Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Frank Zappa, Jack White, George Harrison, Lou Reed, David Bowie. Or so it seems...
Yeah, I was always convinced that Jack White was INTP, especially after seeing the White Stripes doc "Under Great White Northern Lights."

David Bowie doesn't seem INTP to me, though. And after seeing the Scorsese documentary on George Harrison, I'm still somewhat unsure about him.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
and it seems like the folks that would fit under intp are usually put under intj or infp... and everybody is judging based on the sound of the music. Few seem to have officially taken the test. But I'm claiming Milemarker, Adam Goren, Jeff Magnum, half of those from at the drive in, maybe the vocalist from clann zu, chiasm, andrea echeverri (aterciopelados), diego sandrin, willy mason, tricky, thao nguyen, andrew bird, owen pallett, mcfrontalot, loney dear, emilie simon, miho hatori (cibo matto, gorillaz), cold, joan baez, johnny marr, pieter bourke, linda perry...

want to claim some others for intp creative independence? I know how to make wmd using only cat piss and a microwaved cd of tangerine dream... let's see them try to reclaim them. Well really all I need is the cat piss... and maybe one or two household items, but still.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
what else but an intp would think blowing smoke up an arse would pass for a music video?

if they're that famous or well known... I doubt anyone is going to claim they're an intp... lest they pull a Joni and go into seclusion... and only then if they don't get back on the radar again.

I think we're free to claim all the multi talented folks tho... creativity, multitasking, inability to focus on one instrument or career and a general irreverent attitude towards their fans.

It would probably be easier to give back a few bands to the other types.... those awful bands that should have never made even a blip on the radar that are just begging to be appropriately typed.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
You know reviewing multiple sites.... and it seems like nobody can agree on one... just one... reasonably well known musician or performer that's intp.

There's more of a consensus that Nick Drake might be... though infps are claiming all suicides and early deaths.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts