Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey!

Thought I'd make one of these here (stole it from the INFPs), but yeah... quotations offer such insight into a person. I'll share some of mine and what d'you say, fellow ENFJs? Post some? Let the fun begin!

"I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."
~Anaïs Nin

"It's only for people like Lexy, who know they might choose eventually, who believe they have a choice to make."
~Carolyn Parkhurst (The Dogs of Babel)

"I want my face to be infallibly carved with laugh lines when I'm old and gray, to reveal the happiness I've lived to know. At seventeen, this is my life's greatest drive, and I hope this never changes."
~PostSecret

"That's the sort of thing I want you to understand. To sell your soul is the easiest thing in the world. That's what everybody does every hour of his life. If I asked you to keep your soul--would you understand why that's much harder?"
~Ayn Rand (The Fountainhead)

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."
~Secondhand Lions

"I wonder how many people I've looked at all my life and never seen."
~John Steinbeck (The Winter of Our Discontent)

"Even after all this time, the sun never said to the earth, 'You owe me.' Look what happens with a love like that: it lights up the whole sky."
~Unknown

"The greatest gift I could ever give you would be to see yourself through my eyes."
~Uknown

“'What is REAL?' asked the Rabbit one day. 'Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?' 'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.[...] 'Does it happen all at once, like being wound up,' he asked, 'or bit by bit? 'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to the people who don't understand.'”
~Margery Williams (The Velveteen Rabbit)

"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."
~Whitney Young

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
quotes.. okay most of these I dont recall where they are from, since I tend to space out alot! AWESOME! :crazy::crazy:

The most important thing in life is how to give love and accept it -Morrie Schwartz

Dont worry, Be happy -?

Your Heart.. Is my Pinata-?

The Hardest thinh in life is to watch the person you love.. love someone else -Missbliss

Thousands of candles can be lit by one candle, and the life of the candle cannot be shortened, Happiness can never decrease by being shared - Buddhist quote

One Love -Bob Marley!

·
Registered
18 Posts
HAHA! I love quotations! They are always usefull to cheer up or motivate a friend!

Here's some for you! These are ENFJ specific!

“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”~ Kahlil Gibran

“For it is in giving that we receive.” ~ St. Francis of Assisi

“To give without any reward, or any notice, has a special quality of its own.” ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

“There is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving” ~ Henry Drummond

“Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own.” ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

“Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ~Buddha

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” ~ Winston Churchill

“The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.” ~ Albert Einstein

“Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.” ~ Frank A. Clark (this one teas me up):crying:

“Joy can be real only if people look upon their life as a service, and have a definite object in life outside themselves and their personal happiness” ~ Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

“Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” ~ Kahlil Gibran (this one seems to be made special for me) :unsure:

Huumm I got a bit carried away with this.... I'll post more later!!! :happy: ((((( )))))

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oooh great idea!!! I love this :crazy:

Note to self: must read The Fountainhead! Love love your quote! And oh my gosh, I could cry just thinking about the Velveteen Rabbit!!

Here are my fav's:

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -- Maya Angelou

"For your race, in its poverty, has unquestionably one really effective weapon -- laughter. Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution -- these can lift at a colossal humbug -- weaken it a little, century by century; but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. You are always fussing and fighting with your other weapons. Do you ever use that one?" -- Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger

·
Registered
40 Posts
I thought of another one!!

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-- David Herbert Lawrence

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yay! I love quotes!

"Multitasking: The opportunity to screw up more than one thing at once." -- Steve Uzzell

"I can see the light at the end of the tunnel; I just hope it's not a bear with a flashlight!" -- Unknown

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves." -- François Duc de La Rochefoucauld

"Nerves and butterflies are fine - they're a physical sign that you're mentally ready and eager. You have to get the butterflies to fly in formation, that's the trick." -- Steve Bull

"Find out just what people will quietly submit to, and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” -- Frederick Douglass

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." -- Laurence J. Peter

"Worry is nothing less than the misuse of your imagination" -- Ed Foreman

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option" -- Unknown

"Mourn the losses, because they are many; but celebrate the victories, because they are few" -- Unknown

"Hope for the best. Plan for the worst." -- Unknown

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" -- Douglas Adams

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." -- Ernest Hemingway

"Science discerns the laws of nature. Industry applies them to the needs of man." -- Museum of Science and Industry Rotunda

"Some things are difficult for a reason, but there is never a reason to be difficult" -- Miranda Coats

"The greatest difficulty is that men do not think enough of themselves, do not consider what it is that they are sacrificing when they follow in a herd, or when they cater for their establishment" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Every human being is worthy, simply because she or he exists." -- Lou Tice

Continued in my signature --->

Reactions: Benedox

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"I learned that it is the weak who are cruel and that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong." ~Leo Rosten

"Experiencing our familiar rooms and belongings, our local supermarket and neighborhood streets as if we had never been there, is also traveling." ~Melanie Peter

"One great, strong, unselfish soul in every community could actually redeem the world." ~Elbert Hubbard

"A lot of dreams don't come true in life. If you can make somebody's dream come true, you should." ~Jameer Nelson

"If I had influence with the good fairy, I would ask that her gift to each child be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life." ~Rachel Carlson

"Love, it is said, is blind, but love is not blind. It is an extra eye, which shows us what is most worthy of regard. To see the best is to see most clearly, and it is the lover's privilege."
~J.M. Barrie, The Little Minister

“There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it.”
~Maya Angelou

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a list that I read once in a while, these are my favorite :

Think, Feel, Act!
Listen! Feel! Dance!

I am a path finder. Learn, adapt and overcome. There is value in transformation.

QuotationsMy life philosophy : When confronted with someone else's dilemma, someone else's problem. It matters not what happens to you if you get involved rather than what it happens to them, if you do not.
(from "The George McKenna Story")

Smile! Make things Better!! - unknown
"Your belief creates the fact." - William James
"Lose your mind and come to your senses." - Fritz Perls
"Every wall is a door" - Emerson
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford
"Whether you believe you can, or you can't, you are right." - Henry Ford
"I am a woman in process. I’m just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience, and learn from it. Life is never dull." - Oprah

"Dreams create the dancer, the dancer creates the dance" - Izabella & Emile

"Don´t know how I lived without you
Cuz everytime that I get around you
I see the best of me inside your eyes
You make me smile
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe" ~ Uncle Kracker - Smile

If a person does not keep pace with his/her companions, perhaps it is because he/she hears a different drummer. Let him/her step to the music witch she hears, however measured or far away. ~ Henry David Thoreau (changed quote)

"In the Middle of Difficulty Lies Opportunity."
I remember every lesson good and bad, every victory, every defeat and I can't just throw it away. I reather live and try and fail then give up.
You have to be able to hold on to your self when everything else is ripped away from you.

"I love the insanity that causes me to go with what I feel."- Izabella

Bruce Lee Quotes:
"Be water my friend."
"Use no way as a way, use no limitation as limitation."
"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself , do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."

·
Registered
214 Posts
My favorite quotes tend to be either incredibly cynical/hilarious or very serious/sentimental ones. So I'll try to list some from both categories:

Things I think are funny:

"I'm in no condition to drive... wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!" - dunno where it's from..

"That's what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming.... and then silence." - Llamas with Hats 2! (youtube video)

"There is a small part of me that is actually very excited about this new company. But 70% of me is water." - Michael Scott (The Office)

"I'm not gay, I just really love rainbows." - car bumper sticker

Dr. Lisa Cuddy: Your reputation won't last if you don't do your job; the clinic is part of your job. I want you to do your job.
Dr. Gregory House: But as the philosopher Jagger once said "You can't always get what you want."
(from the TV show, House)

"Life is not a struggle. It's a wiggle." - a real fortune cookie I got at some Chinese restaurant

More serious quotes:

"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance." - Japanese Proverb

"If music be the food of love, play on" - Shakespeare's Twelfth Night

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." - C.S. Lewis

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis

"If I have a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the explanation is-I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

"Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - The Bible, John 15:12-13

That ended up being a lot more than I intended.. I love quotes. And quoting things.. especially funny movies like Zoolander. :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts