Personality Cafe banner

Famous rappers

37K views 121 replies 39 participants last post by  Emis08 
#1 ·
Guess the type of the following and/or correct my guesses.

2Pac - ENFP
Immortal Technique - ENTP
DMX - ESFP
Eminem -
Vinnie Paz -
Game -
Lupe Fiasco - INTP
Nicki Minaj (lol) -
Jean Grae - ENTP
Tech N9ne -
Nas -
Guru -

I'd come up with more, but I doubt people here listen to much underground rap.

#2 ·
I'd maybe guess ISTP for Eminem (he seems to clearly be an Se user) although I don't know alot about him. I've seen 2Pac unanimously typed as an ENFP (also the Notorious Biggie). I'll add guesses for Kanye West (INFP) and Jay-Z (ENTP) who are pretty much the only hip-hop artists I know much of anything about personally.

#4 ·
Jean Grae - ENTP
This is what I was originally thinking (definitely Ne-dominant), but having seen a few interviews I'm starting to honestly believe she's an ENFP. Take this one for example:
Around the 6 minute mark she starts speaking very candidly about her internalized value system and drive for individuality, and she gets into some nice Te banter-humour with the interviewer around the 8:30 mark. She's also got more of a personal, comfy, arsty fashion sense typical of FP's.

As for Guru, I could see him as an Fe-dom. He made great eye-contact in interviews (at least when he wasn't wearing sunglasses) and had the trademark Fe-tattoos and Fe-rapper fashion-sense. He seemed to be a very articulate, comfortable and fluid speaker who did a great job directing his conversations back to his causes (Ni), not to mention that his lyrics had that same activist quality to them. I'll guess ENFJ.

Reactions: Poptart
#5 ·
This is what I was originally thinking (definitely Ne-dominant), but having seen a few interviews I'm starting to honestly believe she's an ENFP. Take this one for example:

Around the 6 minute mark she starts speaking very candidly about her internalized value system and drive for individuality, and she gets into some nice Te banter-humour with the interviewer around the 8:30 mark. She's also got more of a personal, comfy, arsty fashion sense typical of FP's.

As for Guru, I could see him as an Fe-dom. He made great eye-contact in interviews (at least when he wasn't wearing sunglasses) and had the trademark Fe-tattoos and Fe-rapper fashion-sense. He seemed to be a very articulate, comfortable and fluid speaker who did a great job directing his conversations back to his causes (Ni), not to mention that his lyrics had that same activist quality to them. I'll guess ENFJ.
Interesting about Jean Grae. I didn't suspect ENFP because I associated that with 2Pac and found JG to be more like Immortal Technique, using less emotional appeals in her music and more linguistic ability and abstract ideas. I guess that comes from Ne though which they both have, so, yeah, you are probably right now that I think about it. EDIT: And the way she always talks on Twitter about how to be a better version of yourself seems ENFP.

I can see ENFJ in Guru. Always having a message behind his lyrics (Fe) but not excessively wordy or metaphorical (Ni). The rest you said is on point. Also good to see someone else here appreciates the kind of music I do.

Reactions: Essay
#9 ·
Lupe Fiasco-INTP

I: He was described by his mother as quiet and a bit of loner as a child.
NT: he was called complex by his mother and he loved to read different types of books. He seems to have enjoyed learning.
P: This one's tricky so I'm just going to go off on what I observe about him.

Lupe Fiasco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: Kabosu and Poptart
#23 ·
Lupe Fiasco-INTP

I: He was described by his mother as quiet and a bit of loner as a child.
NT: he was called complex by his mother and he loved to read different types of books. He seems to have enjoyed learning.
P: This one's tricky so I'm just going to go off on what I observe about him.
I had never heard of him before... but after reading his wikipedia, his anti-american views make me think hes an ungrateful piece of s**t that doesnt deserve to be typed. IMO... sorry to rant

#13 ·
Eminem seems like a thinker because he consciously tries not to show his emotions because he's afraid of appearing vulnerable.

He's definitely an ISFP, no question about it. ISTPs use Fe, which Eminem doesn't use at all.

#14 ·
I'm pretty sure Nicki Minaj has ESTP preferences. I've seen an interview of her, and she used just as much Se as the other ESxPs I know. After I while, you can just tell when someone uses dominant Se.

Reactions: Poptart and DJeter
#20 ·
You can't just say "Kanye is not an INFP.", especially if your only impression of INFPs are the pansy white guys you see in bookstores.. I'm an INFP and people have been calling me Kanye West since 7th grade (about 7 years now). Simply based off the way I look and act. And thats all you have from Kanye to be able to guess his type. The way he looks and acts.....One of the defining traits of an INFP is being easy-going until someone treads on your value system. Then becoming aggressive. We can definitely say that Kanye is very passionate about what he believes in. ....And you don't hear him making witty Ne jokes constantly in his conversation. He's always speaking about something thats close to the heart. Values. Beliefs. ....Not saying he IS an INFP, but you just said he isnt as if there was no way in hell he is one. ...It's a possibility.

#24 ·
I think Kanye is ENFP, he thrives off continual external feedback, plus he seems to be display contradictory thoughts and behaviors, I'd expect an INFP to be more consistent and more self-contained than he is. He is just so open about his inner feelings and thoughts, reminds me of Tupac even though they are somewhat different(coming from different backgrounds and emphasizing different ethos).

Reactions: AmirCammok
#21 ·
We've had a couple of threads about some of these guys in the past.

Pretty much everybody agrees that Biggie Smalls is ISFP. I'd say Tupac is ENFP but if I remember correctly a lot of people think he is ENFJ. There were Kendrick Lamar and Aesop Rock threads too, maybe somebody can dig them up.

I wanna know what type we all think El-P is. Any suggestions?

#25 ·
Tupac-ENFP IMO.. There was ENFJ talk here.

l don't know why people see either INFP/ENFP for Kanye.

Fi-Yes. He reminds me of someone especially interested in self(cannot stress self enough) authenticity who is not exactly an originator, Lady Gaga does the same thing. l think she was typed as ISFP here which l would agree with.

l'm not a huge Kanye fan but with his early work, most people didn't realize he'd covered Daft Punk and a few others. Daft Punk's song seeming to be what earned him the title of ''creative''...

The Fi is strong, though. He's ISFJ on Celebritytypes, l see no Fe whatsoever.

#29 ·
*shrug* l will say that it's just something he and Lady Gaga seem to share in attitude that can't really be documented. l don't want to assign ''it'' to ISFP but she went underwent a sort of thing with first being typed ENTP/ENFP because of her EXTREME INNOVATION and later having that dissected more carefully.

S/N aside, it seems to be an Fi related quality, no?

#32 ·
Kanye West - ENFP 6w7

Jay-Z - xNTJ 3w4

Kid Cudi - INFP 6w7 or 4w3

Mac Miller - ESFJ 7w6

Eminem - INTJ 6w5 CP

Drake - ENFJ 2w3

Pharrell - INFJ 3w4 or 4w3

Tyler The Creator - ENFP 7w8

Lil Wayne - ENTP 7w8 w/ a 3w4 fix

Rick Ross - ESTP 3w4

A$ap Rocky - ESTP 3w4

Kendrick Lamar - ENFP 9w?

Schoolboy Q - ESFP 7w6

Chief Keef - ISTP

French Montana - ESFP

Nicki Minaj - ESFJ 3w2

Earl Sweatshirt - INTP

#33 ·
Kanye West - ENFP 6w7
Sounds about right, yeah.

Jay-Z - xNTJ 3w4
INTJ 8w9

Kid Cudi - INFP 6w7 or 4w3
ISFP 4w3

Mac Miller - ESFJ 7w6
I don't know anything about this guy.

Eminem - INTJ 6w5 CP
ISFP 6w5

Drake - ENFJ 2w3
ESFJ 3w2

Pharrell - INFJ 3w4 or 4w3
Not sure about him.

Tyler The Creator - ENFP 7w8
Agreed.

Lil Wayne - ENTP 7w8 w/ a 3w4 fix
ESTP 7w8

Rick Ross - ESTP 3w4
ISTJ 9w8

A$ap Rocky - ESTP 3w4
I have no idea.

Kendrick Lamar - ENFP 9w?
ISFJ 6w7

Schoolboy Q - ESFP 7w6
Another one I know nothing about.

Chief Keef - ISTP
Yeah.

French Montana - ESFP
I dunno.

Nicki Minaj - ESFJ 3w2
I have no idea but she definitely has Te and Fi. ESFP? ESTJ? ENFP? A definite 8w7 though.

Earl Sweatshirt - INTP
ISTP 5w4

#37 ·
Strangely, I feel like 4s are probably the least common type among rappers. Most "deep", emotional and introspective rappers are usually 6s. The only 4s in the realm of hip hop that I can think of are singers like Frank Ocean and The Weeknd, who are probably 4w5s. Kanye comes close to 4-ish creativity and abstractness, but he's too "raawwrrr!!" and brash to be a 4.

I'd imagine rap is a very limiting genre for 4s.

#38 ·
I always felt like Tupac was an INFP but had a strong E. If you watched his earlier interviews and his more personal ones he definitely seemed like it. Also, if you ever read his poetry. Tupac was a complete idealist. I feel like his more "thug" persona was a front or something he put up on the outside because really until he became caught up in Hip-Hop he always seemed more of a introvert than an extrovert.

Anyway
Eminem: ISFP
Jay-Z: INTJ
Kendrick Lamar: ISTP
Biggie: ESTJ
Kanye West: ESFP
J. Cole: INFP
Joey Bada$$ - ISTP
ScHoolboy Q - ESTJ
Ab-Soul - INTJ
Nas - ISTP
Big KRIT - INTP
Danny Brown - ESTP
Earl Sweatshirt -INFJ
Tyler the Creator - ENFP
Rakim - INTP
Black Thought - INFJ

#39 ·
As a long time fan of kanye i am here to tell you he is INFP

He is not at all extroverted hes actually quite shy, but since hes famous and powerful we get the idea he must be extroverted since he always shares his opinion

And hes definitely not S, hes actually quite aloof and has said numerous times in his rhymes that he has great ideas in his mind but he struggles to make them reality. Hes definitely an in the clouds thinker, actually id think if anyone had actually listened to his music they would easily find that he is Ni

Ok lemme give this a crack now

JayZ-ESTP
Rick Ross-ISTP
Eminem-ISTJ
Nas-ISTP
Ghostface Killah-ENTP (IDK much about his personality IRL but this is what im getting based on his music)
Mac Miller-INTP
Drake-INFJ(The protector hehe, AKA:Captain Save-A-Hoe :laughing:)
Lil B-INFP
J. Cole-INFP(iffy on this one)
Kendrick Lamar-ISTP

#43 · (Edited)
Jay Z- INTJ
Kanye West - INFJ
Eminem- INFP
Drake - ENFJ
Lil Wayne- ENTP
Earl Sweatshirt- INFP
Tyler, the Creator- ENFP
J.cole - INFJ
Joey Bada$$- ENFJ
Action Bronson- ESFJ

I can tell by some of your typing's that you guys have barely listened to these artist's and are probably judging them off their celebrity persona or a song or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.