Personality Cafe banner

961 - 980 of 985 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've been wondering if someone could give me a hand here as I don't know about functions enough, but I *am* curious:

Ben Yahtzee Crowshaw
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/extra-punctuation/11859-If-You-Are-Going-to-Hate-on-a-Game-Company-Do-It-For-the-Right-R
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
I believe he might be INxP, but like I said, some more professional help would come in handy.

This guy might be one as well, but again, not sure. (He starts talking at about 23:10)

EDIT: Just figured that this is the famous INTP thread, not the one that does the actual typing. I guess I could still argue that I used the right thread considering they *might* be INTP?

·
Registered
147 Posts
France:

• Thomas Romain is pretty famous internationally, but yes, I suspect he's an IN*P. He studied engineering.
  • Savin Yeatman-Eiffel is probably an IN*P, probably more F than T because his writing is a pioneering animation screenwriter's (Leiji Matsumoto-influenced and inspired) depiction of emotions, particularly the tragic kind (I know he influenced a lot of my scripts)
  • Jean-Paul Sartre
  • Francois Schuiten
  • Enki Bilal
  • Alejandro Jodorowsky
  • Jean Giraud (Moebius)
Japan

• Range Murata (?)
  • Yoshitoshi ABe
  • Katsuhiro Otomo (?)
  • Rintaro
  • Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (T/F)
  • Shoji Kawamori
  • Countless Mecha Designers working in anime quasi anonymously...
  • Any Far Eastern artist obsessed with science and engineering and technology (in his interviews or work) could possibly be a closet-INTP.
  • Glen Murakami (Japanese-U.S. upbringing)
Anyone else noticing a pattern here? That France and Japan especially tend to not think in "smart OR spiritual" as much and instead think of it as "smart AND spiritual"? Must be all the healthy eating and mystical Shinto, Tao, Zen Buddhism...These COULD BE facts...

American (partial INTP genetics and potential):

I dunno. Les Claypool and Maynard James Keenan are genius musicians. But do we, or perhaps SHOULD we classify them as GENERAL geniuses or Artisan geniuses "exclusively"?
HP Lovecraft
Robert E. Howard

European

Michael Moorcock
Tolkien (T/F)
Leo Tolstoy (probably more F)
Lewis Carol (T/F)

Which brings up a lot of questions:

Is specialty genius general genius, and vice versa?
Should we view a genius in a niche field as a general genius?
Is there a difference?

I tend to unconsciously view and lump N's and T's from the IN*P spectrum together, as that element derives from my own temperament. I tend to project it on geniuses I see in the media. Feeling types can be geniuses too. Case in point Shakespeare, Tim Burton, and Thom Yorke.

Temperament is ALWAYS wide open to debate. It's not a Bible, not that the BIBLE is "perfect".

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Tiger in Tommy and the Tiger. Pherhaps Tommy too .. ? Seems extroverted, but have a fiction friend in the tiger, and avoid people. Have really many creative ideas aswell.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i've been wondering if someone could give me a hand here as i don't know about functions enough, but i *am* curious:

Ben yahtzee crowshaw
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/extra-punctuation/11859-if-you-are-going-to-hate-on-a-game-company-do-it-for-the-right-r
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
i believe he might be inxp, but like i said, some more professional help would come in handy.

this guy might be one as well, but again, not sure. (he starts talking at about 23:10)

edit: Just figured that this is the famous intp thread, not the one that does the actual typing. I guess i could still argue that i used the right thread considering they *might* be intp?
istp

·
Registered
584 Posts
Connor Jessup. Actor/Filmmaker. Just looking into his quotes and interviews and he strikes me instantly as INTP.

ISFP sidenote: he's kinda cute.

·
Banned
3,444 Posts
I think Tom Yates from House of Cards is INTP. His unconcerned social awkwardness is deeply familiar. And there's something about his depth and synthesis, the way he knows things he shouldn't.

My favourite, delivered deadpan, about a speech someone else wrote:

"Do you want it to be good, or do you want it to be yours?"

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm going to revive this thread to answer my thirst of knowledge. Sorry

I don't really want to read all 98 pages of this, but is there any "final" list that we have?

961 - 980 of 985 Posts