. BUT someone else might think he is an... ESFP so in the argument type they would put ESFP.

(Add more 'argument types' if you need to)

Its just a nice organised way to see which people are INFP and which ones COULD be INFP.

I have added some people to the list...

• [*=left]Homer (Greek author of 'the Iliad' and 'the Odyssey')
    [*=left]Tim Burton (Director/Filmaker)
    [*=left]Johnny Depp (Actor)
    [*=left]Kirt Cobain (Singer)
    [*=left]JK Rowling (Author)
    [*=left]Zooey Deschanel (Actress)
    [*=left]JRR Tolkien (Author)
    [*=left]Heath Ledger (Actor)
    [*=left]Jane Goodall (Conversationalist)
    [*=left]John Lennon (Singer)

So there we go, add to the list and argue with it :D Lets see what awesome people are INFP's!

(Should we Include fictional INFP's or not?)​

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
To name a few...

• H.P. Lovecraft
  • Vincent van Gogh
  • Neil Gaiman
  • George Orwell
  • Edgar Allen Poe
  • Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes creator)
  • Jim Morrison
  • Thom Yorke
  • Björk
  • Frank Lloyd Wright
  • J.D. Salinger

A lot of very talented artists - it is very inspiring to see, as an INFP. :)
I'm not sure any of these are INFPs, not that I know much about Bill Waterson. Lovecraft and van Gogh and Björk certainly seem like sensors to me. There is something J about Orwell. Maybe Poe and Morrison.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm not sure any of these are INFPs, not that I know much about Bill Waterson. Lovecraft and van Gogh and Björk certainly seem like sensors to me. There is something J about Orwell. Maybe Poe and Morrison.
Most of these were pulled from a source I had a while back, so I apologize if they aren't actually correct. The majority of them sound like INFPs to me, though.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Most of these were pulled from a source I had a while back, so I apologize if they aren't actually correct. The majority of them sound like INFPs to me, though.
No need to apologize. To my knowledge none of these people have actually been tested (certainly not those who died before 1962 or whenever the MBTI was first published). So it's just a matter of subjective impressions.

I found what probably is your source (Famous INFPs - CelebrityTypes.com). I think they have Robert Pattinson, Morrissey, Tim Burton, Ian Curtis, C. S. Lewis right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice idea to have an overview of famous infp's!

I added:

Soren Kierkegaard
William Blake
Virginia Woolf
Rainer Maria Rilke
Sylvia Plath
Anaïs Nin
Marcel Proust

(very encouraging indeed:)) Not sure if this is correctly though..When I read their books, I just feel very related to the way they think about the world

oh and of course, the cliché: William Shakespeare!

·
Registered
30 Posts
For me George Orwell is the most stereotypical example of an infp.. He's hypersensitive, highly idealistic, observant and introvert. Furthermore he has this classic infp-look in his eyes.

Thinking of Orwell makes me think of Henry David Thoreau, hardcore infp as well if you ask me:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm almost sure Björk and Van Gogh are INFPs. Read his diaries, read her lyrics or watch her videos.

Also, I think Björk somehow stands apart from the ISFP musical performers like Michael Jackson, Eminem or Bob Dylan. There's just something more weird, mystical, very Intuitive about her that I just can't explain. The way she dresses for exemple. It can be such a mess sometimes, her looks have certainly been weird but not always so successful - I personally find the sensory aesthetics to be more easily understandable, more fashionable, more easily becoming a huge fashion trend.

And then there's this video about her:

Also here's my I add to the list:

Janosch
Emily Dickinson
Emily Bronte
Albert Camus

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have heard, and really want to believe, that Ralph Waldo Emerson was an INFP. It makes sense because his essay on friendship has so many ideas in it that I've been trying to express my entire life. If you haven't read it, as an INFP, you really should. He's at least a kindred spirit.

Also, I agree with Van Gogh as an INFP. So many of his quotes sound so much like something an idealistic INFP would say.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts