Socrates
Aristotle
Isaac Newton
Diane Lane
Dr. Susan Lewis

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, Dumbledore appeared detached a good percentage of the time, especially in relation to Harry. He seemed to act only after he had thought out the details beforehand. Also, he was prone to eccentricities such as wanting stockings for christmas or being very fond of lemon drops. I think the INTP description fits him nicely.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I always thought Enid from Ghost World is a classic example of an INTP girl.

Reactions: incorporeality

·
Registered
195 Posts
I always thought Enid from Ghost World is a classic example of an INTP girl.
I don't know it you can make a correct assessment by just looking at the movie, but that whole "going for the 1977 original punk rock look" is way too SP for me to consider her an INTP. She has some inclusive traits, that's true, but disrespect for authority, cynicism and an open mind doesn't conclude INTP. There are several types that have the traits she has (again only seen the movie not the comics, maybe she's different there, perhaps?). But I'd go with some SPish or INFP type. That's because at least I got 1 exclusive trait (proving non-INTP), the thing about changing her looks to fit a stereotypical look.

Anyway for some fictional characters (copy-pasted from another thread):

L from Death Note definitely.

Dr. House, will accept any challenges about the veracity of this statement.

Davis "the lone dissenter" at the start of the film from 12 angry men.

Daria.

The garbage man from Dilbert.

Those are those characters that show their personality enough to be able to make an accurate identification. Another ones that perhaps may be but not sure still are:

The King and Kuroro from Hunter X Hunter.

The girl (Hayley Stark) from Hard Candy.

And from the real life, nobody has said Copernicus!:proud:

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Socionics says JK Rowling is an INTP, and reading a short bio on Carl Jung he also strikes me as an INTP.
And then there's that kid from Peanuts. Linus something..

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't know it you can make a correct assessment by just looking at the movie, but that whole "going for the 1977 original punk rock look" is way too SP for me to consider her an INTP. She has some inclusive traits, that's true, but disrespect for authority, cynicism and an open mind doesn't conclude INTP. There are several types that have the traits she has (again only seen the movie not the comics, maybe she's different there, perhaps?). But I'd go with some SPish or INFP type. That's because at least I got 1 exclusive trait (proving non-INTP), the thing about changing her looks to fit a stereotypical look.
:
Dressing up like a particular stereotype is not an SP thing, tons of INTPs have a particular and unique style and love to reference things they consider interesting through wit because it shows they are knowledgeable. She is concerned with categories and systems, definitely lives in her own head, is perceived as cold and distant by her friends, does not understand her own feelings, has a giant crush on music, is prone to analytical thinking, her room is a huge mess, cant keep up with maintenance activities all of them very much INTP.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dressing up like a particular stereotype is not an SP thing, tons of INTPs have a particular and unique style
Mira encontré éste artículo en español hace mucho tiempo, me sorprendió que hubiera articulos de tan buena calidad en nuestro idioma, mira te paso la parte a la que me refiero cuando digo que es un razgo discriminante para los INTPs:

Son gente volcada en sus reflexiones sobre los por qué, los por qué no y sobre todo los para qué de las cosas. A menudo aislados en su mundo de búsqueda de las verdades y principios universales del contexto que los rodea. Piensan rápido, con claridad, y en los temas que les preocupan su concentración es intensa. Pueden llegar a ser muy tozudos en la defensa de sus verdades, que a menudo son distintas de las del resto, aunque nunca entran al trapo de ninguna discusión si ésta no les afecta de manera muy directa y personalmente. Prefieren la discreción en todo lo externo. Les aburre e impacienta ocuparse de cosas obvias y de verdades de Perogrullo; su interés es siempre la verdad que está más allá de las apariencias y lo evidente.
Aqui la liga

Having not read the comics but only the movie I'm going to ask for examples, sorry, I think I can check out if you reference the pages as a friend of mine has the comic(s?) and can check it out.

She is concerned with categories and systems,
Where? How?

definitely lives in her own head,
Introvert, agreed.

is perceived as cold and distant by her friends,
More like scornful and cynical than cold and distant I'd say. She actually gets emotional when talking about that they would never see some high school mate again upon graduation (I don't think he's a friend of her)

does not understand her own feelings,
Agreed.

has a giant crush on music,
Artistic, yeah.

is prone to analytical thinking,
Where? How?

her room is a huge mess, cant keep up with maintenance activities
P, agree.

I'm going to do something, copy-paste the traits similarminds.com assigns to each type and see how many traits we can find that applies to Enid from between INTP and INFP:

INFP
creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic
INTP
loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm

·
Registered
560 Posts
INTPs and INFPs have a few traits that overlap and sometimes, especially if the F/T function is more balanced, it can be difficult to discern. The reason I think Enid is INTP as opposed to INFP is because she does not possess, in my opinion, a strong set of moral values from which she perceives the world. The issue for her is not weather something is right or wrong, but rather how you can transform something stablished for something unexpected.

Enid is not as easily hurt by others nor does she understand feelings (others or her own) so she cant have a well developed Fi. She is analytical in her thoughts when she dissects the valet dictorian speech or the rappers show, when she says she likes Seymour because "he is the opposite of everything I dislike" or when she explains to Becca why that comedian strikes her fancy.

She is also cold and distant both with Seymour, Becca and her dad, and even on her best attempts to show her affection (like with Joshua or later on Seymour) she comes across as awkward at best. The fact that she says she will miss the dorkiest kid in her class could be both seen as a display of feeling (because INTPs are not robots afterall) or as a sort of ironic statement where she tries to challenge that which is expected of her.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
545 Posts
paris hilton:tongue:

1 - 20 of 985 Posts