Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Early Winter

Votes: 14 20.9%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel like just four options doesn't do the seasons justice, so I divided each of them again into early, mid, and late, giving us 12 subsets in total.
Noticing it matches with the number of months in a year, I decided to move mid and late winter before the rest (roughly being January and February), leaving early winter at the end (roughly being December). The correlation to the 12 months isn't exact though, as seasons may vary in length to a certain degree.

While it's mostly about temperature, weather, etc., you can include holidays in your reasoning when voting.

Reactions: psyche

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I love winter in its entirety, but voted for mid-winter in the poll. Cold and gloomy weather is my favorite, I enjoy how it looks and feels. Also, while the decorating and songs of Christmas can get annoying, I like that the season does remind me of Christmas food and presents.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love winter in its entirety, but voted for mid-winter in the poll. Cold and gloomy weather is my favorite, I enjoy how it looks and feels. Also, while the decorating and songs of Christmas can get annoying, I like that the season does remind me of Christmas food and presents.
You could have voted for early winter as well, given that Christmas is pretty early on in winter (and early winter would translate to December if we correlate the 12 sub-seasons to the 12 months).
I made it a multiple choice poll for a reason.

That's unless you just hate decorating and Christmas songs so much! xD

Reactions: Jaune

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I voted late fall/early winter (which is right now!!!) I like late October to December the best. I do think Christmas is a bit annoying though, especially the music. Except for Christmas songs in minor key. Here's some, because why the fuck not?

I also like early spring, but I think warm/hot weather is massively overrated. I am a hot tamale and dislike summer, unless I'm either in an air-conditioned basement (which is most of the time) or in water; I do like thunderstorms though, just not tornado season, because I live in the Midwest and that's like, a thing.

I love snow. I love that I live in a part of the country where winters are frigid, because then we get a ton of snow. If I lived where winter was 40 ish degrees and rainy, I would hate winter too. There's just something so peaceful and lovely about it, except when March comes and it melts and gets slushy. Ew.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Late fall and early spring. Not too hot or too cold, with the occasional rain(where I live at least).
Roughly where do you live?

Because the closer you live towards the poles (North and South, not Poland), as it gets generally colder, the more temperate temperatures (interesting sentence lol) will be closer to summer.

For about the same reasoning, I voted for Mid and Late Spring and Early and Mid Fall.

Reactions: Katie Koopa

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Roughly where do you live?

Because the closer you live towards the poles (North and South, not Poland), as it gets generally colder, the more temperate temperatures (interesting sentence lol) will be closer to summer.

For about the same reasoning, I voted for Mid and Late Spring and Early and Mid Fall.
Southern California. It was triple digit temperatures here for a few days this past week, and upper 80's today, so unfortunately early and mid fall can still be pretty hot here. :sad:

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Southern California. It was triple digit temperatures here for a few days this past week, and upper 80's today, so unfortunately early and mid fall can still be pretty hot here. :sad:
Then it makes sense lol. Get well soon.

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
voted for:
mid winter
late winter
early spring
mid spring

Why:
"It's not too dark. It's not too light. Early summer is often too bright and therefore not enjoyable. Late fall is also horrible because of the lack of sun.
"Things need to change and feel new". That's why i prefer early seasons, since the season is young, and it still feels new. The first snow or the first warmer days are always enjoyable. However, we usually don't have winter weather in december, and since the days are really short, i don't really like early winter. Everyone is also occuped with Christmas or 6 december, there are christmass markets, it's the end of the year. I hate it (especially when it also keeps raining and storming like 9 of the 10 times).The end of the seasons are often not that enjoyable".
"In general, i like dry cold winter weather, or sunny and warm (but not too warm weather).

February and march are usually very okay. I also feel lucky (lucky not happy), in those months for reasons i don't know why, but february is so much better than freaking december.

I'm not a fan of september. I feel very unhappy in june always. The end of april / beginning of may is also traditionally a period where i have a harder time in general. The entire late spring isn't something for me. I feel depressive at times in august, july too, but less than june i guess. October is not really my cup of tea. November is hell. December is often depressive as well. January is usually okay, but more towards the end of that month. The beginning is a bit crowded because of the new year and all the parties and my birthday, but after my birthday i feel like my energy levels are rising. The beginning of april is also fine, because we have lots of cycling races that i enjoy then.

This year, i didn't like september & october. I'm really having a hard time now. It was better in the beginning of the year when i felt just in general better.

I love february and march!

·
Registered
784 Posts
I love early and late winter. It's cold enough to wear all types of fun clothes and bundle up, but not piercing cold. Plus, I was born on the last day of winter :)

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Late Spring, which is when I was born, and Early Autumn, when the weather is just starting to get cooler and the people huddle closer in an era of festivals and shared joys.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Mid winter, and early and late summer.

·
Registered
INTJ
309 Posts
I voted Early Fall - Early Spring. I love all of the cooler seasons, but I'd say my favorite is Fall, especially Early Fall (right now).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mid-Fall for me. But bear in mind, as a Texan, my mid-fall is probably everyone else's early summer. I like 65-75 degree weather, what can I say? Not to mention the abundance of lovely holidays, and unlike spring, the lack of pollen.

·
Registered
10,016 Posts
1. Mid Summer
(I like it hot, I like it sunny)
Long days!

2. Late Spring
(people are always so happy where I live when spring is here and it's sunny with birds chirping)

3. Early Summer

4. Late Summer

5. Early Winter
(The snow is still pretty and fluffy, it's a festive time of year, it's nostalgic, it hasn't gotten extremely bitter yet).

6. Early Spring
(Just excited for dead of winter to lift, still melty and muddy everywhere though so it's further down on this list)

7. Early Fall
(It's very pretty, but the swift climate change and shorter days pushes this further down the list)

Absolutely dislike the dead of winter where it's bitter and cold and icy. Weh!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts