Votes: 3 6.8%
  • no one day stands out at all

Votes: 5 11.4%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a favorite day of the week? Why is it your favorite?

Though it can vary from week to week, in general I always love Fridays. On Fridays, there's this nice calmer feel; some of my favorite classes with my favorite people; I get to go home from the university in the afternoon and spend a nice evening with my family; the evenings just feel like they are meant for unwinding and taking a much need deep breath!

How about you?

·
Banned
15,562 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I love monday because it is the day I'm most motivated. It is just like a new fresh start. I would almost consider calling it a day of hope.
While Friday just feels like a day of corruption. It feels like I should be happy but I'm really not because I'm just looking at what I have reached in the week and recognize that I have failed. Then it seems like everyone is excited to have some fun, fun fun, fun, fun on the weekend while I don't.
And I also hate sundays but I can't really explain why. I just feel extremely suicidal on that day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Probably friday, because it's generally the most active day of the week. For still being a day of work/study while at the same time the beginning of the week-end and fun.

On the other hand, sunday is generally the most boring day of the week to me.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
On Fridays I go to sleep when the sun rises without the stress of not getting enough sleep and that's the best kind of liberty I personally enjoy.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Friday! Fun late nights, either at home in my room or going out into town. Monday I have Friday on my mind. Not the most original choice but hey, it's true!

Sundays are great too.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Fuck Monday-Thursday.

The problem with Friday is that you still have to do more or less the same things as on Monday-Thursday. While the future relief of Saturday makes Friday attractive, it doesn't change the fact that it by itself isn't much different than Monday-Thursday at all.

The problem with Sunday is that despite being a free day (which ironically is the etymology of Friday), it bears the dread of Monday. You can't really enjoy the freedom and pleasure as you can with Saturday with the thoughts of Monday in the back of your head.
Additionally, in Germany, as well as many countries probably, certain stores aren't allowed to be open on Sunday (for Christian reasons, called *Ruhetag* meaning "rest day"), which degrades the quality of Sunday as a free day, and gives Saturday a similar dread in regards to Sunday as Sunday has in regards to Monday, in the sense that one has to buy shit on Saturday before it's too late.

Saturday is the obvious best day by far.

Reactions: angelfish

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Because of the way the deposit to my bank works due to my work schedule, I get paid on Thursday for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday's work. So, that's my biggest paycheck of the week.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Friday and Saturday, always. Which one I like more at the moment depends on my classes/job schedule. Right now I prefer Saturdays. I feel like when I was a kid, I loved Tuesday or something strange like that... back when school was utopia, lol. :)

Saturday is the obvious best day by far.
Your reasoning is sound, my friend.

Reactions: Zeus

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This week, it's tomorrow (tuesday). Just depends who I get to spend time with!!

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
Wednesday because of the calmth.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Saturday. Best day in the week by far. Sunday the shops close early, it's too sleepy and the world is mostly hungover. But Saturday, you can lie in, have a lazy brunch, hang out with friends, cook glorious meals, go to the theatre, cinema etc. Basically, the world is your oyster on Saturday, and after that the oyster slams shut to herald a new week... Sigh.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,632 Posts
I mean, I like Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but those can also be very awful days where I'm not motivated at all and sit in a stupor until Monday when I'm forced to engage again. I like freedom for freedom's sake, but I don't make the most of it and end up feeling awful. I voted that no particular day stands out to me. Days are just days, and one can be my favorite day depending on my attitude.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts