• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Can't decide between duck and salmon.
Duck is what I usually roast at Thanksgiving if I am eating alone with no guests over.

It makes 2 or 3 convenient meals with NOT a lot of leftovers.

Salmon is what I usually have if I have not had it in a while.

I put salt and pepper on it and fry it in oil leaving it a little rare on the inside and crispy on the outside.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Out of the list, I'd say cod. Easy to make in the microwave. I do love meat and my favorite meat (that's not on the list) would be deer venison. Nothing beats some good venison jerky.
Microwaves are better for re-heating foods that have already been cooked once.

I am no fan of "cooking" with a microwave.

This is one of the things that my most recent X did which I absolutely hated.

We also argued about how and when to load the dishes into the dishwasher.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
It's had to choose just one in that poll.

My favourites amongst them are chicken, turkey, and hamburger, with an honourable mention to canned tuna which I like to have every now and then on sandwiches or tuna melts (very yummy). I'm not much of a fish guy which is surprising considering where I'm from but I do like some cod and whatnot every now and then.

I voted for hamburger though just because of how versatile it is and how many of my favourite dishes utilize it. If I had a massive supply of hamburger meat in the freezer, I could make so many of my favourite meals. It's a shame though because red minced meat isn't exactly the best for you compared to most of the others but it's so damn irresistible.

Also, honourable mention to bacon and ham.
I buy more canned tuna than anything else, but it is for MY CAT -- his favorite food on this Earth.

If I am in a pinch I can open a can, drain it, and add mayo for a tuna salad sandwich.

I use flour tortillas instead of bread for my sandwiches now.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
One thing I don't get is people's obsession with bacon.
In Mexico at the various resorts their bacon is less salted and less smoked, so that it tastes more like pork than bacon.

In the USA we put a lot of salt on ours during the curing process and we smoke it more.

The saltiness and the smoke are what makes US bacon so enticing.

I like bacon wrapped in a burrito (like a bacon sandwich), bacon in a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, bacon with eggs on a breakfast platter, BLT sandwiches, and sliced together with boneless skinless chicken for frying. The bacon adds lots of flavor.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Couldn't choose between salmon and beefsteak.

It depends on how it's prepared. Typically there is nothing better than a med-rare inside, seared outside beefsteak, but if we're talking raw sashimi/nigiri than Salmon wins
Salmon is definitely my favorite sushi/sashimi meat too.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
No they're like beef sticks but made with venison. I know in Texas beef sticks aren't big. Not sure if they are in your parts. Basically like skinny sausage sticks you can eat.
These are hard to find anywhere anymore because of their high fat content they are deemed to be very unhealthy to eat.

I've seen them in 5-and-dime shops and 24/7 corner groceries though.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sushi/sashimi tuna is good too, yes.

Much more expensive due to the handling requirements of course.

I have pan fried sashimi tuna and it tastes just like canned then.
Yeah, I always thought I hated tuna as a child. Once I had it raw, I wondered why anybody cooked it. lol!
I used to hate steak as a child too, because it was always cooked well-done. Once I had it medium-rare, I
realized that steak can be an amazing eating experience. I generally don't prefer tough meats I suppose,
although I can did into a good jerky or a well-spiced hard salami, so I don't know.

P.S. I like Salmon both raw and fully cooked or anywhere in-between.
Also a rare Mahi-Mahi sandwich is to die for.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I've grown very fond of chicken these past months especially when it's cooked right. Fried Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Spicy Chinese Chicken, Chicken Katsu, Chicken Burgers, Roasted Rotisserie Chicken... how can you not love chicken?

I'm also a big fan of salmon, tilapia, and other kinds of meat. But Chicken is number one!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Duck breast is very good, yes.

I usually save that for last, or as leftovers, having the wings, legs, thighs, back and neck first. Those are all good too on a duck.
Even duck hearts are good. Cook them and then dip it a nice Hoisin-based sauce. Had that in China.
Duck is delish.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts