·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Bleach.

Yeah deathnote is a given. A treat for the mind. Bleach though, is more like art, needs more interpretation and I relate more.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
The .Hack// series
Yu-gi-oh
Death Note
Baka and Test
Code Geass
Blood+
Trinity Blood
Cowboy Bepbop
Space Dandy (Not exactly sure why people disliked it)
Deadman Wonderland
Bleach (The manga is... well it's something at this point)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The .Hack// series
Yu-gi-oh
Death Note
Baka and Test
Code Geass
Blood+
Trinity Blood
Cowboy Bepbop
Space Dandy (Not exactly sure why people disliked it)
Deadman Wonderland
Bleach (The manga is... well it's something at this point)
You have some good ones in there. To add to the list, I would include:
Mirai Nikki
Uchuu Kyoudai
Samurai Champloo
Shinsekai Yori
Hataraku Maō-sama
Alice in Borderland (most survival animes like this one intrigue me)

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
You have some good ones in there. To add to the list, I would include:
Mirai Nikki
Uchuu Kyoudai
Samurai Champloo
Shinsekai Yori
Hataraku Maō-sama
Alice in Borderland (most survival animes like this one intrigue me)
I thought about watching Mirai Nikki and have actually watched Samurai Champloo. RIP Nujabes.

And to add on to that,
Samurai 7
Afro Samurai
Speed Grapher
Witchblade
Vandred (The plot drew me in)
Gokusen
Soul Eater (Just bought a SE shirt today / currently wearing it, now I just need more soul eater themed stuff)
Samurai Deeper Kyo (If the anime was not so badly budgeted... but otherwise, it's worth watching)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Been a while since I was more into anime, but I would reckon the oldies:
- Macross Zero (love the graphics) + macross was the first manga I grew up with
- Wind of Amnesia - the story just made sense.
- Orguss O2 - Always liked the graphics & story.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just watch some moe slice of life shit
Can't of anything in an anime that'd fit perfectly an INTP, since it's pretty subjective, but there is a trend among some INTPs which include me as well.
Samurai Champloo - all time favorite. Great characters, soundtrack.
Cowboy Bebop - just below Samurai Champloo on... favoriteness (?). Same as Samurai Champloo, and with a more consistent plot.
Steins;Gate - Same level of favoriteness as Bebop. Freaking awesome plot and handful of good characters. Not an interesting soundtrack, but the opening and ending make up for it.
Psycho-Pass - 11/10 plot concept. 11/10 antagonist. 11/10 second protagonist (Kougami). 9/10 protagonist. Period.
Serial Experiments Lain - This has an interesting plot concept, but not so good characters and continuity of the series (I mean the way the series progress its plot). The characters seems way too much bland and the plot happens in an overly random fashion.
Hyouka - apart from the mediocre puzzles the show gives, and the unnecessary dick-sucking the main character receives, it's a good show. Great characters.
Baccano! - this is a hard one. I don't know if the chronological jumps is the heart of this anime, or if it was completely unnecessary for the plot to be good as it was, but this is a great show. Awesome characters.
Durarara!! - ridiculously awesome characters and soundtrack, many plot twists, although the ending could be better.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - only shounen I watched/watch. Great comedy show with awesome characters and some ridiculously epic funny moments throughout the series.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
So far I've just watched
Death note
Code Geass
Attack on Titan
Full Metal
Dragon Ball Chi

They're all amazing except full metal.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Here's a few that I've watched

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Watched this as a teenager. The first "serious" anime I watched. (Pokemon is an anime too, you know.) It was a good venting channel for my teenager frustrations. I find the story interesting but the main characters can be a bit.. Shallow at times.

Bleach

Followed this as a high schooler. It had an overall positive vibe which I liked. Plus, I had a virtual crush on Orihime Inoue :tongue:
But due time the plot took sort of a "You're a ninja, Harry"-type of twist which I didn't like and I eventually stopped watching it. But give it a go if you'd like a series with a vibrancy to that of a young adult, full of positive hopes towards the future.

Full Metal Alchemist

Another series which I watched as a high schooler. I don't really know what to say about this one.. It is a good anime series, but I find it hard to describe what is good about it.. I do like how it tells the story of two brothers with a difficult background.

I remember speaking about anime films with an acquaintance of mine (around 18 or 19. an anime freak, like he has a huge digital library of anime at his disposal) to a woman (30. An INxP, I think.) who had never seen anime films before.

Him: Have you seen Princess Mononoke?

Her: No? I've never seen anime films.

Him: You should watch it. It's really gross and the ending is bizarre but you'd like it!

Her: Um...
Me: (Well you found definitely the words to get her interested :laughing:)

... It's an anime film with a heroine woman and an environmentalist message.

Her. Okay.

Him: Ooh! And My Neighbor Totoro! There's a bunch of kids in it and crazy things happening all the time. And then, suddenly, *BAM* a plot twist!

Her: ...

Me: It's a story about childhood imagination and optivism.

Her: These anime films do sound interesting. I should watch them sometime.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just watch some moe slice of life shit
Can't of anything in an anime that'd fit perfectly an INTP, since it's pretty subjective, but there is a trend among some INTPs which include me as well.
Samurai Champloo - all time favorite. Great characters, soundtrack.
Cowboy Bebop - just below Samurai Champloo on... favoriteness (?). Same as Samurai Champloo, and with a more consistent plot.
Steins;Gate - Same level of favoriteness as Bebop. Freaking awesome plot and handful of good characters. Not an interesting soundtrack, but the opening and ending make up for it.
Psycho-Pass - 11/10 plot concept. 11/10 antagonist. 11/10 second protagonist (Kougami). 9/10 protagonist. Period.
Serial Experiments Lain - This has an interesting plot concept, but not so good characters and continuity of the series (I mean the way the series progress its plot). The characters seems way too much bland and the plot happens in an overly random fashion.
Hyouka - apart from the mediocre puzzles the show gives, and the unnecessary dick-sucking the main character receives, it's a good show. Great characters.
Baccano! - this is a hard one. I don't know if the chronological jumps is the heart of this anime, or if it was completely unnecessary for the plot to be good as it was, but this is a great show. Awesome characters.
Durarara!! - ridiculously awesome characters and soundtrack, many plot twists, although the ending could be better.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - only shounen I watched/watch. Great comedy show with awesome characters and some ridiculously epic funny moments throughout the series.
Don't kill me, but I've never understood Durarara!! It doesn't really have a plot and is just pure randomness jumping from character to character to scene to scene. I gave up on it midway. I tried it again and still gave up on it midway cause I just can't deal with its random pointlessness. Other than that, your list is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Him: Have you seen Princess Mononoke?

Her: No? I've never seen anime films.

Him: You should watch it. It's really gross and the ending is bizarre but you'd like it!

Her: Um...
Me: (Well you found definitely the words to get her interested :laughing:)

... It's an anime film with a heroine woman and an environmentalist message.

Her. Okay.

Him: Ooh! And My Neighbor Totoro! There's a bunch of kids in it and crazy things happening all the time. And then, suddenly, *BAM* a plot twist!

Her: ...

Me: It's a story about childhood imagination and optivism.

Her: These anime films do sound interesting. I should watch them sometime.
Hahaha, I'm more impressed with your conciseness as an INTP. Usually, my friends do the explaining and recommending.

Reactions: Space Ryder

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought about watching Mirai Nikki and have actually watched Samurai Champloo. RIP Nujabes.
Mirai Nikki is definitely worth watching. The girl is just crazy - and by crazy, I mean I've never seen anyone crazy like her before. There's none like her! Highly, highly recommend. And yes RIP Nujabes, his music is so good

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.