Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is Ron weasleys brothers in Harry Potter, movies wouldn’t be the same without them. Who are your favorite movie bad guys?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lorne Malvo in the Fargo series is a wonderful villain and definitely seems like an ENTP.

The Joker is one of the greatest villains ever conceived and is (arguably) an ENTP.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
It has to be Magneto, right? Good and evil at the same time. Protector of his kind, well thought out, and willing to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Mine is Ron weasleys brothers in Harry Potter, movies wouldn’t be the same without them. Who are your favorite movie bad guys?
Thing number one: I guess that by "Ron Weasley's brothers" you mean Fred and George. They are far from being the bad guy.
Thing number two: Fred and George are not ENTPs, they're ESTPs.

This is clearly a muggle answer.

And I am my favourite bad guy

Reactions: grandpa2390

·
Registered
82 Posts
Incoming eleventy billion more replies saying it's the Joker. He's a popular guy.
(As for my own opinion, I have no idea lol)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thing number one: I guess that by "Ron Weasley's brothers" you mean Fred and George. They are far from being the bad guy.
Thing number two: Fred and George are not ENTPs, they're ESTPs.

This is clearly a muggle answer.

And I am my favourite bad guy
I have to disagree here. Fred and George are ENTPs. They're WAY too quick witted to be ESTP. And their quick wit is very quirky, not to mention sometimes they do things just to entertain themselves and they get lost in what they're doing a lot of the times. Plus they're trolls. I don't remember them ever being really aware about their surrounding environment in the immediate context. Sure they have all the secret passages memorized and know the castle better than Filch, but two ENTP brothers would definitely spend most nights for years trying to figure this stuff out. An ESTP would not really care all that much about secret passages.

I think another good question is: Is Voldemort an INTJ or an ENTJ?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Lorne Malvo in the Fargo series is a wonderful villain and definitely seems like an ENTP.

The Joker is one of the greatest villains ever conceived and is (arguably) an ENTP.
The Joker is definitely an ENTP. I have no idea why people think he's an ESTP. MAYBE the comic book version is an ESTP, but if we're talking about Ledger's Joker...total ENTP. Those philosophical rants he goes on would never come from an ESTP, and he has a very poetic like way of talking about things...like when he talks to Rachel about his "wife", or the mobster guy about his father. Also, the way he executes his plans is very Ne/Ti...it all seems so random and chaotic to other people, but it's all planned out in his head, in his own crazy way, and everything falls into place. He is able to connect that threatening A, B and C will ensure that D happens, and even if E does happen by some small chance, he has an F, a G and an H in store...somehow these all connect to I, which falls right into J and by viture makes K, L and M happen.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Joker is definitely an ENTP. I have no idea why people think he's an ESTP. MAYBE the comic book version is an ESTP, but if we're talking about Ledger's Joker...total ENTP. Those philosophical rants he goes on would never come from an ESTP, and he has a very poetic like way of talking about things...like when he talks to Rachel about his "wife", or the mobster guy about his father. Also, the way he executes his plans is very Ne/Ti...it all seems so random and chaotic to other people, but it's all planned out in his head, in his own crazy way, and everything falls into place. He is able to connect that threatening A, B and C will ensure that D happens, and even if E does happen by some small chance, he has an F, a G and an H in store...somehow these all connect to I, which falls right into J and by viture makes K, L and M happen.
I agree he has to be an N. I hadn't actually ever heard that some people thought he was an ESTP.

The amount of pre-planning he does for his schemes is really the only thing that makes me question typing him as an ENTP, but I agree that ENTP is by far the best guess.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I agree he has to be an N. I hadn't actually ever heard that some people thought he was an ESTP.

The amount of pre-planning he does for his schemes is really the only thing that makes me question typing him as an ENTP, but I agree that ENTP is by far the best guess.
ENTPs can plan like crazy for stuff that they're interested in/passionate about. I might slack with work, but when it comes to things I enjoy like working out, learning languages, and playing videogames, I always have plans in my head and on paper about my goals and whatnot.

He's a total P. Can you really see The Joker waking up every morning at 5, going to work, and coming home at 5 and having no issue with it? Can you see him judging other people? (I know he's a psychopath, but think about it...The Joker isn't the type to pass any kind of judgment on anyone...he might use it as a form of manipulation, but that's it. He could care less about who you are or what you like). Can you see him having a clean house where everything has a place?

The guy's a total perceiver. He takes in what's around him and builds off that to do his own thing when he wants to. He doesn't want to be a part of any "system" or routine. In fact, one can argue that his entire plan in TDK was about making Gotham an entire city of P hahaha. Think about it. He wanted to break down the system and cause chaos and get the people in on the action. He was a J's worst nightmare.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I think ENTP is the best choice for the joker but I think there are arguments for him to be an INTP. Not sure if this is true generally, but the INTPs I know tend to be a bit more thorough when it comes to planning than the ENTPs I know.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I love Q. I wouldn't call him a bad guy though. but I would agree he is not necessarily a good guy. at least not in the beginning. :)
That's why ENTPs are such good villains. Whether we're bad or not (which is sometimes murky), you can't help but love us.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts