Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of ISFJs saying that they like to read, but not what they like to read.

What are some of your favorite books?

What genres and themes tend to draw you in?

Reactions: mp2

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fiction, whether adult or YA, is almost always my go-to genre. There's really no theme I avoid reading, as long as the description promises a compelling story. These books are just a few of my favorites: All the Light We Cannot See; The Things They Carried; Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom Duology; The Picture of Dorian Gray; We Are the Ants; Being Fishkill

I'm not drawn to much else unless the topic really interests me. Can't remember the last time I read a non-fiction book, but I have a few on my to-read list: In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin; And the Band Played On: Politics, People, and the AIDS Epidemic ; A Storm of Witchcraft: The Salem Trials and the American Experience

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I mostly read fiction. I'm a big fan of science fiction and I really like Kurt Vonnegut, Isaac Asimov, and Philip Dick. I also keep up with recent science fiction short stories every year. I also read a lot of poetry and like keeping up with recent poetry.

Other favorite authors: Aldous Huxley, William Faulkner, Christopher Moore, William Gibson, Douglas Adams, Carl Sagan, plenty of others.

I read some non-fiction, mostly true crime stories and politics/history.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I read mostly fiction. I very rarely pick up a nonfiction book, and when I do, it takes me forever to finish it, if I ever do.

I like mysteries, thrillers, suspense, that sort of thing. Harlan Coben is my current favorite. He does a great job at keeping it suspenseful, but he adds a touch of humor in the right places. His character development is phenomenal, as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Non-fiction only for me. I've been into Meditations by Marcus Aurelius for awhile now and it has been life changing. If you're into Stoicism or stoic philosophy, its one for the ages. Another book I've been reading recently is Mark Manson's The Subtle art of not giving a F*ck. Great read!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts