Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 225 Posts

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
I don't know about her type, but I liked her video about how to pretend you're good looking. "I like to use colors like black, because it says 'I'm a whore.'"

Also, I think Charlie Sheen might be the best ESTP ever. :tongue:

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
That would make sense. However, I've read ENTJ and ESTJ as well 'cause apparently he "planned" everything beforehand and lalalala.
Planned smlanned...I know he did that shit, but...we might plan things sometimes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wasn't Winston Churchill an ESTP? He was the first famous ESTP I knew of after learning my type. Plus he has a cigar type named after him, which is pretty freakin awesome! And a few others: Madonna, George S. Patton and John F. Kennedy. Sadly, I don't know enough about Patton to say one way or the other, but the others I totally believe are ESTPs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That would make sense. However, I've read ENTJ and ESTJ as well 'cause apparently he "planned" everything beforehand and lalalala.
Maybe this is just me, but I plan things all the time.... Or at least I think of possibility after possibility after possibility and just know what I'd do. Its like my brain is prepared for any number of possibilities and I just go with it. Most of the XXXJs I know would stress out at the thought of the plan not going right. Durden would be cool no matter what. Case in point, the scene when he jumps in the convertible and drives away. you can't plan that. It would be like he thought "oh, a free car" and jumped in. Or when he saves the chick from an O.D. He just kind of went with it. He wasn't a planner as much as he was just ready for anything!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Spike (BTVS)
Faith (BTVS)
Faith I totally agree with. But not Spike. Spike is very hard to pinpoint cos his character goes through so much development. He certainly seems ESTP when he first appears. But his pre-vamp human self, William, seems like an INFP or ISFP. One thing that remains consistent with Spike, though, is how much he's motivated by passion, by emotion. He's not a Thinker. As a human he was sensitive, sentimental and loving. As a vamp he's emotionally volatile, easily angered, passionate, jealous and constantly 'thinking' with his feelings. Almost everything he does is an act of passion!

I woudn't even say he's an Extrovert, though I'm less sure about this assessment than I am him being a Feeler. Generally he seems to dislike company, unless it's someone he's very close to, like Buffy or Drusilla. Overall I see him as a fragile ISFP, empowered by his vampirism, but ultimately still sensitive and insecure underneath.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Faith I totally agree with. But not Spike. Spike is very hard to pinpoint cos his character goes through so much development. He certainly seems ESTP when he first appears. But his pre-vamp human self, William, seems like an INFP or ISFP. One thing that remains consistent with Spike, though, is how much he's motivated by passion, by emotion. He's not a Thinker. As a human he was sensitive, sentimental and loving. As a vamp he's emotionally volatile, easily angered, passionate, jealous and constantly 'thinking' with his feelings. Almost everything he does is an act of passion!

I woudn't even say he's an Extrovert, though I'm less sure about this assessment than I am him being a Feeler. Generally he seems to dislike company, unless it's someone he's very close to, like Buffy or Drusilla. Overall I see him as a fragile ISFP, empowered by his vampirism, but ultimately still sensitive and insecure underneath.
I have always thought he was a sensitive ISTP. He sucks as being evil though, compared to Angelus, who is ENTJ. Maybe yes, he is ISFP, just Joss Whedon's way with metaphors. That is what Faith and Kendra were all about, showing the extremes of which way the slayer could go. So possibly Spike came along to prove some kind of point. I have no idea. The idea has just dawned on me.

If you have seen the last season of Angel, you can see that Angelus helped William become Spike. He was a nice guy, until Angelus drove him to be evil. All he wanted was eternal love with Drusilla.

Yeah, I am a Buffy nerd.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I have always thought he was a sensitive ISTP. He sucks as being evil though, compared to Angelus, who is ENTJ. Maybe yes, he is ISFP, just Joss Whedon's way with metaphors. That is what Faith and Kendra were all about, showing the extremes of which way the slayer could go. So possibly Spike came along to prove some kind of point. I have no idea. The idea has just dawned on me.

If you have seen the last season of Angel, you can see that Angelus helped William become Spike. He was a nice guy, until Angelus drove him to be evil. All he wanted was eternal love with Drusilla.

Yeah, I am a Buffy nerd.
I'm a massive Buffy nerd myself so you'll find no condemnation from me! :)

After "Fool For Love" I figured Spike for the sensitive I*FP type, typecast by those around them as weak and ineffectual because of their quiet and personal, heart-on-sleeve, idealised approach to life. It strikes me that I*FPs, once empowered, would do their best to counter the idea they were "weak and ineffectual" by perhaps overcompensating with a more extreme, brash, aggressive persona. I'm like that myself, to be perfectly honest. I saw Spike's punk attitude as him trying to shake of the shackles of how he was perceived in human life.

Yeah, it just seems like, even as a vamp, Spike was heavily motivated by his feelings. Like how he wanted to vamp his mum and take her with them cos of how much he loved her. He crafts himself a bad-ass persona and it works well for him... but through it all he can't ignore his feelings. When Drusilla breaks up with him he's a wreck. Despite him being a bad-ass villain (traditionally Thinker territory) nothing about Spike makes me think he uses Ti or Te. His little speech to Buffy and Angel in Season 3, about love "not being brains, people" rings of a Feeler and one who's very confident in his F-based decision-making.

21 - 40 of 225 Posts