Personality Cafe banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
I think 7s in small doses can be tolerable, but I think there would be an impasse at some point.

·
Registered
129 Posts
As a 4w3, I find my intensity to be something of an issue for pure 9s and really upbeat 7s.

I can be friends with any type, but romantically speaking, I jive really well with 3s, 5s, and sometimes 6s.

I have difficulty grasping the essence of 1s, the blunt-force 8s, and I feel morally responsible to tone myself down around 2s.

Again, I hate no types and bar no types from my friendship. I like most any balanced and interesting person. :)

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
What kind of impasse do you mean?
I think 7's of either wing have an adventurous streak that gets tiresome after a while. Sometimes it helps to slow down, mentally and/or physically.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just don't get Sixes. My grandma is a Six, and she's the most selfless person I know, but she's kind of a follower and too passive yet suspicious and very judgmental. :l I'm a Two, and I dislike the Twos who are really selfish and superficial. I also really dislike the bad Two qualities in myself. Also, I know a Four, and I love her, but she can be annoyingly self-absorbed, self-pitying, and jealous. I'd have to say that the negative Four qualities annoy me the most. :x Eights who are too cold make me mad, but my grandpa and friend are 8w9s, and they can be warm and selfless, so I can deal with their bossy-ness. The Threes who are far too obsessed with image and status to the point that they're shallow really grind my gears... so Threes and Fours.

My favorite would be the Twos who are actually selfless and warm. They show me how to be the best me that I can be, and they don't have to exhaust themselves to understand how to make me happy, because they already know. Although, I'm not really romantically attracted to Two men. I like men who are less emotional, because I have enough sensitivity for the both of us. >.< If I'm gonna be in a relationship, I need balance.

Romantically, I love Sevens... until they leave.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Is this open for every type to answer?

Ok, so I base by ratings on my actual experienced irl and online. I realise that I just might not met or not recognise nice, likeable versions of some types. As a five, when I have to interact with people (like in family, workplace tec) I'm able to cope well, but if I could choose I would avoid some types at all. Please bear in mind I will describes very subjective, personal associations I have about types. In fact I accept the fact that other types have their advantages and roles, I just find it hard to interact with them.

1. This type just doesn't seem attractive. They may show unrealistic perfectionism and inevitable frustration such unrealistic attitude must cause. Annoying. Also they're likely to try to make others conform to their ideas oh how everything should be and I can't stand it.

2. I fear twos. One of most scary types, I believe some of most toxic people I met are unhealthy twos, and I don't even know how to deal with such people - otherwise than avoiding them. I have problems imagining a healthy two, which probably shows my prejudice. I think it may be because twos and fives are two extremes. Twos are very annoying, because I can't please them, nor fight them, or help them. Nothing. I think the less we interact, the better.

3. Depending on a person, a three is to be adored or despised for me, but at least they're not boring. If I like a three I really enjoy their company. They can be adorable.

4. Difficult to deal with, because due to their changing nature they may be really cool at one time and really annoying at other. So it's not a bad friend material, as long as I remember it's a four.

5. I have a positive attitude towards other fives, of course there are always some individuals who are unhealthy or annoying, but in general company of other fives is fun. It's easier to me to tolerate flaws of fives, because they're similar to mine.

6. I don't like sixes, though I meet a lot of sixes. I think most of sixes are troubled but they often pretend they're not and it causes a lot of problems. They often appear childish and immature to me, but they always see themselves as serious and mature. A lot of them just radiate fear, falseness and frustration. I don't even know what to do. With healthier ones, they are authentic but often fearful and sad. I think they bring me down.

7. I like sevens, they're fun. Due to family reasons I'm used to sevens and I think I can deal with them pretty well, so I don't have such problems as some other fives may have with sevens. Which is good.

8. I don't like eights, they're really foreign to me. I think I understand them pretty well but I feel strong opposition against their nature. I often get in conflict with eights, and I tend to think of them as adversaries.

9. For some reason, I can't think of real life likeable nines. I guess they're usually bland? I don't like bland people. I'm also suspicious about people who try to please everybody.

So in the end, not many likeable types to me - I prefer 5, 7 and 3, I appreciate 4, I really try to avoid 2 and 8, I tolerate 9 and 1, unless those 1 are really aggressive.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
least favorite: type 1

favorite:type 4, 9, 6, 2,3, 7, 5

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I don't know that I have "favourite" or "least favourite" enneagram types, as there are always exceptions. But aspects to certain types do particularly appeal to me, in an abstract or general sense. Also, I do tend to get along with some types more than others.

In order from the greatest to lowest risk of conflict:
3, 7, 1, 8... from there it's a toss up. I tried to rank them but couldn't.

The type most alien to me would be three. My ambitions have very little to do with how society will see me, in terms of status and success. I find this sort of thing pretty boring actually, and I guess I don't have much in common with even the healthiest of threes. We just don't value the same things? I can't think of a single three that I've ever been especially close to. Not saying it couldn't happen but.

I am very drawn to sevens but have found that trying to be "involved" with one, in any emotional capacity beyond platonic, is a very bad idea for me. Perhaps it would be different with a self-actualized seven. But you know, being a four, I find it difficult to be intimate with someone who is only interested in me while I'm cheerful and colourful. I find it draining to let someone in, to leave an impact on me, when I may not be able to really leave an impact on them. And it makes me nervous to think they're probably always on the lookout for something better. This doesn't stop me from loving the way they bring me out of my shell, or their passion, or our shared appreciation for wildly beautiful things in life... but I've been trained to think "all good things must end", when it comes to sevens. So, walls forever.

I find that unhealthy Ones are kind of insufferable to me, probably because I'm so sensitive to criticism and need room to explore life's gray areas without being judged. I know fours are supposed to integrate into One; I guess it makes sense that if I were healthier, I'd find more productive ways to channel my drive to find meaning, justice, and to serve a higher cause. Or I'd use more objective measures instead of being so self-absorbed. BUT for now, unhealthy/average Ones... ~hurt mah feelers~ too much. haha. Okay, I just got out of a five year relationship with a one, so this probably colours my perception of them.

I'm very non-confrontational and do not trust anger so eights can be difficult to get along with. While I thrive on challenges of sorts (intellectual and certain types of internal/emotional challenges - I do have an active temperament after all), I do not like interpersonal conflict. Nine gut and all that. While eights can be engaging at first, I can get pretty drained by constant assumptions and aggressive behaviours.

I haven't noticed many patterns of conflict with sixes, except perhaps when I'm wanting to explore something new with them, and I can't break them out of a rut or evoke the kind of reaction I want, lol.

I disintegrate to two, and sometimes certain two behaviors can irk me... mostly because I can relate to the passive-aggressive, people-pleasing tendencies at times. And it bothers me when I KNOW they are resenting me for not meeting certain expectations, which they develop because they (perceive that they) give up so much of themselves, yet they won't be forthcoming about it. Just... yeah. I don't know how to cope with someone who won't let me help them or challenge them or... anything.

I don't really have anything to say about nines, other than that I either consciously or subconsciously recognize their need for space and inner harmony, and I do a good job not to disturb them. This prevents me from getting close to too many, though.

Five intrigues me and I love them in theory.

Four, ha. Well I am a four and I could go on forever about all the things I dislike about four in general, but at the same time I also know how to deal with other fours pretty well, most of the time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
1s- Calm and supportive but will speak up when something is morally wrong... Good teachers. I haven't seen an unhealthy 1, but I'd imagine they can get nasty.

2s- I really enjoy them when they're healthy. They are extremely caring and aware of people's needs, but they pay attention to themselves as well. Unhealthy 2s are plain evil... They will help you just for the sake of feeling loved when they really don't care about your problems at all. The one I dealt with started boasting about how 'honest' she was.... :/ She was emotionally demanding, as well.

3s- Very inspiring when healthy. I find them very upbeat and fun. Life of the party people like 7s, but real workaholics. Dress to impress kind of people.

4s- My biological father is a 4 and I have a very strong bond with him (I'm also a 4). The other one I knew... We shared a bit of a bond but I saw her as kind of selfish from time to time.

5s- Unfortunately I have not met any 5s... I would love to get to know a healthy one, though, they seem very interesting...

6s- The unhealthy one I knew was very anxious yet arrogant at the same time, but I adore healthy 6w7s. They're very upbeat/lively/scattered, however they won't leave your side. Very loyal and fun friends to have.

7s- I love healthy 7s... Very exaggerated, fun, and spontaneous. A little too all-over-the-place for me, at times. Some of them can't seem to sit still.

8s- My least favorite in the unhealthy or even average levels. Way too domineering/loud. However I find healthy 8s to be very optimistic and wanting to help the underdogs, which I love.

9s- Adore healthy 9s! Very supportive, patient, and accepting people. I love the calming effect they have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like other 4s I think, or anyone who talks a lot and has an affected demeanor...I find people with lots of faces super-attractive(3 or 3w4?) Actors. I also love 5s and 9s because I think we get along pretty well. I don't tend to maintain friendships with 5s, but wherever I am I seek them out because I enjoy learning from them and I think they appreciate someone listening to them talk about the things they know. I'm pretty sure my brother's a 9 and he's the sweetest most beautiful person I know. 6s frustrate me, I think, and 1s can be difficult for me to deal with. Maybe because they're my parents' types XD

21 - 31 of 31 Posts