Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a solemn and heavy heart that I must formally express a tentative farewell. I enjoyed the company of many members here and can cite countless discussions that were thoroughly engaging and thought provoking, and I'll always reflect upon these experiences with fondness. However, in light of a few private discussions it has been made explicitly clear that I am not welcome here, and it is out of respect for this unequivocal sentiment that I must publicly declare the tentative withdrawal of my participation here.

On top of the unwelcoming nature of these private conversations which openly called into question my "attitude" (while simultaneously neglecting to cite a single example to support such audacious questioning, I might add), part of the problem is also that there is a number of signature differences between this community and the one I was exiled from, and these signature differences are beginning to fester into nostalgia.

So with with that said, here are a few shout outs to members I'll especially miss:

@BranchMonkey
As the most popular member of the community I was exiled from (as measured by your ~70+ followers and the horde of people who openly expressed dismay when you said you were leaving), it really meant a lot to me when you told me that you and I were friends regardless of whether or not I actually accepted your friend request. This altruistic and selfless desire to help someone who is in distress, regardless of whether or not you even like the person who is in distress, speaks untold volumes about a character that very few people (me least of all) will ever likely obtain.

@Red Panda
As a young teenager I once separated ties with an individual after they confessed to me that animal sex made them soaking wet. In my defense, I was young, immature and profoundly ignorant of all the stimuli that were likely to produce such a reaction. After learning that this is a perfectly normal reaction for both you and all your friends that you've readily discussed animal sex with, I now can't help but wonder if it's too late for me to apologize to this individual for being so ignorant and short sighted during my youth.

Also, to all the smart, intelligent and thought provoking people on my friends list (and you too, @sylvirfoxx): rest assured I do not accept or give out friend requests lightly; a very deep and intricate selection process was factored into my decision before becoming very proud to have you on my friends list. And even with sylvirfoxx... it was always good to have a constant reminder for why the excessive consumption of diluted ethanol solutions shouldn't be considered a valid excuse for impulsive and/or reckless behavior.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,465 Posts
@Red Panda
As a young teenager I once separated ties with an individual after they confessed to me that animal sex made them soaking wet. In my defense, I was young, immature and profoundly ignorant of all the stimuli that were likely to produce such a reaction. After learning that this is a perfectly normal reaction for both you and all your friends that you've readily discussed animal sex with, I now can't help but wonder if it's too late for me to apologize to this individual for being so ignorant and short sighted during my youth.
owww no don't go :unsure:
u got a lot more to learn :hampster:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Also, to all the smart, intelligent and thought provoking people on my friends list (and you too, @sylvirfoxx): rest assured I do not accept or give out friend requests lightly; a very deep and intricate selection process was factored into my decision before becoming very proud to have you on my friends list. And even with sylvirfoxx... it was always good to have a constant reminder for why the excessive consumption of diluted ethanol solutions shouldn't be considered a valid excuse for impulsive and/or reckless behavior.
You're welcome. (I honestly don't remember the conversation in question right now. Lol.)

There is a time and place for forums - I've left plenty of them. Some of them just aren't a good fit.

Also, animal sex... what. In. The. World...

That's really messed up.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
16,577 Posts
@Deprecator

Why are you giving up? You're giving those pricks the satisfaction of knowing all they have to do is a little private intimidation and people like you will fold up like a cheap lawn chair. If you really want to show some balls, stick around and defy their expectations. A bully only has power if you give it to them. So don't. Get your ass back in the game and stop all this foolishness.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Are we supposed to leave when a small group of nobodies dislikes us?

·
Administrator
14,147 Posts
Locking the thread now because this really isn't what the subforum is supposed to be used for (talking about private correspondences with members who you felt made you feel unwelcome).

Best wishes and good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.