• No Preference

Votes: 19 1.7%

• Total voters
461 - 475 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
♂️ Xennial - Melancholic/Choleric
3,834 Posts
I voted for 5 answers: astronomy, biology, physics, political sciences and psychology. Though I don't like getting into technicalities and swotting through pages of higher maths.

I like cosmic perspective, so I'd love to know about biology, psychology and political systems from other planets. Hope I live long enough to satisfy this curiosity!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I voted for sociology and anthropology.

Sociology because a lot of important tools have been made that are used in anthropology. And on the problematic of gender, most of the works are in sociology.

Now for anthropology, it's because there is those subdisciplines which are comparative, dynamic, and political anthropology which fascinate me. The latest one is, to me, the most important and a game changer for the analysis of our societies, or so I think. I believe this can allow us to control the future our societies, simply because knowing how the societies evolve would allow us to get ride of false beliefs on the future of our societies.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
INFP
Anthropology
Linguistics
Psychology
Sociology

Mostly psychology.

But I also enjoy reading about biology, and health from time to time. Especially ornithology.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
*You hear a robotic voice comming towards you*

Code:
Computer Science
Engineering
Robotics

[SIZE=1]Hail Hydra![/SIZE]
Where the hell did you come from.
:shocked:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Computer science
Engineering
Genetics
Mathematics
Physics
Psychology
Systems

I'm mostly dealing with computer science, engineering, mathematics and physics and I really like that stuff. Systems is one of the most interesting field that I had the pleasure to learn a bit about (systems science is about modeling, analyzing and designing... systems. There is the "systems science" wiki page for more details). I still remember those crazy plots shown during the lectures (it was a course on analog control)

Psychology is more a hobby and the potential of what genetics can bring to this world is just huge and super-interesting... the only problem is that some people will misuse it :skeleton:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I voted psychology and linguistic.

Don't know why, when I was a child I was already fascinated by the sounds produced by other children that I could not yet understand.
You can also focus on emotions and movements in a different way...your perception changes... you can interact in a different way...

I already felt motivated and stimulated by differences. Why I chose to take my diplomas abroad, why I chose another country, Why I chose teaching languages. Probably for psychological reasons....

Beyond the useful, learning and transmitting the pleasure of communication, self-expression, of creating through language, the meaning of words, their beauty, etc opens the doors of our unconscious.

·
Registered
28,905 Posts
Chemistry
Computer Science
Mathematics

Well, I mainly put chemistry because I was good at it in high school.

Mathematics holds the prize for being the only thing I could sit down for several days straight and just watch an entire video course by a good teacher. It’s an interesting field. Maybe one day I will learn about Abstract Algebra when I’m bored. The relationships just get deeper and more interesting.

Computer Science is essentially is my field. But I’m all for telecommunications, easy stuff learning about the internet and how it works. The only disappointment is that it is all explicitly man-made so there isn’t much “discovery” to be felt like in other sciences like physics or biology. But then again the process is easier.

461 - 475 of 475 Posts