Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent my entire afternoon and evening tonight socializing with a bunch of strangers. And we were mostly all strangers to each other. It was at my friend's barbeque and around the table were some really interesting people. One guy is an actor on a web series, another guy plays tournament poker, my cousin was there and he plays bass for an up-and-coming band and the host and myself both have our own companies. And me and two of the other guys feel completely free in social situations, so we immediately got some real conversations going.

After that I went to my other cousin's recording studio and met a solo performer there, and this guy genuinely loves music. Had a really interesting conversation with him.

So I realized that my favorite social setting is one where I DON'T know the people and they are interesting. Because when I don't know a person then I am curious to get to know them more than if I were to know them for years. I absolutely love talking to strangers. I've met some really interesting strangers over the years, but a table like that where we essentially were all strangers to each other was fantastic. That table was buzzing and had a very vibrant vibe to it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My favourite setting is amatuer dramtics.

Why? Because once you've done a show with someone or if your doing a show with someone you lose the embaressment you have at first really quickly. I mean you all dancing sing and talking in fake (normally new york) accents so you can't really get embaressed around these people anymore,

But at the same time amatuer dramatics attracts strong personalities so their quite accepting of Ne and your often rehearsing so much that you don't get much time to talk to the rest of the cast that much especially ones you don't do scenes with so while your comfortable making a fool of yourself around them you might not know much about them meaning parties and nights out are really interesting and are like being out with people you don't know but without any of that discomfort!

·
Registered
160 Posts
A random place with random interesting people and alcohol. Although that sounds like a bar it never is because most people are very boring and useless in conversation.

Reactions: amanda_elisa

·
Registered
479 Posts
I spent my entire afternoon and evening tonight socializing with a bunch of strangers. And we were mostly all strangers to each other. It was at my friend's barbeque and around the table were some really interesting people. One guy is an actor on a web series, another guy plays tournament poker, my cousin was there and he plays bass for an up-and-coming band and the host and myself both have our own companies. And me and two of the other guys feel completely free in social situations, so we immediately got some real conversations going.

After that I went to my other cousin's recording studio and met a solo performer there, and this guy genuinely loves music. Had a really interesting conversation with him.

So I realized that my favorite social setting is one where I DON'T know the people and they are interesting. Because when I don't know a person then I am curious to get to know them more than if I were to know them for years. I absolutely love talking to strangers. I've met some really interesting strangers over the years, but a table like that where we essentially were all strangers to each other was fantastic. That table was buzzing and had a very vibrant vibe to it.

You'd love New Orleans. That's the reason I love it. It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing, there's always interesting people who will just stop and have lengthy in depth conversations with you, hell you might even go to lunch with this person you just met on the street, it's happened to me before.

·
Banned
359 Posts
My favorite social setting is when i am with strangers. But they must be intelligent and interesting. I tend to get bored of people too easily.I like conversing with strangers.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A library?
Actually I love socializing at the library when I'm doing work. Th library I commonly go to on campus has a section with a bunch of tables, and its open with a cafe even, so no one gives a shit if you're loud or not. It's perfect for ENTPs, since you get to work while fucking around at the same time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah! Libraries are awesome in almost every way. I said it sort of questioningly because I know how big of a dork I can get about them. I simply adore libraries. I know pretty much everyone that works at my local library, and in high school that is often were my friends and I would hangout.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts