Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of your INTPy video games?

Off the top of my head:

Kerbal Space Program (with all the complicated addons like KoS, Remote Tech 2, etc) - a complicated sim and space blended together? What's not to like?

All those old Jane's simulators from the 90s, the more buttons that worked, the better

Highly modded Minecraft - ideally to the point that I can program a robot, and hide in my base and let it do all the work!

MMORPGs - They're kinda all one game really. The game is figuring out the theory-crafting. After that, they lose their appeal pretty quickly.

Elite, especially the latest in VR - pretty, and trade routes are fun!

Civilization - just one more turn.....

Dwarf Fortress - a convoluted game that allows weird things to go wrong and NOONE else in the room understands...

What am I missing out on?

Tyn

·
Registered
133 Posts
In order of love:

- Mass Effect trilogy (can't wait for Andromeda!!!)
- Assassins creed series (the art + history *_*)
- Harvest Moon DS, and Stardew Valley (the latter's mechanics is based off the former)
- Dota I

Other games that I've liked/enjoyed thoroughly, but not to the same level as the ones listed above:
- Dragon Age series
- KOTOR series
- Sims III
- Rimworld
- Civilisations IV
- Tomb Raider (2013)

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
80 Days, Sunless Sea, Crusader Kings 2, Age of Decadence, the [new] Shadowrun games, most of Bioware's stuff and I'm eyeing Tides of Numenera hopefully.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Starcraft II
Transistor

There are really no other games like the above two I mentioned, so I am sad.
Isn't Bastion kinda like Transistor? And Warcraft III kinda like Starcraft II (although way older)?

I guess it depends on what exactly it is about these games that you like so much

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Isn't Bastion kinda like Transistor? And Warcraft III kinda like Starcraft II (although way older)?

I guess it depends on what exactly it is about these games that you like so much
Yes, of course, but probably because Bastion is from the same developer as Transistor.

Same goes for Warcraft III.

Bastion and WCIII are ok when I played them, but they are quite outdated now.

·
Banned
484 Posts
Warcraft III is like Starcraft II in that they are both RTS games, but Starcraft has more focus on large armies, expansions, and resource control... while Warcraft tended towards smaller armies supporting OP Hero units.

I'll put in a vote for Hearthstone though, which is a sort of streamlined online CCG like Magic: the Gathering also by Blizzard. The mechanics are fun and new expansions come out every four months. They are about to rotate the card pool again for the year, so it's a good time to get in on it.

If you like Dwarf Fortress you may enjoy NetHack, the mother of all of ASCII roguelikes. I guess that would make Rogue the grandmother : )

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Warcraft III is like Starcraft II in that they are both RTS games, but Starcraft has more focus on large armies, expansions, and resource control... while Warcraft tended towards smaller armies supporting OP Hero units.

I'll put in a vote for Hearthstone though, which is a sort of streamlined online CCG like Magic: the Gathering also by Blizzard. The mechanics are fun and new expansions come out every four months. They are about to rotate the card pool again for the year, so it's a good time to get in on it.

If you like Dwarf Fortress you may enjoy NetHack, the mother of all of ASCII roguelikes. I guess that would make Rogue the grandmother : )
I like Hearthstone, but I like their adventures (e.g. one night in karazhan) more so than their pvp elements.

·
Banned
484 Posts
Ah, bad news then: Blizz says they will do no adventures for 2017, just three Expansions.

I liked them too. The Chess battle in Karazhan was brilliant. Guess it will just be Brawls for testing out wacky mechanics now.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I don't play enough video games...
I do have an inexplicable, undying love for Harvest Moon.

I grew up playing strategy games, so I really like Civilization V and Starcraft II.
Hearthstone is fun.
So is Heroes of the Storm, especially because it's free.

It sounds like mostly PC games so far.
Is that a major point to you guys?

Favorite game of all time: THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND

Reactions: Pifanjr

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you like Harvest Moon, have you tried Stardew Valley?
I haven't, no. It looks incredibly similar, have you played it?

After the Rune Factory games, I got a little spoiled by having actual storylines to advance. It's still a nice way to wind down though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dragon Age is definitely my favorite video game franchise of all time. Right now my favorite game is Overwatch.
Other favorites include:
Red Dead Redemption
Animal Crossing
Pokémon
Assassin's Creed
The Elder Scrolls
The Witcher
Zoo Tycoon

Other games that I like:
Life is Strange (horrible writing but it still made me cry)
Mass Effect (haven't played enough)

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,250 Posts
Not an INTP, but I want to say it so badly. My favourite game is Forza 3 or 4. I just feel the need to tune cars for best grip and make them best in class. I love upgrading and tuning. I also do some simple car styling, like repainting it, adding lighweight rims and tinting windows black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It sounds like mostly PC games so far.
Is that a major point to you guys?
Speaking for myself, I like complex games and typically - though not always - these come out on the PC, or have mods that are only available on the PC which bring some additional features to it which fires my interest (e.g. Kerbal & Minecraft are both also on consoles, but came out first on PC, and have mods that are only available on the PC platform).

Also I'm old as dirt and started gaming on a c-64, so it's a bit of a habit at this point :)

Tyn

1 - 20 of 47 Posts