Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
what the blueman said. but it completely depends on my mood. although i love getting drunk and shit,i don't like clubs or bars. they never work out for me. rather stay holed up in an empty house with a few close friends and go psycho.thats party for me.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Slow.

When I was in elementary school, I was much quicker than my peers. But then, as my personality started to develop, I began to slow down and everything became tougher for me. I had no cognizance of what was happening to me, so I just assumed that I was stupid. I believed that for a long time, and subsequently spent many years wallowing depression and self-loathing.

Then, in the middle of a very painful time, I discovered MBTI. I realized that I didn't process information the same way as everyone else. That I'm not structured was not due to my laziness or lack of effort, but rather to my personality. And given that most academia is super structured for maximum efficiency, I predictably underperformed.

I realized that if I just had more time to focus and learn, I could achieve at the same level as most people. But prior to my knowledge of MBTI, my god I must have copied/pasted on a bunch of my papers thanks to a wicked combination of hermetic lifestyle, procrastination, depression, and unrealistic perfectionism. Looking back at college/grad school, I wish I had more time to make connections with people who could have helped me develop my unique learning skills instead of dilly dallying with homework all the time. Had I known how to deal with my weaknesses, I think my self-esteem and confidence would have been much higher. I would have benefited much more from a slower pace.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Kinda varies depending on my mood. Most of the time I'd like to take things slowly, but there are times where I'm really hyper. Ideally, I think I'd prefer to "make haste slowly".

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Slow, by far. I can never seem to keep up with the pace at which other people want to live.

I think part of it is just my true nature, part of it (currently) is related to my depression (thus I might live at a bit of faster pace if that weren't a factor -- though knowing myself, likely only slightly), and part of it is the fact that I grew up with parents who were much older than my friends' parents. My mum and dad were both in their 40s when I was born, my mum left work to care for me and my dad took early retirement when I was about eight; most of my life has been spent as a very introverted only child living with retirees, with very few close friends and not even any relatives my own age... and now at 27, that's really the only pace of life I know. I'm so out of sync with my peers that it's depressing at times, because I just don't relate the majority of the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
slow
but if I'm with my friends
I'm hyped up
unless its one on one time
then its mellowwwwwwwwww

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Slow around people. Slow when I am alone. Slow driving. Slow running. Slow eating. Slow drinking. Slow in the sack. Fast is pretty much only when I have skis on my feet whether I am going up or down.

·
Registered
287 Posts
"...it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

Slow.

Reactions: basementbugs
1 - 13 of 13 Posts