• PSP

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • None of the Above (Post to specify)

Votes: 6 10.0%
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Based on your name and profile picture, I thought for sure, you'd vote N64.
Well if I have to pick my top 3 it would be:

1. PS2
2. N64(just missing PS2 by a hair)
3. A tie between PS1(my 1st system) and GameCube

note: I started gaming towards the tail end of the 5th generation so my list going to look a little different to someone 5-10 years my senior

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
PS2! it was a gift, many hours spent playing some awesome games.. Sadly it's pretty much useless now due to overuse :/

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
Somehow the only non-pc games I've ever been interested in were all Nintendo games...
I chose '64 out of a sentiment because I'm endlessly in love with Ocarina of Time but I also highly enjoyed playing on Gamecube. And I'm a bit old-fashioned.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somehow the only non-pc games I've ever been interested in were all Nintendo games...
I chose '64 out of a sentiment because I'm endlessly in love with Ocarina of Time but I also highly enjoyed playing on Gamecube. And I'm a bit old-fashioned.
I'm old-fashioned in gaming as well. I still have a NES and SNES. I wish I still had a N64. Gamecube is the only Nintendo console I never owned. Well, that and the Wii U. If I get another Nintendo console, I'll buy another N64, or get a 3DS XL. Both have Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Both good things in my book.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
I'm old-fashioned in gaming as well. I still have a NES and SNES. I wish I still had a N64. Gamecube is the only Nintendo console I never owned. Well, that and the Wii U. If I get another Nintendo console, I'll buy another N64, or get a 3DS XL. Both have Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Both good things in my book.
I never owned GC either but my friend did. I liked the old (s)nes games but it's been a long time since I played any of them. I liked all the handheld Zelda games, too. Right now buying a new console would damage my budget severly ;_; But I'm thinking of buying a 3DS 'cause you can play most of the classic stuff on it. I have a thing for the good ol' joypad though :p so I'll probably end up getting another N64, too

·
Registered
106 Posts
PS2 my love.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nothing beats the original PlayStation. Crash Bandicoot and MOH for the win.

Reactions: Loaf and Sharkcorn

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never owned GC either but my friend did. I liked the old (s)nes games but it's been a long time since I played any of them. I liked all the handheld Zelda games, too. Right now buying a new console would damage my budget severly ;_; But I'm thinking of buying a 3DS 'cause you can play most of the classic stuff on it. I have a thing for the good ol' joypad though :p so I'll probably end up getting another N64, too
Here's a site for classic and modern gaming. https://www.estarland.com/Nintendo64.html

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After doing a list of games that I love for each console, and the winner is Nintendo 64 for my all time favorite game console.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Tie between Xbox One and PS2. Xbox One has the most cohesive set of features now that compliment each other fairly well (when the system isn't chugging for some reason).

But the PS2 had some amazing games that current gen just doesn't have. SOCOM Combined Assault was my favorite shooter, ever. Many features on there, that current gen shooters don't have. :/

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'm sad to see that only I voted for the gamecube :sad:

I still play it very often

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Atari. One time my ESFJ ex came back from the store with some hand held system that simulated Atari in a more compact form and had Ms.Pacman and Space Invaders and whatever on it, and we had so much fun with that. I also have memories of playing Nintendo with my cousins, and have probably been most familiar with Playstation and XBOX in my adult life, but have very little interest in gaming, though I played Wii Fit with family a few years ago, and I liked Guitar Hero when my nephew had it on I think Playstation.

Atari is the only system that grabs me on a visceral level. It's similar to big huge pizza parlor video games, or the arcade.

Once and a while I'll go and play some 3D simulator driving game or horror game at an arcade bar/restaurant, but I am just not a "gamer" in any real sense of the word.

I also vaguely remember Coleco, my best friends older brother had it, but it looked like a remote control, was stupidily complicated to a six year old who had an Atari, and I never formed a preference for it though I remember playing it with her.

·
Registered
INTP
5,117 Posts
I went with PS1.

I'm guessing there's be a strong generational bias here.

I picked PS1 because I was about 10-15 years old when it was 'the thing'.

Abe's Odyssey, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Tekken 3, MICROMACHINES V3.

I guess, in hindsight, PS2 can handle most PS1 games. Maybe I should have voted PS2. Oh well.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went with PS1.

I'm guessing there's be a strong generational bias here.

I picked PS1 because I was about 10-15 years old when it was 'the thing'.

Abe's Odyssey, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Tekken 3, MICROMACHINES V3.

I guess, in hindsight, PS2 can handle most PS1 games. Maybe I should have voted PS2. Oh well.
I'm not counting backwards compatibility.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Maybe I'm one for nostalgia, but I was hooked on my Nintendo Gamecube throughout middle and early high school. Nothing like staying up playing Tales of Symphonia and Harvest Moon.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts