Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Ordering! Four combos with extra bacon on the side. Two chilly cheese samplers a basket of liver and onion rings a catch of the day and a steak cut in the shape of a trout! Got all that honey?" "Two orcas wearing, a plate of hot air, a basket of grandmas breakfest and change the bull to a gill. Got it." ~Emperor's New Groove.

"Plus, he wrote the directions on an easter egg which is.. very hard to read. Never trust a bunny" "Right boss! Never trust a bunny!" ~Hoodwinked

What about you? Favorite movies and movie quotes? If you're like me, you quote movies all the time :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
"Liberty Bell, if you put one more Baco on that potato, I'm gonna kick your little Monkey Butt." -Juno

"Because they might have daddy long legs and um... dead things, Mikey! DEAD THINGS!" -The Goonies

“Really? It's for Paris, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.” -The Devil Wears Prada

“Let’s go down to the hotel for dinner tonight, I need to get myself out of my Mexi-coma.” “Aww, you made a little joke. Good for you!” -Sex in the City

I quote movies constantly when a given situation calls for it... my brother is the quoting master, though :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
One of my favorite movies is Saw 2. John(jigsaw) was a genius
John: Can you imagine what it feels like to have someone sit you down and tell you that you're dying? The gravity of that, hmm? Then the clock's ticking for you. In a split second your awe is cracked open. You look at things differently - smell things differently. You savor everything be it a glass of water or a walk in the park.
Eric Matthews: The clock is ticking, John.
John: But most people have the luxury of not knowing when that clock's going to go off. And the irony of it is that that keeps them from really living their life. It keeps them drinking that glass of water but never really tasting it.

Saw 7 when John meets the fraud Bobby Dagen. Priceless

·
Registered
809 Posts
The Doctor: ...And how am I gonna react when I see this? *lifts his arm dramatically* A grrreat, big, threatening *button*. A great, big, threatening *button* which must not be pressed under any circumstances, am I right? Looks like some sort of control matrix. But what's powering it? Blood?
[tastes red liquid]
The Doctor: Yep, blood. Human blood. A-positive... with just a dash of iron. Agh... But that means... Oh, blood control. Blood control! Oh, I haven't seen blood control for years! *sighs nostalgically* You're controlling all the A-positives. Which leaves us with a great, big, stinking problem, 'cause...I don't know who I am. I don't know when to stop. So if I see a great, big, threatening *button* which must never ever EVER be pressed...I just wanna this.
[slams button]From Doctor Who, "The Christmas Invasion". One of the best moments of the entire series, and probably one of the biggest doses of David Tennant hilarity in his whole time as the Doctor.

Countless lines from The Princess Bride:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Inigo: That Vizzini, he can fuss.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss...I think he likes to scream at us.
Inigo: Probably he means no harm.
Fezzik: He's really very short on...charm.
Inigo: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that!
Inigo: Fezzik! Are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we'll all be dead!
Vizzini: No more rhymes, now I mean it!
Fezzik: Anybody wanna peanut?
Vizzini: Gahh!

Prince Humperdinck: First things first. *draws his sword* To the death!
Westley: NO! To the pain.
Prince Humperdinck: I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase...
Westley: I'll explain, and I'll use small words, so that you'll be sure to understand, you miserable warthog-faced buffoon.
Prince Humperdinck: *takes a breath* ...that might be the first time a man has dared insult me.
Westley: It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands, at the wrists. Next your nose.
Prince Humperdinck: And then my tongue, I suppose. I killed you too quickly the last time, a mistake I do not intend to duplicate tonight. *begins to advance*
Westley: I wasn't finished! The next thing you'll lose will be your left eye, followed by your right.
Prince Humperdinck: And then my ears, I understand, let's get on with it!
Westley: WRONG! Your ears you'll keep, and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God, what is that thing?" will echo in your perfect ears. That is what "to the pain" means: it means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
Prince Humperdinck: I think you're bluffing.
Westley: It's possible, pig. It's conceivable, you miserable vomitous mass. I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. Then again...perhaps I have the strength after all. *stands up, very slowly, and lifts his sword to point directly at Humperdinck* Drop. Your. Sword.

Oh, I could go on... :p But I won't, for the sake of keeping my post relatively short.

Reactions: Lainneth and Fiel

·
Registered
268 Posts
@WanderingThoughts

I just watched that episode a few days ago, love it! Also, The Princess Bride is full of the best quotes :)

“I just want you to feel you’re doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.”

“We are men of action. Lies do not become us."

“Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”

“There’s a shortage of perfect breasts in the world, it would be a pity to damage yours.”

“And wuv, twue wuv, will fowow you foweva.”

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." - Fight Club

"Did you ever have a job that you hated and worked real hard at? A long, hard day of work. Finally you get to go home, get in bed, close your eyes and immediately you wake up and realize... that the whole day at work had been a dream. It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free." - Waking Life

"
If the world that we are forced to accept is false and nothing is true, then everything is possible." - Waking Life

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
@wanderingthoughts

i just watched that episode a few days ago, love it! Also, the princess bride is full of the best quotes :)

“i just want you to feel you’re doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.”

“we are men of action. Lies do not become us."

“life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”

“there’s a shortage of perfect breasts in the world, it would be a pity to damage yours.”

“and wuv, twue wuv, will fowow you foweva.”
Inconceivable!

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." -Gone With The Wind. I said that to my friend, but she didn't get the quote. Needless to say, she was pretty pissed off.

"It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything" Fight Club. Classic.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die" Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Great film.

"Rosebud..." Citizen Kane. 'Nuff said.

"The fences are failing all over the park!" Jurassic Park. I say this to my friends when they get sloppy drunk.

"I. Drink. Your. Milkshake. I drink it up!" There Will Be Blood.

And finally, for the 100th year anniversary...

"I'm king of the world!" Titanic.

·
Registered
17,194 Posts
Alfred Borden: You went half way around the world... you spent a fortune... you did terrible things... really terrible things Robert, and all for nothing.
Robert Angier: For nothing?
Alfred Borden: Yeah
Robert Angier: You never understood, why we did this. The audience knows the truth: the world is simple. It's miserable, solid all the way through. But if you could fool them, even for a second, then you can make them wonder, and then you... then you got to see something really special... you really don't know?... it was... it was the look on their faces...

Christopher McCandless: [written into book] Happiness only real when shared.

Elgin: That ain't nothin'. I coughed up an entire tribe of pygmies. They started lookin' at me weird.
Furgus: I remember them! They was quite friendly!
Spoons: I found a human spinal column in my fecal matter once...
[Awkward silence]
Sergeant Turley: You might wanna get that looked at.

Gust Avrakotos: There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."
Charlie Wilson: Now the Zen master says, "We'll see."

Black: Belief 'aint like unbelief. If you're a believer and you finally got to come to the well of belief itself , then you 'aint got to look no further. There 'aint no further. But the unbelievers got a problem. He's set out to unravel the world. For everything he can point to that 'aint true, he leaves two false things laying there.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,631 Posts
The Network(1976)

Howard: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's no one anywhere that seems to know what to do with us. Now into it. We know the air is unfit to breathe, our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had 15 homicides and 63 violent crimes as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad. Worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy so we don't go out anymore. We sit in a house as slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster, and TV, and my steel belted radials and I won't say anything." Well I'm not going to leave you alone. I want you to get mad. I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crying in the streets. All I know is first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, "I'm a human being. God Dammit, my life has value." So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out, and yell, "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" I want you to get up right now. Get up. Go to your windows, open your windows, and stick your head out, and yell, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!" Things have got to change my friends. You've got to get mad. You've got to say, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!" Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open your window, stick your head out and yell, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Another scene -

Trainspotting(1996)

Mark Renton - Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

American Beauty(1999)

Brad Dupree
- My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell." Well, you have absolutely no interest in saving yourself.
Lester Burnham - Brad, for 14 years I've been a whore for the advertising industry. The only way I could save myself now is if I start firebombing.

Angela Hayes - I don't think that there's anything worse than being ordinary.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Oh boy. This could get long....

[HR][/HR]

From Lost In America:

Albert Brooks -- Its a very sacred thing, the nest egg. And if you had understood the ‘nest egg principle’, as we will now call it, in the first of many lectures that you will have to get. Because if we are ever to acquire another nest egg, we both have to understand what it means. The egg is a protector like a god, and we sit under the nest egg, and we are protected by it. Without it, no protection. Want me to go on? It pours rain, hey, the rain drops on the egg and falls off the side. Without the egg - WET and it’s over. But you didn’t understand it and that’s why we’re where are … Please do me a favor. Don’t use that word, you may not use that word, it’s off limits to you! Only those people in this house who understand ‘nest egg’ may use it! And don’t use any part of it either. Don’t use ‘nest’, don’t use ‘egg’. If you’re out in the forest, you can point, ‘that bird lives in a round stick.’ And, and, you have ‘things’ over easy with toast. I’d like to have you write a thousand times on the pavement, ‘I lost the nest egg’. Come on, say it 500 times.

[HR][/HR]
From
The In-Laws:

Vince: "I was in the jungle, the bush, we called it...for approximately nine months."

Sheldon: Nine months? My God, that really must have been something.

Vince: Sheldon, it was unbelievable. I saw things...They have tsetse flies down there the size of eagles. Really. In the evening, I would stand in front of my hut and watch in horror as these giant flies would pick children off the ground and carry them away.

Oh, it was an incredible sight. Peasants screaming...chasing these flies down the road, waving brooms. You can imagine the pathetic quality of this. Waving these crudely fashioned brooms at these enormous flies......as they carried their children off to almost certain death.

Sheldon: Oh, my, that is just the most horrible thing. You're sure these are flies you're talking about?

Vince: Flies. Natives had a name for them. "José Grecos de Muertos." "Flamenco dancers of death." The enormous flies flapping slowly away into the sunset. Small brown babies clutched in their beaks.

Sheldon: Beaks? Flies with beaks?

Vince: A sight I'll never forget. I was stunned. Appalled.

Sheldon: What did you do?

Vince: What did I do?

Sheldon: As a consultant, what did you do about the flies?

Vince: Sadly, there is very little you can do because of the tremendous red tape in the bush.

Sheldon: There's red tape in the bush?

Vince: Enormous red tape, Sheldon. These flies, for example. They're protected against pilferage under the provisions of the Guacamole Act of 1937.
[HR][/HR]

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Godfather II:

Michael Corleone says to his brother Fredo:

"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"

Reactions: Hend

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Banned
263 Posts
No matter how many movies I like, there's only one that comes first, it's Braveheart.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives." William Wallace

"Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." Malcolm Wallace

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" William Wallace

"It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom." William Wallace

"We all end up dead, it's just a question of how and why." William Wallace

·
Registered
235 Posts
The closing of Valerie's letter in V for Vendetta:

"I hope that, whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the world turns and that things get better. But, what I hope most of all, is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. ~Valerie."

And, the Mad Hatter to Alice in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland:

"
You used to be much more...muchier. You've lost your muchness."

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Sometimes, when we lose ourselves in fear and despair, in routine and constancy, in hopelessness and tragedy, we can thank God for Bavarian sugar cookies. And, fortunately, when there aren't any cookies, we can still find reassurance in a familiar hand on our skin, or a kind and loving gesture, or subtle encouragement, or a loving embrace, or an offer of comfort, not to mention hospital gurneys and nose plugs, an uneaten Danish, soft-spoken secrets, and Fender Stratocasters, and maybe the occasional piece of fiction. And we must remember that all these things, the nuances, the anomalies, the subtleties, which we assume only accessorize our days, are in fact here for a much larger and nobler cause. They are here to save our lives. I know the idea seems strange, but I also know that it just so happens to be true.

Reactions: mushr00m

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"What's your name?" "Beans." "That's a funny kinda name." "What? My dad liked beans." "Well, it's a good thing he didn't like asparagus!" ~Rango

"It is finished." ~The Passion

Reactions: WanderingThoughts

·
Registered
809 Posts
"He looks like a weirdie!" - Fred, Night at the Museum

1 - 20 of 39 Posts