Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This part of our collection focuses on famous quotes and quotations that are related to love, relationships, and marriage. We have tried to include famous quotes that are positive, romantic, and easy to understand. These famous quotes were coined by philosophers, famous poets, notable people in society, or are of biblical origin.

What a grand thing, to be loved!
What a grander thing still, to love!

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life:
that word is love.

You don't marry someone you can live with,
you marry the person who you cannot live without.

There is no remedy for love but to love more.

Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

·
Registered
387 Posts
"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
--Robert Heinlein

"It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
--Helen Keller

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."
--George Sand

"Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition."
--Alexander Smith

"Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love."
--Erich Fromm

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--Sam Keen

·
Registered
47 Posts
This are few of my favorites

"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
- H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Chessmaster Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower (1887-1956)

"Don't be so humble - you are not that great."
- Golda Meir (1898-1978) to a visiting diplomat

"His ignorance is encyclopedic"
- Abba Eban (1915-2002)

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
"...and we ourselves shall be loved for a while, and forgotten. But the love will have been enough; all those impulses of love return to the love that made them. Even memory is not necessary for love. There is a land of the living and a land of the dead, and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning."
--Thorton Wilder

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.
- Albert Einstein

Poetry is the spontaneous outflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origins from emotion recollected in tranquillity.
-William Wordsworth

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
- e.e. cummings

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
-edison

To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
-Lao Tzu

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
-Lao Tzu

The sage does not hoard. The more he helps others, the more he benefits himself, The more he gives to others, the more he gets himself. The Way of Heaven does one good but never does one harm. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete.
-Lao Tzu

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Peace cannot be achieved through violence,it can only be attained through understanding.

-Ralpho Waldo Emerson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts