Personality Cafe banner

What is your favorite meat dish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
5,979 Posts
Basically burgers and corned beef. Unless cloned meat sees practical use, I'd find it hard to be vegetarian or eat without destroying the environment.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,231 Posts
What happened to Ham? I love baked ham. And Bacon should be it's own entry, bacon is wonderful. But my favorite is Venison, also not on the list. So I chose steak because I do really enjoy steak too, I guess all three would be favorites. And then... I do love lobster and shrimp as well. mmmmmmm meat.

(hmm and what about rabbit, buffalo burgers, sausages....)

oh, and as for things I like with meat, hmm... potatoes (baked, mashed, scalloped), asparagus or green beans, bread, seafood pasta is good, or beef ravioli, meat lovers pizzas are good too, and I like green salads. I do cook a lot at home, but I don't do a lot with meat myself actually because my husband's not really into meat and I never liked how my mom cooked pretty much any meat, so... I just haven't gotten around to learning how to make it how I like it.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bacon. It's a food group all of its own.

xkcd: Stove Ownership
I use bacon for lots of recipes.

Sliced bacon is great for pan frying skinless/boneless chicken. It provides the fat and flavor that the trimmed chicken meat does not have.

BLT sandwiches are my favorite sandwich, although they get soggy if you try and bring them for a bag lunch.

Bacon tastes great with eggs too and in a breakfast burrito.

Bacon wrapped around shrimp or scallops is a delicious appetizer with dip at parties and goes fast because it is irresistible.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Mmmmm, sirloin :laughing:
Applebee's serves the very best sirloin. The marinate it overnight. The salty brine they use for the marinate makes the steaks delicious. Goes well with mashed potatoes and steamed fresh vegies, with red wine.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
What happened to Ham? I love baked ham. And Bacon should be it's own entry, bacon is wonderful. But my favorite is Venison, also not on the list. So I chose steak because I do really enjoy steak too, I guess all three would be favorites. And then... I do love lobster and shrimp as well. mmmmmmm meat.

(hmm and what about rabbit, buffalo burgers, sausages....)

oh, and as for things I like with meat, hmm... potatoes (baked, mashed, scalloped), asparagus or green beans, bread, seafood pasta is good, or beef ravioli, meat lovers pizzas are good too, and I like green salads. I do cook a lot at home, but I don't do a lot with meat myself actually because my husband's not really into meat and I never liked how my mom cooked pretty much any meat, so... I just haven't gotten around to learning how to make it how I like it.
My mistake I total forgot about ham, pork, and bacon. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Basically burgers and corned beef. Unless cloned meat sees practical use, I'd find it hard to be vegetarian or eat without destroying the environment.
One of my favorite holidays is St. Patrick's Day.

That's when I always go to one of the local Irish pubs and have corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, whisky, and Guinness dark beer.

Not far away either -- another month or so.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I like all kinds of seafood including squid, octopus, lobster, crab, clams, muscles, and a lot of fish too. I do not like fresh water white fish like cod though.
Cod is an ocean / salt water white fish.

Tilapia is fresh water white fish.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts