Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
As a really little kid I loved The Clown-Arounds and The Pokey Little Puppy and The Eleventh Hour and Noisy Nora and Up Goes Mr. Downs and Where the Wild Things Are and The Little Engine that Could and The Giving Tree and all the poetry books from Shel Silverstein and But No Elephants and Stellaluna and this one book that had pictures of really cute kittens.

As an 'independent reader' if you will, I was obsessed with Time Windows and Wait Till Helen Comes and Ella Enchanted and a lot of books about really tragic things. I was also really into the Babysitter's Club books and the Boxcar Children books.

The Pokey Little Puppy
I had Pokey Little Puppy bedsheets when I was little! So great!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't remember the name of it, but I had it memorized. It was about this little kid with a red hoodie, and he went out on the first snow, the sides of the snow banks were so huge that it looked like a maze. He took some snow and put it in his pocket to save for that next day, but was so sad when it had melted. I also liked where the wild things are, the boxcar children, and some weird rainbow people book that I can't remember the name of.

Reactions: NaughyChimp

·
Registered
627 Posts
This one was hard to find an image of. I could "read" this book at age 3. I suspect, that it's more likely that I just had it memorized.

It was a Disney version of "Peter and the Wolf"

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I can't remember the name of it, but I had it memorized. It was about this little kid with a red hoodie, and he went out on the first snow, the sides of the snow banks were so huge that it looked like a maze. He took some snow and put it in his pocket to save for that next day, but was so sad when it had melted. I also liked where the wild things are, the boxcar children, and some weird rainbow people book that I can't remember the name of.
That's called The Snowy Day. I liked the part where his feet made a crunching sound in the snow. I love that sound.

Loved Pale Green Pants as well and Horten Hears a Who and other Dr. Seuss books. Also loved Shel Silverstein, but The Giving Tree made me cry.
Huge Pippi Longstockings fan.
A Wrinkle in Time, Island of the Blue Dolphins, White Fang.
I'd read the encyclopedias all of the time as well. I'd usually have a stack piled up next to me since one thing made you interested in another that you had to look up.

Reactions: NaughyChimp
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.