Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was interested to see what games people enjoy and the genre and why they like it.
I enjoy playing StarCraft II because there's always room for improvement and it requires strategy to win, and winning is satisfying.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
RPGs, favourite being Diablo I & II.
The graphics are cool, there's the illusion of achievement in building up my character, and most of all it doesn't require me to think. I like computer games that allow me to just vegetate.

EDIT - Any kind of racing games too, pretty much for same reason. They just require minimum concentration and some reflex, not much else.

Reactions: Wake

·
Registered
85 Posts
Many FPS game. Sucks at RPGs/RTSs because I hate calculating that *many* things.

Reactions: Wake and Rhee

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
How about... card games like Egyptian War and Big Two? And "party" games like Scattergories and Bananagrams? And thinking games like Set and Contact? :tongue: Unfortunately, that's all I've got for ya. They're all great in their own ways.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I used to be into FPS (First Person Shooters) like Counterstrike, and Day of Defeat, Quake II, etc.

After getting banned from almost every public DoD server for "hacking", I found World of Warcraft. I don't really play any other game. Speaking of WoW, Paragon (#1 guild in the world) did an official MBTI type test on their guild. Over half the people who took the test were INTJ....and a majority of the people in high end to elite guilds test INTJ.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The older I get, the more my taste narrows to FPSs. I was ridiculously active in TF2 for a while, but once the community I was in collapsed, I moved on to other games like CoD and BC2. I also play Bioware RPGs (KOTOR and ME games). I actually have a rather large Steam library with a good number of games I haven't even played yet. I still play a few RTSs (SC2, C&C games) but far less frequently.

Once I get my desktop back in about a month, I'll be all over dat ****.

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Speaking of WoW, Paragon (#1 guild in the world) did an official MBTI type test on their guild. Over half the people who took the test were INTJ....and a majority of the people in high end to elite guilds test INTJ.
Also, here is some interesting data correlating MBTI and aspects of WoW.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I enjoy RPGs because it's a game with a storyline (the ones I play are anyway like Final Fantasy and Tales). I also like Civilization IV, I've been playing the series since elementary school. I know that there is a new installment out, but I kind of forgot about the series until recently.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
85 Posts
The older I get, the more my taste narrows to FPSs. I was ridiculously active in TF2 for a while, but once the community I was in collapsed, I moved on to other games like CoD and BC2. I also play Bioware RPGs (KOTOR and ME games). I actually have a rather large Steam library with a good number of games I haven't even played yet. I still play a few RTSs (SC2, C&C games) but far less frequently.

Once I get my desktop back in about a month, I'll be all over dat ****.
Almost the same with me!

I started with Quake 3 and Counter-Strike when I'm ~8 years old, then touched CoD 2, then CS:S, TF2.
Last year I got my hand on CoD:MW2 and BFBC2.
I played Mass Effect 1 and 2 as well.

On the RTS part I tried Red Alert 2, WC3, Company of Heroes and something else. However FPS's still the most played genre.

Reactions: Out0fAmmo and niss

·
Registered
228 Posts
I very much enjoy (J)RPGs. Just to list some of my favorite games in the genre: Deus Ex, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 and The World Ends With You.

I also enjoy fighting games, currently Marvel vs. Capcom 3, because I like facing an opponent 1v1 with no one else on our side. I like trying to predict my opponent's moves, counter-attacking them, planning and executing strategies on the fly and such. I'm above average at them, but I won't take the significant amount of time and training to truly get to a professional level.

I also enjoy FPSs (CoD games, BioShock...), text adventure games, rhythm games... Really, I enjoy every genre almost equally except for sports games and simulation games.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I play stragety war games. My favorite is AGEod's American Civil War.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I play WoW like a job. I used to competatively play FPS games (Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Tournament 2004, Painkiller, Counter-Strike: Source, Call of Duty 1). I also love all of the Grand Theft Auto and God of War games.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Lol talk about games, i like =D

When it comes to shooters, i don't like FPS i like TPS like SD gundam Capsule fighter..like best game evarr? FPS gives me motion sickness, similar to Mine Craft

Starcraft 2 is alright, although that isn't really my specialty. I like RPG's a lot, survival project was quite nice, i even recommend games like Blade and Soul or Aion. What i also like are 2d/3d action games, if people played Dungeon fighter (or in korean Deonpa) seriously then it'd be real fun. If you're looking for some serious action on 2d fighting games like capcom or whatever, i would suggest Melty Blood Act Cadenza since that is purely skill. Timing is all critical for winning.

I also like racing games :0, but only games like Kartrider since it looks cute and it's all skill. It never feels like losing when compared to killing games lol. Kartrider owns, so does all Korean made games: Blade and Soul, Deonpa, Kartrider, SDgundam capsule fighter online (SDGO).

Lastly..this new 2D casual game that i was hooked on since yesterday. Terraria seems SUPER FUN, digging and exploring randomly generated worlds. I'd say it'd be a nice game an ISTj would enjoy, slow paced and you get to build things to your own delight :D.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have a pretty big soft spot for turn based tactical games. There's something about failing a level that's very satisfying.

I do enjoy RTS' but I feel limited by lack of omnipotence. :mellow: I also feel bad when I beat people. :frustrating:

I also enjoy DotA and LoL quite a bit, though the communities are somewhat lackluster. Hopefully DOTA 2 will be a bit better with that.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Lol talk about games, i like =D

When it comes to shooters, i don't like FPS i like TPS like SD gundam Capsule fighter..like best game evarr?
Interesting. I've been seeing a slew of Gundam games on youtube. Wondering if this might be a fix for the Gundam RPG many of us have been envisioning.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts