Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Albert Camus, Carl Sagan, J.K. Rowling, Matthew Stover, Douglas Adams, & Sylvia Plath.

Honorable mention goes to E.M. Forster. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Fiction: Douglas Adams, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Aldous Huxley, George Orwell, Philip K. Dick, William Vollmann, Jack London, Oscar Wilde

Non-fiction: Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins, Bertrand Russell, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Kwame Anthony Appiah, Henry David Thoreau, David Hume, Peter Singer, Voltaire.

*Note: The philosophers reflected in this list are not necessarily my favorites as philosophers, or my choices of those I consider most influential to me, but a combination of their influence on my thought with the pleasure of reading them. For example, while Gottlob Frege, G.E. Moore, Daniel Dennett, and many others are large influence on me, their works can be a little difficult. I include the works of authors like Wittgenstein because I like them both as philosophers and authors. The same goes for the scientists.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Haruki Murakami
He's known for "Norwegian Wood" but I like his writing because of "On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning"

And

Jeff Lindsay
Because of "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" and the sequals "Dearly Devoted Dexter" and "Dexter In The Dark" etc.

It's not that I have a.d.d. I just can't visualize imagery and sound through text, so it's difficult to read such. James Boswell's Life of Samuel Johnson and Charles Darwins literary is kind of easy to read though, I don't know why. And yes, I have to read it in English, I can't stand Norwegian.

·
Banned
166 Posts
Homer author of the two greatest epics of all time the Odyssey and the Iliad

·
Registered
15,756 Posts
I've lived a loooong life, read bunches & it doesn't get any better than this man, right here:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Laurell K. Hamilton Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter
JR Ward The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Christine Feehan the ''Dark'' series
Nora Roberts, Lori Foster, Karen Marie Moning.

I prefer reading in english.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Jacqueline Carey
Robin McKinley
Sharon Shinn
Patricia Briggs

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Cha. Cha. Cha.

Noam Chomsky, Hunter S. Thompson, Kurt Vonnegut, George Orwell, Bertrand Russell, Robert Anton Wilson, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and more!

Reactions: viva

·
Registered
15 Posts
J. K. Rowling - The Harry Potter series.
Michael Grant - The GONE novels.
Meg Cabot - The Mediator series.
Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus
+++++

1 - 16 of 16 Posts