941 - 960 of 985 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Many of the staff members at:

Pixar Animation Studios
Production I.G. Studios
Numerous Japanese Anime Studios
The Bande-Dessinee industry in France (i.e. Moebius, Herge, etc.)

The animation industry in Japan and the French comic book industry are are VERY NT and NF-centric

Where's the "proof of this phenomenon" you ask?

Simple, watch the Ghost in the Shell studio documentary (available on DVD, and you can probably see it on YouTube). Aside from making a large bulk of their animation on highly tech heavy computer software and hardware (even as far back as 1995), watch the part of that Documentary about how the animators/effects artists/layout artists drew the bullet holes in the gunfights. Getting the physics of of the props and layouts right is important to their staff. With the case of Prod I.G., the staff went so far as to visit a local firing range to shoot off firearms firsthand, PURELY so they could study the motion and physics (science) of how bullets and bullet holds affect concrete, so they could use as reference for the artwork they created. I found that particular element fascinating to watch! American studios other than Pixar tend to not go as far to incorporate realism into their production design, other than MAYBE Todd McFarlane Animation, Dreamworks SKG, and LucasFilm Animation (Star Wars: Clone Wars, another NT heavy show).

·
Registered
693 Posts
Has anyone seen this claim that Sherlock is an ISTP, not INTP? Everything INTP

I see where this person is getting at, but to me it seems that an ISTP would not be able to make the probabilistic connections between things like Sherlock does. One of Sherlock's key strengths is his strong intuition - his deductions are not merely "cause and effect" as the author of this post claims, but they include a certain intuition based on his general knowledge, past crimes, and likeliness of events. This leads me to think strong Ti and Ne - definitely INTP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Diophantine Yes, I definitely agree with you. I have always seen Sherlock as a strong INTP, and nothing else. He does have a strong sense of intuition. I believe the sensing part the website is talking about more comes from his deductions, where he observes everything around him using his senses. But, I am fairly sure Sherock uses his intuition more, like you said with recalling information, and just his knowledge in general is intuitive, making him an INTP.

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
Richard Dawkins despite his odd monopoly of science. Here's a quote that seems quintessential to a Ti dom and introvert in general.
Do you find that in writing books you’re better able to communicate your arguments than through other forms of media? It seems as though you may feel as though you’ve been misinterpreted other time by members of the media.
I think the written word is probably the best medium of communication because you have time to reflect, you have time to choose your words, to get your sentences exactly right. Whereas when you’re being interviewed, say, you have to talk on the fly, you have to improvise, you can change sentences around and they’re not exactly right.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
It's tough for me to share footage, without the risk of spoiling a show that I believe everyone should be watching.

Detective Sarah Linden, from AMC's The Killing, is the only (I repeat THE ONLY) realistic INTP female who I have ever seen in movies, or on television.

She's incredible to watch. Truly, if you are INTP female, watching this show should be on your list of priorities.

...Because I have whatever the female equivalent of a man-crush is, on her character.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Detective Sarah Linden, from AMC's The Killing, is the only (I repeat THE ONLY) realistic INTP female who I have ever seen in movies, or on television.

She's incredible to watch. Truly, if you are INTP female, watching this show should be on your list of priorities.

...Because I have whatever the female equivalent of a man-crush is, on her character.
Have you watched the original Danish version Forbrydelsen? While watching it I too thought "Sarah must be an INTP". I've also enjoyed the Danish / Swedish "Bridge" (Bron / Broen) that has an Aspie female as a lead character, though I think she may resemble more an INTJ type than INTP. Anyway, I have a female-man-whatever-crush on her character.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I know this isn't really one of those type X for me but I can't find one of those that aren't old as fuck so what do ya'll think this guy's type is:

[I didn't know where to put the question mark so I'm putting it here: ?]

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's tough for me to share footage, without the risk of spoiling a show that I believe everyone should be watching.

I like that show a lot. Hey I am just courious, what is Holder type, in your opinion ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I like that show a lot. Hey I am just courious, what is Holder type, in your opinion ? Thanks
I've actually thought a lot about this, TBH. I think for sure he's ENXX. I think most good detectives are intuitive, and I also think he likes and needs people. I'm inclined to say ENFP, but....what do you think? And have you seen all of the seasons/episodes? Cuz i'd hate to spoil anything by openly dissecting him...before you see the whole show.

I admit. I donno how to do the spoiler tag...

Hahah, oh shit. They created a special tag just for spoilers that's crazy!!! I guessed....

I think Holder is clearly a Feeler. I also think he is nowhere near J.

I might even call him an ESFP, if it weren't for his hyper-developed spidey senses.

But did you see the the final season? His vulnerability---his insecurity about being a dad---is so touching, I almost threw up watching the rest of his story-line play out. I mean, confessing to a murdered girl's mom that he's scared to be a dad? That he doesn't wanna fuck it up? He practically confesses it to everyone he meets! Talk about taboo.

Talk about a real man, a real human being right there. That. Was magical character development. Pure magic. Just 100% likability. Jesus I love Holder.

And so does Linden. Clearly. Anyway, the final season clinched it: I could finally peg her as INTP. I even cry and get scared the way that she does. That sort of hyperventilation of rage---a burst of uncontrolled emotion, followed almost instantly by absolute, zen-like calm.

That's how I roll. Ya heard?

Reactions: nemuk

·
Registered
685 Posts
Rowan Atkinson. I don't know why I'd never noticed that Mr.Bean is the perfect parody of an INTP, performed by an INTP.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've actually thought a lot about this, TBH. I think for sure he's ENXX. I think most good detectives are intuitive, and I also think he likes and needs people. I'm inclined to say ENFP, but....what do you think? And have you seen all of the seasons/episodes? Cuz i'd hate to spoil anything by openly dissecting him...before you see the whole show.

I admit. I donno how to do the spoiler tag...

Hahah, oh shit. They created a special tag just for spoilers that's crazy!!! I guessed....

I think Holder is clearly a Feeler. I also think he is nowhere near J.

I might even call him an ESFP, if it weren't for his hyper-developed spidey senses.

But did you see the the final season? His vulnerability---his insecurity about being a dad---is so touching, I almost threw up watching the rest of his story-line play out. I mean, confessing to a murdered girl's mom that he's scared to be a dad? That he doesn't wanna fuck it up? He practically confesses it to everyone he meets! Talk about taboo.

Talk about a real man, a real human being right there. That. Was magical character development. Pure magic. Just 100% likability. Jesus I love Holder.

And so does Linden. Clearly. Anyway, the final season clinched it: I could finally peg her as INTP. I even cry and get scared the way that she does. That sort of hyperventilation of rage---a burst of uncontrolled emotion, followed almost instantly by absolute, zen-like calm.

That's how I roll. Ya heard?

Wow, thanks for answering. I watch the whole four series. I realy enjoed it. I like the detectives characters. Must admit never before I have seen a woman role like this.

Definitely I see some INTP traits, maybe is coming from her difficult childhood but she seems way to sad and focused, what I mean I can't really see her as a perceiver. For sure she is IxTx. She can't have extroverted sensing that is for sure also, she lives in the past too much. Well I really could use some personality expert to put this whole speculations together and come up with an answer. What do You think, maybe she should be analyzed by functions or something ?

As for Holder he might be a feeler, but through the whole series I don't see him handling feelings very well. It is like not his thing, maybe the whole worrying about having a child was a poorly developed extroverted thinking ?

I was thinking he might be an ENTP ( but not the crazy inventor, I really don't like the labels of each personality type ).I like that he has all this made up rules, but doesn't really stick to them and he is generally a fun person to be with.

Both of them don't really care about an appearances and social norms witch fits to INTP and ENTP, they are highly unconventional and I really feel I can rely to that. I have never meet ENFP but aren't they very cheerful ? ( I hope You with me at that point as I have to tell You although I understand English very well, can't really put words from my head on paper, especially not in my native language). Also what is amazing to me that they act to each other in different way that they act through people around them. Like the are super team. You know the feeling when You just click with someone, but don't know why. It is very rare. It is very intuitive I think.

So the question about the types remains answered, maybe You have stumble upon a thread about this ?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Wow, thanks for answering. I watch the whole four series. I realy enjoed it. I like the detectives characters. Must admit never before I have seen a woman role like this.

Definitely I see some INTP traits, maybe is coming from her difficult childhood but she seems way to sad and focused, what I mean I can't really see her as a perceiver. For sure she is IxTx. She can't have extroverted sensing that is for sure also, she lives in the past too much. Well I really could use some personality expert to put this whole speculations together and come up with an answer. What do You think, maybe she should be analyzed by functions or something ?

As for Holder he might be a feeler, but through the whole series I don't see him handling feelings very well. It is like not his thing, maybe the whole worrying about having a child was a poorly developed extroverted thinking ?

I was thinking he might be an ENTP ( but not the crazy inventor, I really don't like the labels of each personality type ).I like that he has all this made up rules, but doesn't really stick to them and he is generally a fun person to be with.

Both of them don't really care about an appearances and social norms witch fits to INTP and ENTP, they are highly unconventional and I really feel I can rely to that. I have never meet ENFP but aren't they very cheerful ? ( I hope You with me at that point as I have to tell You although I understand English very well, can't really put words from my head on paper, especially not in my native language). Also what is amazing to me that they act to each other in different way that they act through people around them. Like the are super team. You know the feeling when You just click with someone, but don't know why. It is very rare. It is very intuitive I think.

So the question about the types remains answered, maybe You have stumble upon a thread about this ?
As far as I know, I'm the only one on PerC who has attempted to type Detective Linded. Maybe others have typed Holder, I donno...

Here's my feeling about good detectives: they must have impeccable instincts, and they must be capable of improvisation. I don't see either Linden or Holder as J's, bc they're "street cops"---neither one likes to follow the rules. They very easily riff off of each other, and follow their noses to the next lead, without skipping a beat.

That being said, Linden's tough childhood perhaps fits her into the profile of an imbalanced/underdeveloped/unhealthy INTP, but I think her behavior overall (her inability to commit...her intense, brooding, introverted thought-process...her inability to be emotionally vulnerable...her practically self-imposed isolation) reminds me a lot of Det. Rust Cohle, from True Detective. He has been typed as an unhealthy INTP, by the INTP community.

I think you're onto something with Holder, and I appreciate your insight---he makes up all of these rules for himself, but seems to lack the discipline to follow them. I think the last bit certainly proves he is more likely P, than J. There are also F-types who are inclined to Fe, rather than Fi. So that might be something to consider. Also, try to imagine an ENTP as a recovering addict---again, Holder is an unhealthy specimen, no matter what his type might be.

In lieu of their personal demons, it's difficult to type Linden or Holder with exceptional confidence. But I'm certainly enjoying the exercise!

Check this out...it seems pretty close to Holder's personality:
http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

Reactions: nemuk

·
Registered
72 Posts
one must think to himself seriously b4 making these claims

do I (intp) find myself naturally suited /skilled in the fields of this famous person?
do I exhibit an uncanny or even mild likeness to their observable behavior ?
am I capable of emulating this person's personality? could I do what they do?
am I often compared to this person by other people ?
do I sympathize with them on some deep personal level?
do I find myself gravitating towards the same activities/crafts as this person AND/OR exceed their abilities.. or even come close??

OR

do I just admire whoever it is Im talking about and wish I was like them?
"well im sure theyre an intp because uh um theyre quiet n thoughtful n shit......, well, I mean theyre innovative and competent..? hmm... well, Im not a sharp comedian, a convincing actor, an artist of any kind, I've never written a book.... but this guy is/has, and Im sure he's intp. and Im not really pursuing any of that shit now. i kinda just sit around and think about shit all day, never really doing anything, but Im sure I'll be inspired like this person someday. maybe its cause my Fe just hasnt kicked in yet or some shit..lol

idfk...jesus christ.. hes intp .. im intp.. I just know okay. im intp. everyone else is a fucking moron"

·
Registered
72 Posts
david bowie MUST be intp. he wrote that song about space !

im now gonna go paint my face, sing this album I wrote in character for some figurative alter-ego Ive made up (one of the many methods I use to outlet my undying passion for self-expression (must be that dominant Ti of mine!)), and perform it dramatically facing an audience of screaming fans while looking them dead in the eye with outstanding physical confidence. i was born for the stage!!

941 - 960 of 985 Posts