Personality Cafe banner

Select your favorite times of day and days of the week

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite times of day and days of the week?

Why do you like these days and times?

*** Note: The last category should read 10pm - 12am, not 10pm - 12pm.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
My favorite time is 4 AM.

I feel focused before the slivers of dawn shine through my window, before the workers wake up and pee and make coffee and rush out the door, before the birds chirp noisily outside. Mixed with pleasure over being completely alone and guilt over wasting my day tomorrow, I am absorbed in what I'm doing, and saying "fuck you" by procrastinating, by choosing to remain awake rather trying desperately, and almost always unsuccessfully, to sleep.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Friday, because I gotta get down on Friday, Friday. Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend.

2AM-4AM because daytime is such an ugly time of day. So many people are awake being industrious and/or doing bad things. It's not just that nighttime is quieter, but I can actually feel the absence of daytime bullshit. I also prefer as little sun as possible.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
No real preference from what you listed.

I hate sleeping and I love eating, but I don't have a regular schedule or planned time for either.

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
In the summer I like the evenings, the intensity of the sun goes down and it feels much more comfortable to go outside and do whatever I want. I also live on the ocean, summer nights at the beach with a group of friends is hard to beat.

If I can, in autumn I like wandering around by myself in the late morning or early afternoon. Autumn is my favorite season, it feels equally peaceful and invigorating to me.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My favorite time is 4 AM.

I feel focused before the slivers of dawn shine through my window, before the workers wake up and pee and make coffee and rush out the door, before the birds chirp noisily outside. Mixed with pleasure over being completely alone and guilt over wasting my day tomorrow, I am absorbed in what I'm doing, and saying "fuck you" by procrastinating, by choosing to remain awake rather trying desperately, and almost always unsuccessfully, to sleep.

Same same. I actually wake up at 3am. In another life, another world, confirmed genders and opportunity provided, I'd definitely wed you.

Reactions: Kilgore Trout

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Friday, because I gotta get down on Friday, Friday. Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend.

2AM-4AM because daytime is such an ugly time of day. So many people are awake being industrious and/or doing bad things. It's not just that nighttime is quieter, but I can actually feel the absence of daytime bullshit. I also prefer as little sun as possible.
Now I have that horrid song stuck in my head. :shocked:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I have no preference for a day, but I do like to do things during the late night/early morning, as there are far less distractions, and during the summer it is far less warm. I generally wake up at 5 or 6 pm and stay up till 4 or 5 am, but unfortunately I'm going to have to change my schedule now that I have an actual grown up job. If only there was a job market designed specifically for us nocturnes. :frustrating:

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
183 Posts
It is possible that the gap between my time-frames has to do with the numbers themselves; I can't think of any reason why 10-12 shouldn't be just as well as 8-10 and 12-2, but it's been rejected.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have no preference for a day, but I do like to do things during the late night/early morning, as there are far less distractions, and during the summer it is far less warm. I generally wake up at 5 or 6 pm and stay up till 4 or 5 am, but unfortunately I'm going to have to change my schedule now that I have an actual grown up job. If only there was a job market designed specifically for us nocturnes. :frustrating:
there are jobs with grave yards shifts. Not sure what you mean by grown up job though

Reactions: Ista
1 - 10 of 10 Posts