Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, looks like a lot of our fictional types are classic villains. For a short list:

Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Dr. James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes)
Amy Elliot Dunne (Gone Girl)
Dexter (Dexter)

Whenever I watch these movies, I find myself able to relate to say, Hannibal or Amy Dunne.

So for discussion, who is your favourite INTJ mastermind? Or alternately, what fictional character (any type) do you find yourself most intrigued by, and why/how?

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
Darth Sidious is a fascinating character. He’s a skillful mastermind who is ultimately able to scheme his way to power.

Besides
«The dark side is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural» (read with a raspy voice)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darth Sidious is a fascinating character. He’s a skillful mastermind who is ultimately able to scheme his way to power.

Nice picture lol. Believe it or not, I've not really touched the Star Wars series. Can you shed some light onto certain instances of plot when you felt "man, he is brilliant"? Spoilers acceptable.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts

Nice picture lol. Believe it or not, I've not really touched the Star Wars series. Can you shed some light onto certain instances of plot when you felt "man, he is brilliant"? Spoilers acceptable.

I love how, in Episode III, he manages to take over the entire galaxy through clever planning, political intrigue and sheer strategic brilliance…

Another of the character’s fascinating traits is he follows his agenda because he’s truly convinced that’s the way to go in order to restore stability and achieve progress, after witnessing the Republic’s utter stagnation and paralysis. In other words, the guy is willing to disregard dogmatic ideals for the sake of seeking pragmatic efficiency.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I divide my favorite fictional INTJs into two categories: Protagonists and Antagonists:

Protagonists: I think Gandalf the Grey takes the #1 for my top protagonist (even though INTJs "good guys" are quite rare), and even though it is debated whether Sherlock is an INTJ or not, he often displays more INTJ traits, and thus I have him as the #2.

Antagonists: Well, the list of INTJ villains is legion, however, I would state that my #1 is Palpatine (particularly if you've read some of the books on his ascension to power), Magneto as #2, and a multiple way tie for #3.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I divide my favorite fictional INTJs into two categories: Protagonists and Antagonists:

Protagonists: I think Gandalf the Grey takes the #1 for my top protagonist (even though INTJs "good guys" are quite rare), and even though it is debated whether Sherlock is an INTJ or not, he often displays more INTJ traits, and thus I have him as the #2.
QUOTE]

I love Sherlock too. Though yes, as you mentioned, it's debated if he is INTJ. Protagonists...I like Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, not because he is an evil mastermind, but because I can relate to his social struggles haha.

On a side note: what MBTI types would you consider mentally superior to INTJ? Or would like to work for?
I remember an INTJ telling me their evil plan was to work for an ENTJ boss during their own path to ascension lol.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
So, looks like a lot of our fictional types are classic villains. For a short list:

Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Dr. James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes)
Amy Elliot Dunne (Gone Girl)
Dexter (Dexter)

Whenever I watch these movies, I find myself able to relate to say, Hannibal or Amy Dunne.

So for discussion, who is your favourite INTJ mastermind? Or alternately, what fictional character (any type) do you find yourself most intrigued by, and why/how?
I would call Dexter ISTJ instead of N, but I would definitely add

Villains:

Light Yagami (Death Note)
Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Heroes:

Nate Ford (Leverage)
Nick Fury (Marvel Cinematic 'Verse)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Michael Corleone (The Godfather I/II)
Walter White (Breaking Bad)
Andy Dufresne (Shawshank Redemption)
Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
"Near" (Death Note* - only the manga's depiction of Near was any good though imo. Too much reasoning scenes in his arc cut)
Gustavo Fring (Breaking Bad)
Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
Danzou Shimura (Naruto)
Petyr Baelish (Game of Thrones)
Doran Martell (Game of Thrones)
Roose Bolton (Game of Thrones)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Magneto (X-Men* - a lot of the depictions of him are INTJ, at least)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I second Michael Corleone (The Godfather) and Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass).

I'd add Thranduil (The Hobbit), Sesshomaru (Inuyasha), Near (Death Note, Light is an ENTJ, which becomes more apparent when you compare him to the true INTJ of the series, Near) and Captain Flint (Black Sails).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I second Michael Corleone (The Godfather) and Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass).

I'd add Thranduil (The Hobbit), Sesshomaru (Inuyasha), Near (Death Note, Light is an ENTJ, which becomes more apparent when you compare him to the true INTJ of the series, Near) and Captain Flint (Black Sails).
I don't know why but I've always preferred L over Near in Death Note despite the fact he lost to Light(read the manga series). Is L not also INTJ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts