Personality Cafe banner

Who is your favourite Game of Thrones Character

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or rather your favourite Song of Ice and Fire Character.

We all already know who is going to win, though. So this is more of a poll to see who the second favourite is.
All types are welcome to vote.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Voted Tyrion, because at one point he was the only character I even vaguely liked

(and then he went into exile and I dropped the series).

Books btw, not the show.

EDIT: I feel I would have liked the series more had there been more fantasy in it. Seems to me it's more of a medieval drama.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
That is a hard one. A song of Ice and Fire has a myriad complex, intriquing characters. I personally oscillate between Tyrion, Baelish, Davos and Jon.

From all the characters Tyrion is clearly the one most similar to me. I can relate to his actions and his attitudes. Plus, he is very witty and extremely entertaining in conversations.

Lord Baelish character flourishes since the second half of the third book. What I appreciate about him, is the fact that he worked himself up and now is even plays his very own part in the game of thrones. Again wittyness and intelligence make him very symphatetic for me.

Right now (after book 5) he is the ultimate wildcard in the series, having both Harrenhal and the Vale within his grasp.

Jon

What fascinates me mostly about Jon are the prophecies which implicate that he is actually a Targeryen and will, alongside with Deanerys and young Aegon, fulfil the prophecy of the Song of Ice and Fire.

And Davos is just cuddly.

But my poll is useless anyway as Joffrey will win for sure. He is just soooooo amiable. But seriously, Tyrion is gonna win. INTPs will surely identify most with him

And honorable mentions

Olenna, Varys, Aegon, Jaqen, Doran, The red viper, Victarion, Euron, The hound, Arya

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a hard one. A song of Ice and Fire has a myriad complex, intriquing characters. I personally oscillate between Tyrion, Baelish, Davos and Jon.

From all the characters Tyrion is clearly the one most similar to me. I can relate to his actions and what his attitudes. Plus, he is very witty and extremely entertaining in conversations.

Lord Baelish character flourishes since the second half of the third book. What I appreciate about him, is the fact that he worked himself up and now is even plays his very own part in the game of thrones. Again wittyness and intelligence make ihm very symphatetic for me.

What fascinates me mostly about Jon are the prophecies which implicate that he is actually a Targeryen and will, alongside with Deanerys and young Aegon, fulfil the prophecy of the Song of Ice and Fire.

And Davos is just cuddly.

But my poll is useless anyway as Joffrey will win for sure. He is just soooooo amiable.
Dude, of course Joffrey Lannister err... I mean Baratheon would win. I voted Joffrey as you can see.

Oh, and I suggest you put spoiler tags on some of that stuff you mentioned, those are some serious spoilers right there.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Tyrion is very cool. Tywin and his background is very interesting. Jon Snow is realistically passive for a fiction character but I like him. You must be kidding about Joffrey. Arya is cool but not yet developed. Dany is too FJ for my tastes. Jaime is getting interesting. Cersei is annoying.

I very much liked Jaqen H'ghar, I liked Ygritte, Bran, and for some wicked reason the bastard of Bolton. The Hound is cool as well.

edit:have not read the books.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Voted Tyrion, because at one point he was the only character I even vaguely liked (and then he went into exile and I dropped the series).

Books btw, not the show.

EDIT: I feel I would have liked the series more had there been more fantasy in it. Seems to me it's more of a medieval drama.
Same here. I felt like dropping the books once all

my favourite characters, except Tyrion were dead
, but it's gradually getting better again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's precisely what I like about it.

My favorites have to be Tyrion, Arya, Jaime, Davos, Littlefinger, and Doran.

Tyrion for obvious reasons.

Arya because she's going to be a badass.

Jaime because... Well, first of all he's an ass, but in book 4 he began to develop a little more. I like where his character is going.

Davos because he's one of the few honorable guys still alive.

Littlefinger because he's a mastermind.

Doran for being probably the only INTP main character in the series.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Tywin Lannister. His Christopher Lee persona is brilliant. At first he appeared to simply be a mastermind strategist, but having seen his discussions with Arya Stark I quickly gained respect for him; he's a fair man who respects those who show competence.

Interesting how so many INTPs favourite Tyrion, who's commonly typed as ENTP and I'm an INTJ favouriting an xNTJ.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Tywin Lannister. His Christopher Lee persona is brilliant. At first he appeared to simply be a mastermind strategist, but having seen his discussions with Arya Stark I quickly gained respect for him; he's a fair man who respects those who show competence.

Interesting how so many INTPs favourite Tyrion, who's commonly typed as ENTP and I'm an INTJ favouriting an xNTJ.
I mainly just like him because he is not only cynical but snarky and sharp-witted.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Tyrion Lannister - Nothing to add
Varys - somehow Reminds me of Gus Fring from Breaking Bad. I love those enigmatic, powerful and calm characters that turn out way different from first glance.
Victarion Greyjoy - Biggest badass so far. Just re-read the chapter "The Reaver". I'd like to think he has his part to play in the prophecy, although it seems very unlikely now.
Joffrey Baratheon (Hill ? Waters ?) - Both in the show and the books any scene with this guy can make me laugh.

I'm going to serve it to Sansa at my wedding feast !

Roose Bolton is pretty cool. Way more intriguing than his bastard son. John Connington has my support. Randyll Tarly is probably an annoying xSTJ, but I can't wait to see more of him in the next book.

Special mention to Ser Robert Strong, the cutest character so far.

Also slightly off-topic, Ser Duncan the Great from the novels is a very interesting character to watch growing as well.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The direwolves get no love? what kind of selection is this???

I can't vote for Ghost?!?!
Well since Jon is a

seriously, this is a serious spoiler, don't click on it unless you're prepared to face the consequences

warg, he can mind meld with ghost and therefore they're effectively one entity. Also , I'm talking absolute shit.

So rather vote Joffrey.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts