Votes: 121 10.9%
  • No Preference

Votes: 19 1.7%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 475 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
I started clicking nearly everything on the list.. I will say that in school computer classes are the ones I like best. Taking math as an example: I like playing with numbers and creating my own formulas, using someone else's data to plug into someone else's formulas is boring. So I like math but dislike math class. The same is true for a number of others on that list.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ooh. I absolutely adore Astronomy, as well as Psychology.
Astronomy is awesome, about Supernovas and Black holes and all the theories!
Love.
Psychology is awesome because I love complex stuff.
I don't know about Quantum Physics, but I'd love to try it. -sigh-
Too bad they don't have it at middle schools!

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Psychology and Economics.

I see psychology as underlying economics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Physics, for its elegance. My brain is wired for physics, but I'm afraid biology is the wave of the future. Hence I struggle with the biochem book :tongue:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Favorites:
Chemistry -- it all makes so much sense now!
Math -- easy and fun.
Physics -- interesting, but harder than math because it involves mechanics.

Least favorites:
Political science -- soft!
Linguistics -- my cousin got a master's in this and says she no longer "believes" in it.
Systems -- what is that?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Physics.

I would have loved to have been a theoretical physicist, but while I can imagine concepts and manipulate existing mathematics, I simply lack the ability to invent my own math tools to do the work.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Ahh, all these options and no art? Hah, you make Feynman roll in his grave.
My favorites are archaeology, art, astronomy, automation, biology, chemistry, computer science... Uhh the list actually might be too long, but I think I can outline some of them by my priority basis:
Physics is top priority, it relates to all other sciences.
Paleontology and biology, in order to explain the rise of life, likelyhood of intelligent life developing and study of ecosphere to extend our own survival.
Medicine to help all the mankind and improve the quality of human life.
Robotics, same reasons as medicine and also many other reasons.
Astronomy to feed the human imagination, give us hope and a reason reach to the stars so that one day mankind can find it in itself to unite under one goal: to spread life and culture into the vast universe and to search, document and preserve life we find out there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
C'mon, more love for biology! Biology, genetics and related fields for me. I'm way into transhumanism so genetics has always had a special place in my heart. I'll actually be studying bioethics in college soon and I'm going to relish the mixture of philosophy of biology. Combining the abstract and the physical into a harmonious practice of pushing forward the dial of progress, it gives me chills!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
C'mon, more love for biology! Biology, genetics and related fields for me. I'm way into transhumanism so genetics has always had a special place in my heart. I'll actually be studying bioethics in college soon and I'm going to relish the mixture of philosophy of biology. Combining the abstract and the physical into a harmonious practice of pushing forward the dial of progress, it gives me chills!
Bioethics as pish posh. Do what ever necessary, sacrifice as much as you need to attain the goal, ends do justify the means when the end is so immensely and disproportionately beneficial and world changing.
Eternal life for all who wish to grasp it!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Bioethics as pish posh. Do what ever necessary, sacrifice as much as you need to attain the goal, ends do justify the means when the end is so immensely and disproportionately beneficial and world changing.
Eternal life for all who wish to grasp it!
I bet it's impossible. There would have to be constant cellular intervention for it to work. It would have to be hooked up to a quantum computer or something extremely fast like that, and even then it doesn't seem to make sense.

Now prolonging life? Possible by a long-shot.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like math the best because it's so black and white- and it can be used to analyze ANYTHING. It's like being able to order natural things in a right, wrong, yes, no kind of way. It can't help you find 'the truth' but it can help you know how close or far away from it you are. Also, no one can talk their way out of math. I always hated how in Literature (and other classes similar to it) so much that was pitched to you as a FACT was really just a popular opinion. My God how that pissed me off!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I once was into computer science but got bored by it so am no longer into it really....

Physics is fascinating to me, analyzing mother nature and finding/understanding the underlying models.
Astronomy is therefore quite interesting as quite a lot is not yet understood or (as many have put it) simply magnificent to imagine.
I am interested into quantum physics and quantum mechanics, probably due to my Ni giving me ability to "take as ok" some otherwise odd and strange quantum phenomena.

I see Chemistry as basis for biology and that being the basis for genetics. But I mostly prefer those subjects as aid for describing more complex processes.

But I prefer the most complex and "difficult" subject, which in my opinion is psychology.
There is still so much to discover, so much we do not yet comprehend, and in addition the capabilities and power of the human mind amaze me again and again.

In psychology you have to consider so many factors, so many "sub-processes" most of which are highly complex.
I like the fact that it really challenges me, and I can include other fields of science into it (mainly biology/chemistry -> neupsychology, sociology -> social psychology, etc.).

·
Registered
429 Posts
I picked a lot... ^^;

Astronomy, Physics, Math - I'm not really good at math, but I LOVE physics, so they both challenge me. I've wanted to be an astronaut since I was little. Specifically astrophysics is what I like.

Biology, Psychology, Sociology, Linguistics - I like understanding how organisms work, ecosystems, evolution, and then humans in general, human society, how we're the same yet differ from other animals.

Computer Science, Engineering, Genetics - was amazing at Genetics in 9th grade, find DNA fascinating, love traits and heredity. Genetic Engineering is piquing my interest right now. Computer science as well.

Right now I'm focusing on astronomy and biology (watch nat geo WILD everyday when I get home from school :D)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
But I prefer the most complex and "difficult" subject, which in my opinion is psychology.
There is still so much to discover, so much we do not yet comprehend, and in addition the capabilities and power of the human mind amaze me again and again.

In psychology you have to consider so many factors, so many "sub-processes" most of which are highly complex.
I like the fact that it really challenges me, and I can include other fields of science into it (mainly biology/chemistry -> neupsychology, sociology -> social psychology, etc.).
This is exactly what I love about it. :S So much is discovered in the other areas, but I feel like Psychology has only been lightly touched until recently. It's fascinating.

21 - 40 of 475 Posts