Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, so here's the deal. I met this girl (INTJ) about 8 months ago. We hung out, and very quickly created a sexual relationship. It was a mutual decision to keep it purely sexual. Keep it "as two adult human beings, enjoying each other's company". Nothing committed.
Needless to say, we found out she's pregnant. We have decided to keep the little girl (what a blessing =)), and focus most (if not all) of our spare energy on the child. We decided not to force a relationship between the two of us, as intimate/relationships should not be forced due to a baby. And neither should marriages. (these are just mutual beliefs, not trying to step on anyone else's toes)
ANYWAYS... The reason I'm posting this... Is because in an estimated 3 1/2 months, I'm going to be a father... And I'm scared as shit...
Any of you INFP fathers out there have any advice for me?
I'm open to hear ANY suggestions...

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Have you read any books on the subject? You know...taking care of babies? Also there are courses and stuff like that you can take with her (or so I imagine). I'd also ask help from INFP moms, not just dads.

I have one advice thou and this may come in handy later on. Don't make too many decisions for your kid, allow him/her to decide, the middle path is the best one not too controlling and not too lenient. :mellow: also reverse psychology, trying to understand and explaining things to kids so they understand "Why." works wonders.

I'm not a father. Eldest of the family thou (some experience raising my bro) bump bump.

I can also see into your future:~~~~ohh....sleep deprivation :p.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you read any books on the subject? You know...taking care of babies? Also there are courses and stuff like that you can take with her (or so I imagine). I'd also ask help from INFP moms, not just dads.

I have one advice thou and this may come in handy later on. Don't make too many decisions for your kid, allow him/her to decide, the middle path is the best one not too controlling and not too lenient. :mellow: also reverse psychology, trying to understand and explaining things to kids so they understand "Why." works wonders.

I'm not a father. Eldest of the family thou (some experience raising my bro) bump bump.

I can also see into your future:~~~~ohh....sleep deprivation :p.
I haven't read any books yet, though I plan to get my hands on some. And I like the advice you give. Some advice I received a little while ago is similar. They said to talk to the child, not as a baby/kid (Baby-talk, etc). Talk to the child as if they are small human beings (which they are). Use smaller vocabulary, but talk to them as an equal. And when you communicate with them, bring yourself to they're level (even physically, eye level). Sounds like good advice that I will take in and utilize.

Sleep-deprivation? Oh yeah, I'm effing stoked... haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts