• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is your favorite meat dish?

I grew up in an omnivore home and leaned to plan meals based on the main meat course.

The meat is the main protein source.

Then to the meat a carb side dish gets added, like potatoes, noodles/pasta, or rice, etc.

Then to this a vegie dish gets added.

Then for dessert some kind of fruit is served.

As a beverage we normally had iced tea except for breakfast when it was coffee or hot cocoa.

So what is your favorite meat, if any?

What do you like to eat with it?

Did you learn to cook at home? Or somewhere else?

Or do you not cook at all?

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
My very favorite meal is
Steak Medium Rare
Asparagus
Shrimp & Crab
With a properly chilled salad.

My other favorite meal is breakfast anytime. Classic eggs over easy, toast, bacon, hashbrowns I can eat this anytime. I basically just love eggs period tho and like many variations of it. Usually I eat eggs in fber wraps.

Next is Fajitas I make, or Ka-Bobs or Stir Fry

And lastly Sandwich, I love a good lettuce, tomato, sandwich.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Chicken. Maybe I'm simply more accustomed to it. But I find it very versatile.

Second was beef because I love cheeseburgers and Shepherd's Pie.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I voted beef steak, but beef, chicken, or pork as long as it is BBQ is is great.

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,717 Posts
It's had to choose just one in that poll.

My favourites amongst them are chicken, turkey, and hamburger, with an honourable mention to canned tuna which I like to have every now and then on sandwiches or tuna melts (very yummy). I'm not much of a fish guy which is surprising considering where I'm from but I do like some cod and whatnot every now and then.

I voted for hamburger though just because of how versatile it is and how many of my favourite dishes utilize it. If I had a massive supply of hamburger meat in the freezer, I could make so many of my favourite meals. It's a shame though because red minced meat isn't exactly the best for you compared to most of the others but it's so damn irresistible.

Also, honourable mention to bacon and ham.

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
I wish we could choose more than one. What can I say? I'm indecisive XD

I was tied between chicken and hamburger because chicken is delicious but so is a hamburger. I don't like picking through all the cartilage or the bones and whatnot in a piece of chicken. Chicken also can be really dry. You just can't go wrong with using minced meat. It's so versatile and it tastes damn good.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Couldn't choose between salmon and beefsteak.

It depends on how it's prepared. Typically there is nothing better than a med-rare inside, seared outside beefsteak, but if we're talking raw sashimi/nigiri than Salmon wins

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like all kinds of seafood including squid, octopus, lobster, crab, clams, muscles, and a lot of fish too. I do not like fresh water white fish like cod though.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts