• Action RPG (Zelda, Secret of Mana)

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • RTS (Starcraft, Command & Conquer)

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • TBS (Civilization series)

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Sports (Madden)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Fighting (Street Figher, Tekken, Mortal Kombat)

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • MMORPG (Evercrack, WoW)

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Puzzle (Tetris)

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • God simulation (SimCity, Spore)

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • SRPG (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 10 12.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Most definitely RPG's. As a child I was a Pokemon lover, and played some Final Fantasy games. My favorite games now are the Fallout series. I find the whole idea of a post-apocalyptic society fascinating, and the developers did a great job giving a sense of reality to the gameplay with all of the books, but left out enough to keep you playing in order to find out what really happened.

·
Registered
284 Posts
And by the way, welcome! I see that you are new.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Dodo birds.

*too bad they're extinct. mankind will never know the taste of such game meat due to annihilating them before we could get our paws on them in this generation. we have to resort to turkey and tofurkey now. GG! *

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
mmorpg for teh win

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
No love for racing in that list? =( Ridge Racer? Rage Racer? Rad Racer? Gran Turismo? Need for Speed? Project Gotham?

No love either for shmups? Gradius? Touhou? R-Type? Mars Matrix? DoDan Pachi? Gaiares? Thunder Force? Metal Slug? Radiant Silvergun? Ikaruga? Sin and Punishment?

*BOOOOOOOOO!*

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No love for racing in that list? =( Ridge Racer? Rage Racer? Rad Racer? Gran Turismo? Need for Speed? Project Gotham?

No love either for shmups? Gradius? Touhou? R-Type? Mars Matrix? DoDan Pachi? Gaiares? Thunder Force? Metal Slug? Radiant Silvergun? Ikaruga? Sin and Punishment?

*BOOOOOOOOO!*
Racing can fall under sports, and shmups can fall under 8/16-bit action.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Some of my favourite childhood games were the Donkey Kong series on SNES, Pokemon and Illusion of Gaia (which I personally enjoyed more than Secret of Mana and the Zelda games).
Didn't care for the fighting parts but, easy - I'd just hand the controller to my ESFP brother until there's another village I get to peacefully explore.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dodo birds.

*too bad they're extinct. mankind will never know the taste of such game meat due to annihilating them before we could get our paws on them in this generation. we have to resort to turkey and tofurkey now. GG! *
If we can obtain their DNA from their remaining remains, we might finally know what they taste like. Once mammoths are brought back to life, I want to be the first person to eat mammoth steak.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I haven't done any gaming for a few years but Baldur's Gate/Torment,and the first 10 FF games all occupied way too much of my time.
Also if I logged into my WoW account and typed /played - I would become very depressed.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
I became depressed when I checked out my payment history.
6 years of Final Fantasy XI, two accounts, 8 mules, about $35/mo... so .... ~$2,520usd to Square Enix's pocket. And where did it get me in life? hmm... can't say much because I haven't met anyone in real life from it. Great times adventuring in a virtual world until I broke away from it.

I've seen footage of what i've been missing after I left... but no point in going back since most of the people I hung out with then have moved on playing other games and mmo's.... can't dedicate time to bounce around keeping in touch with everyone either. one game was enough juggling for me.

*Everyones' playing Redundant Reality 2012!!!! The gameplay is so lifelike and real! You get to work, play, and sleep in REAL TIME!*

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My favorite genre is the JRPG. Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger are my timeless classics. I am designing a scifi RPG, but I just need to actually finish that thing.
I played chrono trigger for the first time on the DS a few years ago, I really really enjoyed it. Do you know of any JRPGs with a similar emphasis placed on story ? Leveling the characters was relatively easy, I like that character management wasn’t a major part of the game, it usually bores me to tears.

Generally, I enjoy puzzle games with a story on the side. i.e. Portal 1 and 2, the monkey island series

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I put more hours into FF Tactics for the GBA than should be humanly allowed....oh, and you should definitely make a hunter class, let him learn his ultima move, and then turn him into a gunner. He can now shoot an ultima move all the way across the stage dealing 1 hit KO's. Yes...I still remember that.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
My favorite genre is DotA-style games, also known as MOBA (Massively Online Battle Arenas).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts