• Sega

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Atari

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Playstation I guess! c; It is also made in Japan which is a plus.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm assuming you mean "gaming platform" and not company, right? I went for Playstation too, since a lot of the best games I've ever played were Playstation-exclusive titles. Nintendo would come second for me since it has some of my long-time favourite series, The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem and Pokemon.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I went with Nintendo. A lot of my favorite games have been Playstation games, but in general Nintendo has come out with more games that I've been interested in.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with Nintendo. A lot of my favorite games have been Playstation games, but in general Nintendo has come out with more games that I've been interested in.
For me, I'm torn between them. I started on their beginning consoles. Still love both brands but I'm currently focused on getting the classic Nintendo, from NES-N64.

·
Read Only
375 Posts
Aww, no Sega love yet. I am obsessed with Legend of Zelda so of course I picked Nintendo. Although I love Sega and Playstation as well. Link, Sonic, & Crash Bandicoot, those were the days.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Except it's too expensive for a quality PC that beats this generation's consoles. Plus, using a mouse and keyboard is less efficient than a controller.
You can still use a controller on PC, and anyone with a job is able to afford a good PC every 3/4 years. The amount of money you save on games is also quite substantial.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can still use a controller on PC, and anyone with a job is able to afford a good PC every 3/4 years. The amount of money you save on games is also quite substantial.
I'm aware that a controller can be used. But you assume that I can work. If I was gonna get a PC, which I'd been considering, I'd get one that has the consoles beat every time, performance wise. Also I'd have to get the parts and build it to make it affordable, since pre-built PC's are much more expensive.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'm aware that a controller can be used. But you assume that I can work. If I was gonna get a PC, which I'd been considering, I'd get one that has the consoles beat every time, performance wise. Also I'd have to get the parts and build it to make it affordable, since pre-built PC's are much more expensive.
I agree, by purchasing your own parts you can get really high end gear for around 1200 euros.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Yesterday I found a site that gives me parts lists for PC builds of $300-$700. Good Cheap Gaming Computers 2015 | Elite Gaming Computers
I'd spend a little more to get quite a big improvement.
For instance, the 700 dollars one has a GTX 960. I'd go that extra mile and go with a GTX 970.
As for processor, the i5-4670(K if you want to overclock) is an excellent bargain.
I'd never go with an i7, because it doesn't improve gaming performance (videocard is far more important for that).
2 TB HDD is always recommended since you can never have too much space.
Also never get SDD memory, it's far too expensive to be worth it. The quicker loading times do not weigh up to the absurd price.

I highly recommend not following shopping lists and instead compare performance yourself by using tools like cpuboss.com and searching through forums.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
Tbh the only non-pc series I've ever been intersted in was Legend of Zelda so you know... :p

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd spend a little more to get quite a big improvement.
For instance, the 700 dollars one has a GTX 960. I'd go that extra mile and go with a GTX 970.
As for processor, the i5-4670(K if you want to overclock) is an excellent bargain.
I'd never go with an i7, because it doesn't improve gaming performance (videocard is far more important for that).
2 TB HDD is always recommended since you can never have too much space.
Also never get SDD memory, it's far too expensive to be worth it. The quicker loading times do not weigh up to the absurd price.

I highly recommend not following shopping lists and instead compare performance yourself by using tools like cpuboss.com and searching through forums.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Pc? :/

1 - 20 of 42 Posts