Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite first sentence of a story and why?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
- Ladies and gentlemen... I've traveled over half our state to be here tonight. I couldn't get away sooner because my new well was coming in at Coyote Hills and I had to see about it. That well is now flowing at two thousand barrels and it's paying me an income of five thousand dollars a week. I have two others drilling and I have sixteen producing at Antelope. So, ladies and gentlemen... if I say I'm an oil man you will agree.

- Saigon

....shit.

-My Mother died of pneumonia when I was just a kid. My Father kept their wedding cake in the freezer for ten whole years. After the funeral he gave it to the yard man. He tried to act cheerful but he could never be consoled by the little stranger he found in his house. Then one day hoping to begin a new life away from the scene of all these memories he moved us from Texas to Port Dupree, South Dakota.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." David Copperfield is by far the most unusual character to me

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed."

It makes me want to write the story in my mind. No, not classic literature, or particularly prestigious...and fairly mainstream for that matter...but I don't care. I reserve the right to enjoy it venever the fahk I pleezuh.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind

·
Registered
821 Posts
"It was a dark and stormy night." A boring beginning to one of the most awesome books ever written, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

Reactions: Thu

·
Registered
121 Posts
"The morning after noted child prodigy Colin Singleton graduated from high school and got dumped for the nineteenth time by a girl named Katherine, he took a bath."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts