Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a popular one but I really like: "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
"Those awful things are survivable, because we are as indestructable as we believe ourselves to be. ... We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail."~John Green, Looking for Alaska because he's awesome and so is the book!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
“I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.” ― Dorothy Parker

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. -- George Burns

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here's one I got from "Barbie swan lake" lol, it was when my daughter was watching it a few years ago and I was surprised at how profound it was for a kid movie. Someone asks one of the characters what true love is, and this is what he says:

"True love is when two people love each other more than they love themselves."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts