Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as a matter of interest:

I saw on the what pisses INTJs that favourite TV shows seem to get the axe as they don't reach the wider demographic so I thought I would start this thread to maybe swap ideas of favourite TV shows.

Finding TV shows that are not mindless twaddle is another thing that pisses me off too.

I D/L a show called Shit my Dad Says....because I have read some of his sayings and they are hilarious. The TV series however should just be called Shit.

I will start with my favourite TV series. The Wire, It went for 6 seasons and although I am not usually into shows about cops and druggies I found this one to be just so well done. The characters were beautifully played and I found what wasn't said in this series was just as important as what was said.

Other favourites include:

(the trusty old) Battlestar Galactica
Breaking Bad
The IT Crowd
Life on Mars (British)
Ashes to Ashes
Pride and Prejudice

there are more I'll add later...your turn.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Breaking Bad
Such an amazing show. Bryan Cranston has some incredible range and pulls off serious roles so well, despite so many people pigeonholing him as Hal from Malcolm in the Middle.

Dexter is probably my favorite show on the air, but this current season isn't holding up so far. I have faith in the writers though, so I believe it will improve.

Other things I love include:
Arrested Development (RIP, old friend :[ )
Burn Notice (Bruce Campbell <3)
House (but this season is terrible so far)
Lost (was great up until the final season)
Psych (fun show with clever writing)
Southland (best cop show since Homicide)

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Earth 2
The Stargate Franchise
True Blood
Six Feet Under
Father Ted
Babylon 5
Star Trek
Spaced
IT Crowd
Big Bang Theory
Green Wing
Doctor Who
TorchWood
The Pretender
Sanctuary
Black Books
The Mighty Boosh

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dexter is, by far, my favorite ongoing TV show. I used to watch House like a fanatic in the past.

I thoroughly enjoy The Big Bang Theory as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Definitely House (although this season is waay too focused on all the relationship crap - I need the mystery diseases!), Dr Who, the Apprentice (although this one's not too good for my blood pressure :tongue:) and then any interesting documentary that I manage to find on one of the many Discovery Channels/BBC/Channel 4!

Reactions: beth x

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Mighty Boosh
Due South
Foyle's War (amazing)
Blackadder
Coupling
Fawlty Towers
Black Books
Never Mind the Buzzcocks
Mitchell&Webb
QI
Fry & Laurie
The IT Crowd
The Big Bang Theory
Red Dwarf
Little Mosque on the Prairie
Invader Zim
MI5
Danger UXB
Sherlock (not seen it all yet though)

Almost all British...

Reactions: beth x

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some more.

Daria
One Foot in the Grave
Misfits --this is fairly new but I have enjoyed the first 6 episodes
Spartacus- Blood in the sand- this was harsh to watch and very bloody and seemingly without hope to begin with...it's a bit like 300 but more desperate and depraved.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Current: Burn Notice, Castle, The Amazing Race (not what it once was...), agree that House is iffy these days, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Dirty Jobs and occasionally Mythbusters (also not what it once was - I miss seeing more build details)

Shows of the Past:
BSG, Deep Space Nine, The Muppet Show, Animaniacs, SG-1 (first 6-7 seasons), old Doctor Who (Pertwee fan), Firely... doubtless others that slip my mind because of how long they've been gone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Star Trek TNG is by far my favorite show. Mostly because Picard(definite INTJ) is the most legit captain ever.
Also,
the Office - 1st three seasons were amazing. This season is off to a good start.
LOST - Totally ridiculous but it kept my interest, and I liked the ending.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - I liked the characters and the witty writting style.
Jericho - Cool show that didn't last very long.
Smallville - guilty pleasure

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
, The Muppet Show, Animaniacs, SG-1 (first 6-7 seasons), old Doctor Who (Pertwee fan), Firely... doubtless others that slip my mind because of how long they've been gone.
<3

I loved old Doctor Who....I liked Pertwee but Tom Baker cracked me up....and I wondered how many times he would have destroyed their (state of the art) sets from tripping over that bloody long scarf.:crazy:

More older ones: of course Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I hung off on posting in here for a while so I could just cut-and-post from various other people's lists.

Babylon 5
Star Trek
Castle
Dirty Jobs
Mythbusters
Firely
Jericho
West Wing

Ones that people haven't mention already and that come to mind are;

Space: Above and Beyond
NCIS (the original - LA had potential but it's gotten a bit shaky)
Montalbano telemovies

I'm sure there are others, but none that I recall.

Oh, and NOT Top Gear. NEVER!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts