Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite characters from George RR Martins "A Song of Fire and Ice" series?

My favorite overall was Daenerys. I liked that she took her role as queen to mean she needed to look out for what was best for her people.

I also like Tyrion Lannister. He was funny, clever, and enjoyed reading books.

Next would have to be Jaime Lannister. Didn't like him at first but he grew on me. He did what needed to be done, and others judged him for it.

Toward the end, I also found myself liking Barristan Selmy. His sense of knighthood and honor. I always like the wise, old characters in books.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Am halfway the last book.

So far, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Brienne, Catelyn. In that order. I think once I finish the last book, I might rearrange. ^^;

"You know nothing, Jon Snow." :(

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think mine's Brienne.

I relate a lot to how she doesn't fit anywhere, but is still trying to mean something by doing the thing she's good at. The whole thing about her being in love with Renly because he was nice to her, and then her being held responsible for what happens to him, I also think is very beautiful, in a tragic kind of way of course. And she's probably the purest character in the series. She sincerely believes in the knightly ideals, and long after the person who gave her the assignment she pursues through most of A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows has died, and the entire continent has fallen deeply into war, she still unquestioningly continues her attempt to fulfill it. There really isn't any competition to me.

Haven't read A Dance with Dragons yet though, so ... scary. I doubt Martin wouldn't just get it over with if he was really going to kill her though.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Haven't read the books and I've seen only the first season of the show, but so far, Arya for sure. She reminds me of myself as a kid, though possibly a little braver than I ever was.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Wonder if she's an INFP? Or perhaps ISFP?
Pretty sure she's ISFP. Obvious Introverted Feeling, and well, all the knight stuff is very Extroverted Sensing. I actually don't think there are any INFP characters in A Song of Ice and Fire. I've seen Bran typed so, but I think he's ISFP as well. After all, before his fall, he was climbing, not reading books; and the enjoyment of the whole psychic business with animals I'd say is Se, even if the concept itself seems like a Ne invention, but that's on Martin's tab. I was actually talking with my INTJ friend long ago, about the unusual lack of INFPs that seem to be everywhere in fiction otherwise, and he suggested it's because we would die so fast. I don't know. Although hey, wait! I remember thinking Samwell Tarly is an INFP. Which I think he is too.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Well my opinion seems to change each episode, I'm reading the books too and they are a bit different.

As for the show:
1. Daenerys (who used to get on my nerves)
2. Tyrion
3. Edward Stark RIP

I don't like these personalities but I like to watch them on TV: Lord Tywin, Cercei, Bronn and the Hound.

Oh and Joffrey jk (can't wait until he dies...not a spoiler, but he's got to die sometime or I'll hate the show/books.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Bran! His chapters are fascinating and magical. I also love Meera and Jojen.

Others are Brienne, Varys, Sansa, and Arya and Tyrion... I'm only halfway through AFFC but I'm liking Doran really well. Asha's cool too. This series has really great characters.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Oh and Joffrey jk (can't wait until he dies...not a spoiler, but he's got to die sometime or I'll hate the show/books.
Both the show and the books made me want to twist his neck in varying directions and degrees many, many times. -.-

Also I realize I didn't write down Ygritte in my first post in this thread, but definitely one of my favorites as well.

Reactions: SweetPickles

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Arya, hands down
- she is a bad ass
- she doesn't care what anyone else thinks
- she's motivated by vengeance and freedom
- she's the most non political character in the show

second would probably be Bran

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Pretty sure she's ISFP. Obvious Introverted Feeling, and well, all the knight stuff is very Extroverted Sensing. I actually don't think there are any INFP characters in A Song of Ice and Fire. I've seen Bran typed so, but I think he's ISFP as well. After all, before his fall, he was climbing, not reading books; and the enjoyment of the whole psychic business with animals I'd say is Se, even if the concept itself seems like a Ne invention, but that's on Martin's tab. I was actually talking with my INTJ friend long ago, about the unusual lack of INFPs that seem to be everywhere in fiction otherwise, and he suggested it's because we would die so fast. I don't know. Although hey, wait! I remember thinking Samwell Tarly is an INFP. Which I think he is too.
I would say ISFP 7w8 Sx/Sp
Edit: wrong person, the above typing applies to Arya

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would say ISFP 7w8 Sx/Sp
Wow, really?

I'm not that good at telling people's enneatype, but I don't think she's a 7? She's not very upbeat or colorful, and now looking at a description, it says a 7 is worried about missing out on worthwile experiences, maintaining their freedom and happiness, as well as that they want to avoid and discharge pain. Brienne doesn't seem too worried about missing out on worthwhile experiences. She must have spent a lot of time training by herself, away from everyone and everything. Also, her happiness and freedom seem to come second to what she believes in. Finally, her choice of profession is not the one you do if you don't like pain. And even if one can sort of just fall into one, Brienne's is so unusual and unexpected for her, that it isn't quite like that.

I find myself, after considering 2 and 1, thinking in lines of type 6?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts