Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess the type of the following and/or correct my guesses.

2Pac - ENFP
Immortal Technique - ENTP
DMX - ESFP
Eminem -
Vinnie Paz -
Game -
Lupe Fiasco - INTP
Nicki Minaj (lol) -
Jean Grae - ENTP
Tech N9ne -
Nas -
Guru -

I'd come up with more, but I doubt people here listen to much underground rap.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I'd maybe guess ISTP for Eminem (he seems to clearly be an Se user) although I don't know alot about him. I've seen 2Pac unanimously typed as an ENFP (also the Notorious Biggie). I'll add guesses for Kanye West (INFP) and Jay-Z (ENTP) who are pretty much the only hip-hop artists I know much of anything about personally.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I read a blog post elsewhere about Eminem being ISFP, and for most part that seems dead-on.

I tend to know more about the recorded output of the artists than the artists themselves.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Jean Grae - ENTP
This is what I was originally thinking (definitely Ne-dominant), but having seen a few interviews I'm starting to honestly believe she's an ENFP. Take this one for example:
Around the 6 minute mark she starts speaking very candidly about her internalized value system and drive for individuality, and she gets into some nice Te banter-humour with the interviewer around the 8:30 mark. She's also got more of a personal, comfy, arsty fashion sense typical of FP's.

As for Guru, I could see him as an Fe-dom. He made great eye-contact in interviews (at least when he wasn't wearing sunglasses) and had the trademark Fe-tattoos and Fe-rapper fashion-sense. He seemed to be a very articulate, comfortable and fluid speaker who did a great job directing his conversations back to his causes (Ni), not to mention that his lyrics had that same activist quality to them. I'll guess ENFJ.

Reactions: Poptart

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I was originally thinking (definitely Ne-dominant), but having seen a few interviews I'm starting to honestly believe she's an ENFP. Take this one for example:

Around the 6 minute mark she starts speaking very candidly about her internalized value system and drive for individuality, and she gets into some nice Te banter-humour with the interviewer around the 8:30 mark. She's also got more of a personal, comfy, arsty fashion sense typical of FP's.

As for Guru, I could see him as an Fe-dom. He made great eye-contact in interviews (at least when he wasn't wearing sunglasses) and had the trademark Fe-tattoos and Fe-rapper fashion-sense. He seemed to be a very articulate, comfortable and fluid speaker who did a great job directing his conversations back to his causes (Ni), not to mention that his lyrics had that same activist quality to them. I'll guess ENFJ.
Interesting about Jean Grae. I didn't suspect ENFP because I associated that with 2Pac and found JG to be more like Immortal Technique, using less emotional appeals in her music and more linguistic ability and abstract ideas. I guess that comes from Ne though which they both have, so, yeah, you are probably right now that I think about it. EDIT: And the way she always talks on Twitter about how to be a better version of yourself seems ENFP.

I can see ENFJ in Guru. Always having a message behind his lyrics (Fe) but not excessively wordy or metaphorical (Ni). The rest you said is on point. Also good to see someone else here appreciates the kind of music I do.

Reactions: Essay

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Interesting about Jean Grae. I didn't suspect ENFP because I associated that with 2Pac and found JG to be more like Immortal Technique, using less emotional appeals in her music and more linguistic ability and abstract ideas. I guess that comes from Ne though which they both have, so, yeah, you are probably right now that I think about it. EDIT: And the way she always talks on Twitter about how to be a better version of yourself seems ENFP.
I'm no expert on 2pac, but I do remember a lot of people pushing him as an INFJ and I never really questioned that. They can be the most extroverted of the introverts, after all. He always seems to have a reputation as an intuitive-dom though, eh? Man, I have to look into him one of these days....

I can see ENFJ in Guru. Always having a message behind his lyrics (Fe) but not excessively wordy or metaphorical (Ni). The rest you said is on point. Also good to see someone else here appreciates the kind of music I do.
What can I say? You hit me with one of my favourite buzzwords right from the start (underground rap). Listen at all to Blu?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Lupe Fiasco-INTP

I: He was described by his mother as quiet and a bit of loner as a child.
NT: he was called complex by his mother and he loved to read different types of books. He seems to have enjoyed learning.
P: This one's tricky so I'm just going to go off on what I observe about him.

Lupe Fiasco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: Kabosu and Poptart

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
why do you think Kanye is an ESFP? I though these people were nice...?
Kanye is probably an ENFP. F doesn't always play nice.

Eminem is probably ISFP, and Nicki seems pretty solidly ENTP from her interviews. Can't really say on the rest...

Reactions: Bel Esprit

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kanye is probably an ENFP. F doesn't always play nice.

Eminem is probably ISFP, and Nicki seems pretty solidly ENTP from her interviews. Can't really say on the rest...
Nicki Minaj = ENTP? She seems like the most superficial, surface person. I would guess ESFP -- but then again I have not seen her interviews.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Eminem seems like a thinker because he consciously tries not to show his emotions because he's afraid of appearing vulnerable.

He's definitely an ISFP, no question about it. ISTPs use Fe, which Eminem doesn't use at all.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm pretty sure Nicki Minaj has ESTP preferences. I've seen an interview of her, and she used just as much Se as the other ESxPs I know. After I while, you can just tell when someone uses dominant Se.

Reactions: Poptart and DJeter

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Eminem seems like a thinker because he consciously tries not to show his emotions because he's afraid of appearing vulnerable.

He's definitely an ISFP, no question about it. ISTPs use Fe, which Eminem doesn't use at all.
Yes, and his fictional character Slim Shady is very surely STP, no wonder people get confused about him.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes, and his fictional character Slim Shady is very surely STP, no wonder people get confused about him.
Very true.

Reactions: Inguz

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,568 Posts
I'm typin mah boy Em as INTP. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe INTJ. But I doubt it very seriously.

Reactions: CupcakesRDaBestBruv

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The Silm Shady character is probably more like some pure Se version of himself.... kind of reads ESTP, but that's not Eminem himself.

Still don't see Nicki as an obvious ESxP though.... she really doesn't seem as present as actual ESxP performers. I've seen almost a whole documentary on her though so I'm mainly going off of my impression of her from there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can't just say "Kanye is not an INFP.", especially if your only impression of INFPs are the pansy white guys you see in bookstores.. I'm an INFP and people have been calling me Kanye West since 7th grade (about 7 years now). Simply based off the way I look and act. And thats all you have from Kanye to be able to guess his type. The way he looks and acts.....One of the defining traits of an INFP is being easy-going until someone treads on your value system. Then becoming aggressive. We can definitely say that Kanye is very passionate about what he believes in. ....And you don't hear him making witty Ne jokes constantly in his conversation. He's always speaking about something thats close to the heart. Values. Beliefs. ....Not saying he IS an INFP, but you just said he isnt as if there was no way in hell he is one. ...It's a possibility.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts