Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with their job, interests, appearance, behavior or so

Do you know any interesting examples? For example a scientist who is an ISFP or an ISTJ who plays in a hardcore punk band

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
My ISTJ mom is a teacher and has received the Teacher of the Year honor several times.

Also, I'm an ENFJ with social anxiety =D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I don't have any fictional or famous example, but just some real life ones.

For example my mother, she is an ESFJ but can have a rather "cold" exterior; she is also very interested in astronomy and is great at physics.
Or my father, he is an ENTP but can get very emotional, expecially when weaker people are being mistreated, and he can say stuff such full of emotion that you wouldn't expect from someone with such an unemotional exterior.
Or I myself, I am an ENTP but I am very practical and decisive and can be really harsh when people are stupid or inefficient, to the point that I get mistyped as an ENTJ often.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I can be a tad sensitive to peoples emotions, and I can be quite sociable when I want to and people are not going to bore my brain out. Like, for example, talking about fingernails for 40 minutes straight.

HOW IN THE FUCK CAN YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING THAT!!!

I break a lot of stereotypes in my type, but none-the-less it matches up quite well. Stereotypes are only correct to a certain extent. :dry:

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
What kind of social anxiety or can you elaborate? im kinda interested, sorry bout that if its really aggravating
I don't know what type? I just have it, I guess. But for me it's different, because I don't experience social anxiety like most people do. I don't hide in my room and act super awkward and avoid people. I am constantly engaging with people, and I always feel better after I talk to people... But I get stressed out about stuff like phone calls, and I get super self conscious about how people perceive me, and I often emerge from interactions thinking "oh my gosh they must think I'm so weird I'm sure they hate me!"

I mean I don't have typical social anxiety. I love talking to people. People make me happy. I love giving presentations, I love making new friends, and I'm still that first person to approach someone new. I'm not afraid to approach anyone, generally. But my Fe sort of works against me (due, I think, to my being socially isolated and bullied growing up) and makes me hyper self conscious, and too aware of how my actions influence others, and concerned with what others think of me.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Oh, I know a lot of these

ENTP classmate 1 is far from funny or even humorous. ENTP classmate 2 appears quite introverted and emotional. ENTJ friend appears bubbly, sweet and spontaneous. ESTJ classmate 1 is lazy as hell. ESTJ classmate 2 is far from a good leader. 2 ESFJ friends aren't very popular or associate with a wide range of people. ISTJ classmate can be very flirty and romanticizes for example smoking. ENFJ friend can seem cold and can detach even from close friends easily.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
@BezoargDownTheirThroats Me? Fairly. ENTJ, ENFJ and ESFJs typed themselves and I agree, others I'm quite sure about and did it by cooperating with my ENTJ friend, we used functions to figure those out. But for example the ENTP with no sense of humor is a textbook case by all other aspects - those people just have some ... exceptional characteristics.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
No one here is actually answering the prompt!! Makes my uber-focused Ni explode X3

Fictional characters:
- Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer - ISTP who is shown to be extremely emotional
- Jim Gordon from Gotham - ISTJ who breaks more rules than he follows
- Morgana from Merlin (BBC) - Ruthless, sadistic ENFJ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts