What is your favorite meat dish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
It was all German style up here. Same goes for all the beer here.
My doctor told me I have to stop drinking any beers.

It has brewers yeast in it and that causes my gout.

So only once each year on St. Patricks Day do I allow myself to drink 1 Guinness to chase my Hennesseys with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love chicken and seafood. If I had to live off of one meat though, it would be seafood (love my sushi).
I currently don't cook right now but my goal this year is to start cooking so not only I can eat healthy, but also survive when I have to live on my own or with someone.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Hmm. Favorite meat or favorite meat dish? I'm rather finicky, and a type of meat that I might enjoy prepared in one way may be . . . not . . . enjoyable prepared in another way. So from the list let me reflect on the raw materials (meats).

I don't like oily fleshed fish, so no tuna or salmon on my plate ever.
I do enjoy different types of fresh water fish other than that including tilapia, bass, pike, walleye, catfish, trout, and sunfish.
I do enjoy different types of salt water fish including snapper, swordfish, shark, monk fish, and grouper.
I enjoy lobster, spiny lobster, Alaskan king crab, snow crab, scallops, shrimp, prawn, and clams (fried).
I enjoy chicken, Rock Cornish game hen, and duck. I have never had goose. I eat turkey, but it isn't favored.
I enjoy some pork but especially bacon and ham.
I enjoy lamb chops and leg of lamb. I have never had mutton or goat.
I enjoy many cuts of beef, mainly the cuts suitable for dry cooking (grilled, pan fried, roasted) rather than wet cooking (boiled or stewed). Ground beef (aka hamburger) is simply a cut or cuts that are ground prior to preparation. One such preparation is to form into patties that are cooked by grilling or pan frying/griddling. Steaks that I like include sirloin, T-bone, Porterhouse, and New York strip. I also enjoy prime rib though I'm not a fan of beef ribs (or pork ribs for that matter).

I also enjoy a limited selection of processed and/or combined meats such as gyros meat and certain sausages (bratwurst, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and Chorizo). I dislike corned beef quite a bit. I dislike most processed "lunch meats".

I don't eat any meat that has not been cooked (no sushi, sashimi, steak Tartar, oysters on the half-shell, or the like).

Preparation is crucial as to whether the end product is something I enjoy. Whereas I do eat ground beef and often as hamburgers, if I were offered one that had ketchup and/or mustard on it, I would not eat it (as an example).

I don't think that I can narrow it down to a favorite for voting, though.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,007 Posts
So what is your favorite meat, if any?

What do you like to eat with it?

Did you learn to cook at home? Or somewhere else?

Or do you not cook at all?
I don't eat meat. Typically, my diet consists predominantly of complex carbs coming from whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. I typically get my protein from beans, nuts, and veggie meats (as well as my unsaturated fats). I tend to eat a lot of different things though across the food groups, so it's never totally consistent. The only thing that is is that vegetables and grains are what I most consume, followed by fruits, followed by veggie meats and similar products, and followed finally by nuts.

I can't cook very well. Most of my meals are ridiculously simple.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Chicken. Maybe I'm simply more accustomed to it. But I find it very versatile.

Second was beef because I love cheeseburgers and Shepherd's Pie.
I've grown very fond of chicken these past months especially when it's cooked right. Fried Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Spicy Chinese Chicken, Chicken Katsu, Chicken Burgers, Roasted Rotisserie Chicken... how can you not love chicken?

I'm also a big fan of salmon, tilapia, and other kinds of meat. But Chicken is number one!
Chicken wings
My favorite is roast chicken, followed by sausage, salmon, and beef.
Chicken has taken over 1st place now.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
So hard to pick just one.

I like lamb and that's what I voted for.

But fish like salmon and tilapia are up there along with all seafood.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I like lamb most by itself, which is what I believe you are referencing. Its saltiness and juiciness cannot be beat when it's done well.

But when it is paired with other things, I really adore a nice Ribeye with a Bleu Cheese butter and Garlic Mash on the side. Lamb chop can be replaced, but it could use some decent seasonings to assure that you are not getting two completely salty dishes.

I dont get much decent seafood so I cant really have a decent opinion on it. Have not tried duck; goose; a lot of the fish besides cod, salmon, and a couple others; or goat.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I chose chicken! I love it in lotsa different ways! grilled/BBQ/roasted, chicken burger, in salad, panini/sandwich, hot wings, teriyaki, with stuffings, zinger, strips, fried, crispy/kentucky style, etc!
I just don't like it in stew! I generally don't like stews!

I LOVE CHICKEN!!! �� I love poultry in general. I don't mind turkey, duck, goose, etc, but chicken is more common!

I also like seafood! All types, even the strangest ones! Calamari and oysters are my favorites!

Red meat would be my least favorite! I just don't like it's taste/smell when cooked! & it's not really safe to eat raw meat!
but if I had to choose I would pick Lamb! Beef is my least favorite!

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Bacon and sausage left out, meat poll fail.:unsure:

81 - 99 of 99 Posts