Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
infp 4w3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what are your top 10 or 15 favorite bands?

I really like to discuss music and here are my favorite bands / artists.

1. Ladytron
2. Ozric Tentacles
3. Stereolab
4. Bluetech
5. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizards
6. Shpongle
7. Orbital
8. Madonna
9. Lady GaGa
10. Tool
11. Heilung
12. Astral Projection
13. Namie Amuro
14. Magic Sound Fabric
15. Beats Antique

There are others, but my favorite genres are synth pop, psybient, trance, space rock, nordic folk and Celtic stuff. All of that is really my jam.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
Not an INFP, but an INFJ. I LOVE music. Here's from my Last.fm list of most scrobbled artists:

1. Brand New
2. Depeche Mode
3. Arctic Monkeys
4. Bring Me The Horizon
5. Elliott Smith
6. The Cure
7. PJ Harvey
8. Queens of the Stone Age
9. Radiohead
10. The Who
11. Lana Del Rey
12. Taylor Swift
13. Alice in Chains
14. David Bowie
15. Kendrick Lamar

Edit: I only know one song from Ladytron, and it is "Destroy Everything You Touch".

·
Registered
infp 4w3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not an INFP, but an INFJ. I LOVE music. Here's from my Last.fm list of most scrobbled artists:

1. Brand New
2. Depeche Mode
3. Arctic Monkeys
4. Bring Me The Horizon
5. Elliott Smith
6. The Cure
7. PJ Harvey
8. Queens of the Stone Age
9. Radiohead
10. The Who
11. Lana Del Rey
12. Taylor Swift
13. Alice in Chains
14. David Bowie
15. Kendrick Lamar

Edit: I only know one song from Ladytron, and it is "Destroy Everything You Touch".

I like certain songs by some of those music artists and a lot of them I'm not that familiar with. But I love listening to music! I used to use last.fm back in the days! A lot of people compare Ladytron to Depeche Mode for the gritty sounding electro tunes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Fractalize
Vildhjarta
Humanity's Last Breath
Chelsea Grin (w/ Tom Barber)
Brand Of Sacrifice
Deftones
The Black Dahlia Murder
reg3n
After The Burial
Alice In Chains
Born Of Osiris
Meshuggah
Thy Art Is Murder
Within The Ruins
Revocation
Testament

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
I like certain songs by some of those music artists and a lot of them I'm not that familiar with. But I love listening to music! I used to use last.fm back in the days! A lot of people compare Ladytron to Depeche Mode for the gritty sounding electro tunes.
A lot of people associate electronic music with shallow activities and club dancing, but it can be so much more than that. I think Depeche Mode is a good example of electronic music taken to the next level - it has a lot of artistic depth. I image Ladytron is probably similar in this aspect.

·
Premium Member
15,241 Posts
I'll list ten:

1. The Boswell Sisters
  2. Shep Fields and His Rippling Rhythm
  3. Pierre Dørge's New Jungle Orchestra
  4. International Sweethearts of Rhythm
  5. Ivy Benson and Her All-Girl Band
  6. Lee Presson and the Nails
  7. Chopteeth
  8. Andy Kirk and His Twelve Clouds of Joy
  9. Darcy James Argue's Secret Society
  10. Count Basie Band

·
Registered
infp 4w3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lot of people associate electronic music with shallow activities and club dancing, but it can be so much more than that. I think Depeche Mode is a good example of electronic music taken to the next level - it has a lot of artistic depth. I image Ladytron is probably similar in this aspect.

I like a lot of dancey type of songs, but you are definitely right. I like a lot of the music artists with sounds that bring me to another world / dimension in my head. A lot of the Ladytron songs are really dance-y but also really creative and artistic imo.

My favorite Depeche Mode songs are Miles Away and Newborn. Newborn is a gorgeous tune. Somebody showed it to me like... 7 years ago.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey what are your top 10 or 15 favorite bands?

I really like to discuss music and here are my favorite bands / artists.

1. Ladytron
2. Ozric Tentacles
3. Stereolab
4. Bluetech
5. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizards
6. Shpongle
7. Orbital
8. Madonna
9. Lady GaGa
10. Tool
11. Heilung
12. Astral Projection
13. Namie Amuro
14. Magic Sound Fabric
15. Beats Antique

There are others, but my favorite genres are synth pop, psybient, trance, space rock, nordic folk and Celtic stuff. All of that is really my jam.
Ozric Tentacles, nice to see them get a shout, saw them a few times back in the day... were great live with the Fruit Salad psychedelic light show, and Eat Static for desert.

·
Registered
infp 4w3
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ozric Tentacles, nice to see them get a shout, saw them a few times back in the day... were great live with the Fruit Salad psychedelic light show, and Eat Static for desert.
Oh yeah! Eat Static is pretty good, too, and I like some of the Eat Static tunes. : D I think it's cool it's pretty much Ozric Tentacles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts