Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE Dr. Seuss. My favorite Dr. Seuss books are The Lorax and The Sneetches. The Lorax has taught me more than about the environment; it has taught me not be selfish and to consider my surroundings.

What are some of your favorite Dr. Seuss books and why?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The Cat in the Hat, hands down :cool:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yertle the Turtle!!!
a hundred times over!

“And the turtles, of course…
All the turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe,
all creatures
should be.”

I can still hear my Grandfather's voice reading it to me.
Oh, Nostalgia.

I really think Dr. Suess is a super healthy thing for children to be exposed to.
Some of my favorite moments as a child were reading his books.

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,845 Posts
there's a wocket in my pocket! :D
i wanna wocket so i can put it in my pocket
also horton hears a who. and who could forget the grinch?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I really always thought the Sneetches was insightful in terms of human behavior. I saw this cartoon version as a kid and it just stayed with me forever...

And then when the non-star belly Sneetches go to get stars, the original star-bellied Sneetches have to set themselves apart by getting theirs removed.. because it was never really about the stars... it was always just about being exclusive, and marking themselves as superior with some random surface marker or trait.

Things I see and experience often bring this story back to my mind.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I didn't learn anything from it but I have loved The Lorax since I was very young. The message in it was something already important to me.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
My mom used to insist on reading me the Butter Battle Book whenever she would read to me. I would pick a different book and she would say, "How about the Butter Battle Book instead?" And mom usually got her way. It's not a bad book, it has a great moral, which is why my mom liked it. But I liked the more imaginative stories, personally.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The first book I remember my mom reading to me was "Yertle the Turtle". I loved that book! I kept begging her to read it to me again & again. More Dr. Seuss books followed after that. I guess I was about 3. Dr. Seuss understood kid's imaginations so well.

Reactions: ii V I

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Green Eggs & Ham and that's because I went out for breakfast as a kid once, ordered it, and swear I saw Dr. Suess walkin around outside of the window next to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts