Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing everyone will like something different-----I've often wondered if there's a link at all between the types and what music they listen to?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hard rock, southern rock, classic rock, some alternative.

For a while I thought I was supposed to like Tori Amos and stuff in that genre, and I tried... but it never clicked. I'm really more Guns n Roses, Lucero, Black Sabbath, etc.

My first favorite band was Creedence.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I like musicians from all genres, but I don't like all genres, if that makes any sense. I'm egalitarian (a.k.a. indecisive :tongue:)...so I'm not really sure which is my favorite.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I like most music genres but favor rock and metal.

Current Favorite's
Metallica
Gojira (The way of all flesh album)
Opeth
In Flames
Trivium
5FDP
Korn
Third Eye Blind
Slightly Stoopid
311 ect
Also most classic rock

Reactions: sidj0n

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I'm guessing everyone will like something different-----I've often wondered if there's a link at all between the types and what music they listen to?
You know, the type of music one likes is usually a result of where and/or when they grew up.
Think about it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I like musicians from all genres, but I don't like all genres, if that makes any sense. I'm egalitarian (a.k.a. indecisive :tongue:)...so I'm not really sure which is my favorite.
Same here..one day I might be listening to the beach boys...next day tu pac.....next day maybe korn...or disturbed....50cent or T.I. ...linkin park..avenged seven fold..etc...etc

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I never thought about that. I've long been ventured into more obscure and avant-garde rock. Björk, her son's music... Hm... Oh yeah, I fucking love punk rock. Lagwagon is tops. But my main niche is grunge and alternative metal. Talkin' 'bout early Hole and Martin Grech. And jpop, baby. Nuthin' like it. haha

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
jazz, blues, classical rock and occasionaly some of the more modern music. Mostly 60-90 music tho. Cant stand trance or anything similar at all.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I like avant-garde metal: Diablo Swing Orchestra, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Unexpect, Atheist, etc. Death Metal, melo-death, technical death, grindcore, black metal, symphonic metal, really almost any form of extreme metal makes me happy. However, I also like, hmmm, somewhat calmer music. Lately I've found myself listening to a lot of Rasputina, PJ Harvey, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Vermillion Lies, and Emma Wallace, Emily Wells, and the like (though honesty those aren't all very alike :crazy:). Then I occasionally listen to hip-hop/rap but that's mostly limited too members of Doomtree, Cage, and Tupac. I also like Doo-Wop and Rockabilly. :happy:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Lately it's all about Liquid DnB for me. Otherwise I listen to stuff across the board without much of a preference. The never changing variable in regards to the music I listen to is, it has to be melodic and a melody I like, while having enough 'oomph' behind it.

This is also why I can't do trance (and most other electronic types) but Liquid DnB is just pure awesomeness. In the grander scheme my overall music preference probably belongs to Power Metal, specifically Freedom Call and a likes, which given my personality, are surprisingly happy music makers.

Chip Tunes I like as well, but I figure that is mere nostalgic value from the good old C64 / NES times when I was still young. Younger than now anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am really into trance and techno. Although, I do listen to a lot of different genres of music. Really, my music choice coincides with how I'm feeling at the moment. If I'm just sitting back and relaxing, I usually put on some trance. If I'm getting ready to go out with my friends, I'll throw on generic club/house/electronic dance music. When I do off-roading, I throw on the country music. When I go to the gym, it's rock. When I'm driving, I switch depending on my mood, but sometimes I throw on some epic instrumental music if I'm in a hurry (eg. The Rock soundtrack done by Hans Zimmer).

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Typically I'll listen to music while driving. I keep a small pile of CDs in my car so I don't have to listen to the radio, too many commercials etc. I don't keep original CDs in my car, never know when they might get stolen too, so I burn my own copies. Currently in my car:

Jimi Hendrix
The Beatles
Joe Bonmassa
Foo Fighters
U2
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Alanis Morissette
Natalie Cole
Hiroshima
Enigma
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Dave Matthews Band
Staind
Y.M.O.
Enya
Johnny Cash
Brad Paisley
Blondie
Madonna
Fourplay
Tangerine Dream
Andy Summers
James Newton Howard
Tommy Bolin
The Ventures

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Anything with melody or powerful enough rhythm that makes me want to get up and do something. Anything that makes me want to fly, which basically boils down to: Trance, DNB, Ambient, and some current radio stuff. Anything with simple guitar strumming like Johnny Cash is good too.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
John Denver
Pink Floyd
Paul McCartney
Guns N Roses
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Green Day
AC/DC
Ulrich Schnauss
Anti-Flag
NOFX
Led Zeppelin
CCR
The Beatles
Certain country songs (like "Rough and Ready" - Trace Adkins and "What Do Ya Think About That" - Montgomery Gentry)
Foo Fighters
Three Days Grace

And...I like Nickelback. I hate having to fend off haters every time I mention their name. I don't care if you're a f***ing rock snob and think Nickelback is "commercialized crap that all sounds the same"...I like them.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
John Denver
Pink Floyd
Paul McCartney
Guns N Roses
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Green Day
AC/DC
Ulrich Schnauss
Anti-Flag
NOFX
Led Zeppelin
CCR
The Beatles
Certain country songs (like "Rough and Ready" - Trace Adkins and "What Do Ya Think About That" - Montgomery Gentry)
Foo Fighters
Three Days Grace
You and I could probably stand to listen to each others music.
I have some AC/DC and Green Day too, but certainly way more Jazz than you.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts