Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think is an INTP or has INTP qualities? Live or dead, real or imagined, current or historical; any figure you find to be relevant will do. Did you learn about them before or after you learned about Myers-Briggs? How has that affected how you perceive them?

What do you think about typing fictional characters? What is your process for typing others?

I know that there has been a lot of debate about the legitimacy of typing fictional characters, and so I won't attempt to claim that those that I identify with are, indeed, INTPs. I will, however, say that many of them illustrate strong INTP qualities. I'm also (Socionics) ILI so it is likely that I would identify with some INTJs.

I mainly look at how closely they embody Ti Ne Si Fe

I'm only sharing figures that I have already had the opportunity to explore in the past and the reason why I am posting this is to discover some new things to explore in the future. I would be especially appreciative of any female figures that an INTP might identify with or find entertaining.

Characters/people that I have heard associated with INTP:
(I've italicised the ones that I identify with or particularly like)

Stephan Hawking

Albert Einstien

Charles Darwin

Richard Dawkins

Socrates

John Quincy Adams

House (House)

Bones <3 (Bones)

Ducky (NCIS)

Reid (Criminal Minds)

Charlie (Numb3rs)

Sheldon (Big Bang Theory)

Sherlock (Sherlock Holmes)
Billy (Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog)

Mr. Feeny (Boy Meets World)

Yoda (Star Wars)

Data (Star Trek)

Smaug (The Hobbit)

Arthur Weasley, Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)

Haymitch (Hunger Games)
Xavier (X-men)

Shikamaru (Naruto)

Mai (Avatar: the Last Airbender)

Daria (Daria)
Brain (Family Guy)

Zoidberg (Futurama)

Snoopy (Peanut)

Grim (Grim Adventures of Billie and Mandy)

Ferb (Phineas and Ferb)

Hiccup (How to Train Your Dragon)

Milo (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)

Some of these are probably spelled
wrong, but I think you get it.
Also, feel free to share whether of not you would agree with these classifications.
:kitteh:

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
L from Death Note.

Learned about him before MBTI.

It hasn't changed my perception of that character, when I first read the INTP descriptions and looked up a few characters that were referred to as INTPs, it was very fitting.

__

I usually type fictional characters based on behavioral stereotypes regarding certain combinations of letters or types in general. (Ex: SJs, FPs, TJs, etc.)

I'm not confident enough about my knowledge in functions, to use them as the basis of my attempts at typing fictional characters.

Reactions: CherryBl0550m

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm disappointed that I didn't get more replies...

A year later, and only 1 reply. lol

I was hoping to find more media outlets to obsess over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts